Asha Greyjoy cast

The girl which was chosen to play Asha/Yara seems young for the character but appearance-wise she fits well. Her last name sounds very familiar--I've heard of several actors with that last name. I'm sure she will do a great job playing Asha who is a strong spirited woman.

A good casting I think, though I wish they'd kept the name Asha as I think it sounds way better than Yara.

Being a good swimmer is a plus that I'd expect the character would be as well. But how is she at axe throwing/finger dancing? :D

Has this been annouced/hinted through any official sources? I ask because the original source - the actress' online CV - has now removed the info...(unless I'm missing it?)

There are several potential reasons for this. One is that she's been cast, but there's supposed to be an official announcement by someone and they've withdrawn the info. The other is that she auditioned and someone got the wrong end of the stick and thought she'd been cast.

So yeah, no 100% confirmation yet.

So much hating on the name. I don't like that they're renaming her either, but still, it's a perfectly fine name, as names go.

Plus you KNOW if they kept her name the same the TWoP peeps would be speculating that Asha and Osha were sisters.

Now people won't be speculating that Asha and Osha are sisters, but they might start speculating that Yara and Arya are sisters... what a mess that would be.

Don't really care much either way about the new name, but it's funny, Yara is a Norwegian company that makes artificial fertilizer. They took their name from "jardar", old norse for "a good harvest/good year for crops".

We do not sow, indeed...

... AND their company logo is a viking longship. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yara_International

What a queer conincidence. I always fancied picturing the ironlord's vessels as viking longships, given their history of coastal raiding and all.

This is not to say I approve of the name change. I hope the rumour turns out to be false!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived