A extensive (but not exhaustive) casting list

imladolen

Hello everyone, and thanks for actually checking out this posting of mine (I'm not a name seen on here a lot, though I've been an occasional lurker for years now, so many might just think "who cares?" and go on to the next posting; most of my aSoIaF discussion has been at readandfindout.com and wotmania before that).

On to my casting wish list (some of these I have gotten from others here, others my own original ideas):

Balon Greyjoy -- Keith Allen (yes, in part because of him being Alfie's dad, but he was also awesome on "Robin Hood"). Give him a wig, and you're set.

Stannis Baratheon -- Rufus Sewell (I've recently moved firmly into this camp after having previously wanted first Anthony Head then Philip Glenister in this role; the linked picture is what sold me on it)

Qhorin_Halfhand -- Christopher Eccleston(I'm not much of a fan of "Dr. Who" but I was impressed by his small role on "Heroes." From what I have read online, he doesn't like to stay on one show long, and I think that his popularity in general will make the ending of the season that much more dramatic; in a perfect world, Qhorin would be played by Liam Neeson)

Davos Seaworth -- Robert Carlysle (This guy is just awesome, from "Plunkett & McClean" to "Stargate Universe")

Brienne of Tarth -- Eva Damen third one down (I wish this was my idea!)

Craster-- Ian McShane (Al Swearingen = Crastor seems like a no-brainer to me)

Mace Tyrell -- Kevin McNally (dunno, just saw him on "Life on Mars" and thought Mace Tyrell)

Roose_Bolton -- Sebastian Roche (This guy might not be a Brit, but he can do plenty of accents. He is sort of television shorthand for creepy, given several of the characters I've seen him play on such shows as "Fringe" and "Roar")

Mance Rayder -- James Purefoy (the charm of the guy just shouts to be used for the King Beyond the Wall)

Ser Dontos Hollard -- Philip Glenister (After seeing "Life on Mars" I just really want this guy on the show, and Dontos needed to be filled; alternatively I could see Glenister playing Randyll Tarly fairly well, despite not being "lean.")

Hoster Tully -- Roy Dotrice (he was almost Pycelle, and it would be really awesome to have him finally on the show somewhere; and he's a fav with aSoIaF fans already)

Dolorous Edd -- Robert Sheehan (yeah, I know D-Edd is described as having gray hair, but watching the first couple of episodes of "Misfits" has convinced me that Sheehan could really bring something to this role; and besides, they've already aged down Osha, why not Edd?)

Characters for future seasons (3 and beyond):

Qyburn -- James Frain (although in a perfect world this role would be played by Gary Oldman)

Oberyn Martell -- Cliff Simon (for those who are also readers of Wheel of Time, this is the guy I picture for Demandred as well)

Archived