Game of Thrones theme music

Winddancer

I know I am new, but I just had to share this with other fans!

Jason Yang plays the GoT opening theme on violin and plays 13 different parts! It is simply fantastic!

If link doesnt work, search youtube for Game of thrones violin cover - Jason Yang

Curses, you beat me to it!

I absolutely love this. One of the few drawbacks of the show is that they don't have the cash for a full-scale orchestra so you can tell some of the instruments are synth so I was glad to find this. I know it'd probably be too expensive to do this kind of doubling for every single soundtrack cue but just this one track made me very happy.

Maybe we can vote for it to be Season 2's theme? :) (though it'll probably be easier to vote for Rhaegar Targaryen to be secretly alive)

That was amazing!!! I have to say, as pleasantly surprised as I was with the show in general, I really liked the music, especially the main theme (and the closing music to the last episode). I downloaded the soundtrack and I've probably just gone through that 10 times.

Jason Yang plays the GoT opening theme on violin and plays 13 different parts! It is simply fantastic!

I agree, it's excellent, and definitely one of the best renditions of the main title I've listened to so far.

In fact, the GoT YouTube-team was so impressed that they sent him a thank you:

Message (image)

GoT YouTube-team's complete list of fan-made music:

YouTube even mentioned the 'viral' videos on their Trends-page:

'Game of Thrones' Theme Covers

And here's an article about 11 'fan-renditions' of the main title:

11 stunning (and strange) versions of the Game of Thrones theme

EDIT: BTW, Jason Yang has posted a link to the MP3-file as well. A pity that the bitrate is only 160 Kb/s, but the sound quality is still good.

Archived