Asha Greyjoy cast

How so?

Just her description in the book, hawk-nose etc. Summer Glau or Felicity Jones fits that

description much better.

Besides, Theon doesn't look as dark as in the books. So she would not look like someone who could be his sister.

I have always thought about Stellan Skarsgård as Balon Greyjoy...loved him in King Arthur...but yeah, not really close

on description there either.

Just her description in the book, hawk-nose etc. Summer Glau or Felicity Jones fits that

description much better.

Besides, Theon doesn't look as dark as in the books. So she would not look like someone who could be his sister.

I have always thought about Stellan Skarsgård as Balon Greyjoy...loved him in King Arthur...but yeah, not really close

on description there either.

Have you looked at Gina Carano?? She has the same coloring as both those actresses, but a much more sturdy build, and a sharper nose as well.

Have you looked at Gina Carano?? She has the same coloring as both those actresses, but a much more sturdy build, and a sharper nose as well.

I can't remember Asha being described as "sturdy" though.

And would you ever believe Gina Carano was Theons sister when they look so different?

I would describe her nose more as "plump".

I can't remember Asha being described as "sturdy" though.

And would you ever believe Gina Carano was Theons sister when they look so different?

I would describe her nose more as "plump".

I think you can make certain assumptions when she goes head-to-head with multiple male Viking/Norse types. And c'mon, as long as they have kraken symbols on, and the same coloring, they are going to look like family (see Lannisters and lions).

However, I won't make any claims towards her current acting skills until I see Haywire in full.

If they change Asha's name to Ashara, it could make another confusion - Ashara Dayne was the sister of Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. I don't know if she was mentioned in the series though, so maybe it won't matter the producers, only the fans who read the books.

I will be honest and say that changing the name is pretty unnecessary. To play devil's advocate here, with all due respect, how can somebody say a name sounds like it is an Iron Islands name? Asha doesn't sound like any of the other names of the Iron Islands characters either, so how can we say that it is more Iron Island-ish than Yara? Yara actually means 'water lady' so that would have much more relevance to her location. I think the choice of name, with respect to name meaning, was a good one.

But, with that said, I agree in one of the earlier posts saying how can we change a name because it sounds similar to another name when there are characters that have the same exact name? Characters of high importance too not even a situation where it is a minor character like Osha vs a major one like Asha. With all the Roberts, Robbs, Robins, Robetts, how ever will we manage to watch the show and not be confused? lol, the confusion!

Eve Myles but probably too busy with Torchwood.

Torchwood is not a recurring series in the traditional manner though. Essentially every 1-2 years Russell T. Davies comes up with an idea and they make a new series, but it's very informal and flexible. There is currently no new Torchwood series on the cards, so I assume Eve Myles is available, and if Torchwood comes up again they can make arrangements then (recalling that Asha Yar will not be a recurring-every-episode-character even if they make Books 4-5 as very faithful to the books).

I don't know anything about this actress, but what I am reading makes it seem a good choice. Asha Greyjoy (by any other name) needs to be able to deliver comedic lines and this young woman does stand-up. I think it will be fine.

I will never call Asha anything else but Asha. Yara sound like some kind of dog. And I'm not going along with that 'Robin'-nonsense as well. That's just stupid.

I agree. If you get King Robert Baratheon and little Lord Robert Arryn of the Vale confused, you're dumb. Robin is bullshit. As is Yara. Yara? It just sounds like a kiddy name for shit like 'kaka' or 'poopie.' She is Asha to me and always will be. Yara also sounds more like Arya than Asha does Osha. As long as you say it O-sha, not ah-sha.

Archived