Suddenly tiny font...

Sis Who Swears

So yeah suddenly my font is really tiny and I'm having to lean wayyy forward to read posts. Is this just a 'thing' that's happening right now or did I screw something up again? It's only on this site.

And it's not just the font, everything looks smaller and kind of slanty?

Thanks Xray... um this 'refresh' thing is it something *I* need to do or ??? :blushing:

He's talking about the 'refresh' button at the top of your monitor screen--the little up-down green-arrows button just to the right of the westeros web address. Click it and it refreshes, updates, whatever page you're on.

Sometimes, when I get the screwed up looking fonts or skin, I have to refresh a couple times before everything returns to normal, but it always does return to normal, quickly and with no problem.

Usually just hitting the "reload" button on your browser will work (and yes, it can persist for up to a couple of hours, so don't sweat it if things aren't fixed for a bit). If it continues to be a problem tomorrow, could you take a screenshot and post a link to it here so we can make sure it's not just the CSS gone wild?

Thanks GUYS (j/k severus but thought I'd let ya in on a lil secret, Xray is a chick... ssshhh :P)

I thought that was what you meant but it didn't/hasn't worked yet so I will def do that tomorrow if it's still doing it. By then I may be blind though...

Sussed!

:tantrum:

:P

Although when I'm wearin' the mod bra, I'm a Mighty Warrior Queen! :whip: Or a deadly lady ninja. :ninja: Or...both. :leaving:

Well, cut off my legs and call me Shorty! Who knew...

:shocked:

ETA: Speaking of gender issues, how come the fact that I'm female disappeared from under my avatar info? Have I been (gasp) de-gendered for some reason?

:) No worries. It's tough to get a bead on people outside of the more social areas of the board. And even then...I remember once another long-term boarder started a thread like "Calling all board lesbians, like Xray." I mean, I'm not straight by any stretch, but I think Mr. X might be a bit concerned to hear that I'd gone completely over to the other side. :lol:

ETA: the gender thing: that's part of the paring down we do when the server is lagging. No profiles, PMs or whatnot, and most of the information fields like gender and location are also turned off. It reduces the number of queries to the database.

Well I'm a freaking idiot. After much screaming, crying and tearing out of hair I just thought I'd try googling how to change a font size on a website.... yeah... <control> +/-.... :blushing:

So now I will just slink away and hide in shame. :leaving:

Oh and thank you Xray for trying to help me, clearly I am beyond all help.

Archived