Boskone Reports and Rumours

GoN

Fen, come hang out in Os chat sometime.

After that meeting all the strangers will seem like seeing old friends.

Or thats the way it seemed to me.

Its really hard to explain.

I had met GoN Daj and pod in KC last year.

But meeting the Stegos, the X's, Frisco. Coco, Balefont et al, it seemed like I already knew them.

Dragon Years? Pray, elaborate.

the "Dragon Years" are those years in adolescence where you are a gawky, pimply, snaggletoothed freak best left in the basement, or let outside only while wearing a burqa. You know, the time when every picture ever taken of you makes you look like a mutant.

Well, GoN's picture of me just trumped ALL of those pictures in one moment of distorted glory. :lol:

ETA -- ah. At least the pic of me, Stego and Race (doing my other standard photo trick, flippin' the bird) on the second page isn't quite so horrific.

Fen, come hang out in Os chat sometime.

After that meeting all the strangers will seem like seeing old friends.

Or thats the way it seemed to me.

Its really hard to explain.

I had met GoN Daj and pod in KC last year.

But meeting the Stegos, the X's, Frisco. Coco, Balefont et al, it seemed like I already knew them.

I totally agree. As I mentioned above, once I adjusted to the "Oh so that's what you look like!" moment, it was exactly like walking into the middle of a board conversation or chat. It felt as though I had known most of you for years.

GoN - always comes through with pictures... awesome. Anyone else have them to post? Can someone give me a complete list of attendees for the BwB Gatherings section? Looks like an awesome time, and good to see Stilgar with a beer in his hand...

Complete list of attendees:

GoN

Dajamieson

Stego

LadyStego

Yagathai

My Sweet Sister

Frisco

Stilgar

Cocomaan

Xray the Enforcer

Mr. X

Sorceress of Neverwords

Racebannon42

Green Armadillo

CaveDwellerofThenn

Padraig

DaveAx

YoungBull

balefont

I *think* that is it. If I have forgotten someone, I am really sorry!

X ray is da bomb..thats all i gotta say about that.

You and me and stego do look ready to go kick some ass or something.

I think that my best one too ...every other one im either licking someone or passed out :P

you look like a white adolescent jesus coco.

p.s. - having given it some thought im sorry to say that No, you cannot dress up like Capt. Adama and ride my Battlestar. it's just too weird. I hope you understand.

Ah, God, now where was I? Oh, yes, describing the chaos of Friday night...

Ended up staying until one in the morning, which is early for this bunch, I discovered. I was introduced to Mr. X and X-Ray, she of the photogenic nature, later that evening. George showing up was fun, although like Regina, I was not ever going to be able to have any conversation with him due to shyness and awe. A pity, because I did want to talk to him about his hemp comments in the panel from earlier in the evening.

GoN was kind enough to show the two of us her pictures from the con back in their country, so that we were finally able to get an idea of what Parris looked like.

Saturday we got up at ten in the morning, which was later than when I thought I was going to be able to stay in until. Yes, I know there are those of you who consider that to be a truly vile, obscene hour. We spent the morning going to George's signing first, then we went and explored the buskers and dealers. Naturally, we walked out with more books. There's a surprise. We bumped into Pod there, and had a brief chat, then went to lunch.

We went to the panel where George explained why he tortures all of his characters; I thought that it was particularly telling that he has accumulated more interest over the years in Tolkein's use of civilizations in twilight or decline. I now realize that that theme appears in the series, having looked at it more closely. The whole panel was interesting, for the most part.

We went to his chapter reading of Tyrion immediately afterwards; which was very enjoyable. Not having read or gotten any spoilers of Dance whatsoever, I was looking forward to this all weekend. Spoilers do not bother me; I am one of those contemptible, loathsome individuals who thinks nothing about going to the last three chapters of any given book and reading those first, like I did with the latest Harry Potter novel. (I expect venomous and vitriolic commentary on that info...).

We went up to the party room afterwards, and after making plans to meet for dinner, went back to our room and tried to nap in preparation for that night. I failed.

Dinner was at Jaspers?, which was fun. Dajamieson, Yag, myself, Regina, Allen, GoN, CDOT, Frisco, Pod, Joanne, and Lady Stego consisted of the group.

After supper, we went up to the party room, where we remained for the rest of our waking hours of that day.

As has already been mentioned, there were people with stuffed frogs roaming around, scary pirate dude whom I somehow managed to avoid seeing entirely, a dominatrix dressed up as a cat, and I am sure I am missing who knows what else. Conversations ranged from Jamie talking about the various games available that are based on the series, to movies made from H.P. Lovecraft's work, to how we should be allowed to kill one person a year gratis without fear of jail or being sued. My Sweet Sister showed up in costume, brave soul that she is.

PICTURES! - Gah. I thought that GoN's camera had a narrower screen; I thought I would not be included in that picture. Normally I am very good at avoiding cameras....although posing is one thing, being caught off guard is something else. Isn't that right, X-Ray? Do I even dare ask what your hands are doing in that picture, or is ignorance bliss in this situation?

Sorceress - Having seen your picture, I am particularly annoyed, because I clearly remember you; you were there for quite some time if I recall. Oh, yes, and YoungBull was there as well; an appropriate screen name, given your size.

GoN and X-Ray, thanks for the pictures, they were fun to look at.

Archived