Tyrion as a Targaryen

Iotun

How many times are you going to trout out this crap? Seems like 5th or 6th time you posted the same thread.

Crap? Do you have the courage to elaborate on that?

Just because my theory isn't the subjective nonsense you love arguing about in circles, doesn't mean it's "crap".

Just because my theory isn't the subjective nonsense you love arguing about in circles, doesn't mean it's "crap".

It kinda strikes me as crackpot, as a stringing together of random and unconnected sentences that use the same words. Tyrion is described in gargoyle terms because he's a really ugly dwarf. The rest of the Davos and Cressen references are crackpot. In my humble opinion.

I'll elaborate, what do you know about Gargoyles? Did you know one of the main legends surrounding the Gargoyle.

"A French legend that sprang up around the name of St. Romanus ("Romain") (AD 631641), the former chancellor of the Merovingian king Clotaire II who was made bishop of Rouen, relates how he delivered the country around Rouen from a monster called Gargouille or Goji. La Gargouille is said to have been the typical dragon with batlike wings, a long neck, and the ability to breathe fire from its mouth."

They are also used to divert water which really works well with my theory on Water in the books. They are wards against evil, and associated with water. Personally I love Gothic Gargoyles, I think they are amazing works. I just don't understand how Gargoyle imagery or symbolism really changes Tyrion' bloodlines. Considering that the most famous legend of the Gargoyle is about a dragon it would seem you should of looked up some Gargoyle mythology.

Unless of course you meant this.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ygrEVnrg3Ic

I don't really know what to tell you if this is what your following, it was a good cartoon, I am not sure how relevant it is, grrrrrr Gargoyles. I thought most of your theory was pretty good, it just doesn't really disprove anything. You know major Gargoyle legend being about a dragon, breathing fire and everything. Good work sort of I guess, but this is not a thread meant for you to promote your own theory over and over.

They are also used to divert water which really works well with my theory on Water in the books. They are wards against evil, and associated with water. Personally I love Gothic Gargoyles, I think they are amazing works. I just don't understand how Gargoyle imagery or symbolism really changes Tyrion' bloodlines. Considering that the most famous legend of the Gargoyle is about a dragon it would seem you should of looked up some Gargoyle mythology.

Used to divert water:

Tyrion was given charge of all the drains and cisterns within Casterly Rock. Perhaps he hoped I’d fall into one. But Tywin had been disappointed in that. The drains never drained half so well as when he had charge of them.

Wards against evil:

- Stannis sieges Dragonstone, and ends up taking it after the storm threw the down the gargoyle protectors

- Stannis sieges Kings Landing, and ends up failing to take it because of it's gargoyle protector (Tyrion)

“You’re a cunning man, Tyrion. We have need of men of your sort on the Wall.”

I don't know about Gargoyles? Have you even read my thread?

It kinda strikes me as crackpot, as a stringing together of random and unconnected sentences that use the same words. Tyrion is described in gargoyle terms because he's a really ugly dwarf. The rest of the Davos and Cressen references are crackpot. In my humble opinion.

These "unconnected sentences" all associate Tyrion as being a Gargoyle. ALL of them. If then, HOW could they possibly be unconnected?

The Davos reference is crackpot? It's a "waist-high" gargoyle (dwarf), with "obliterated features" (tyrion losing his nose), who he pats on the head and mutters "Luck". I can't make the connection more simple for you. I really can't.

"If stone tongues could speak..."

Tyrion swallowing liquid greyscale

Septon Barth's writings

None of that seems relevant to you?

It's fruitless word association.

:stillsick:

responding to a troll.

A troll? An amiable fellow like me?

You know, I met with the same kind of opposition in the Howland Reed = High Sparrow thread. Didn't stop me then, won't stop me now, and the result was a better thread and a stronger theory.

Sorry if my contributions challenge your idea of how things are, but resulting to name calling gives me the sense that something is giving :)

Can you take this discussion elsewhere? Not what this thread was for

This thread is to discuss Tyrion being a Targaryen.

My theory is that Tyrion, being a metaphorical wyvern gargoyle, makes him a dragon, and thereby a Targaryen.

This is the wrong place to discuss that idea?

Ty Ser. You put way more effort than needed in responding to a troll.

Also, was that the opening to the movie or t.v. show? Been sooooooooooooooooooooooooo long.

There was a movie?

There is also the legend of the Tarasque which is often associated with Gargoyles. A sort of Dragon lion hybrid, though personally I am not a fan of direct parallels from mythology but indirect. I know Martin likes them as a source but he mixes and matches, Gargoyle can mean many things, Baboon, throat, Chimera, is also a proper name for them. Though they are part Dragon as well. Dragons are very much associated with them along with Lions and bats, and little demons and all kinds of stuff. Really the stuff on the pole boat has some very interesting comparisons to the story of Gargouille, but all in all you find dragons within the mythology. Also did you know the Tarasque is sometimes considered very similar to beauty and the beast. I don't really disagree with some of his comparisons, just I fail to see how it disproves anything.

It's like ok here is this story of the Lion Dragon that proves Tyrion is not half Targ. Sort seems to support the theory. Though maybe he is the fabled Water Dragon mentioned in the books, he is about to meet the Iron Born right? Maybe we got Fire, Water and Ice dragons who really knows. Well at least a metaphor for them. I think he is actually human like the other characters, not actually a dragon or a Gargoyle. Sometimes people confuse the characters with the myths. Don't tell anyone but he isn't actually a Lion either. Shhhhhhhh our secret.

This thread is to discuss Tyrion being a Targaryen.

My theory is that Tyrion, being a metaphorical wyvern gargoyle, makes him a dragon, and thereby a Targaryen.

This is the wrong place to discuss that idea?

You have your own thread for your "theory" that I choose not to visit because I've read your "theories" before. Don't derail other threads with them. If I wanted to discuss your ideas I would come to the threads you have started.

You have your own thread for your "theory" that I choose not to visit because I've read your "theories" before. Don't derail other threads with them. If I wanted to discuss your ideas I would come to the threads you have started.

I'm providing evidence that he's a Dragon. You're telling me it doesn't belong? I'm not trying to derail the argument, I'm trying to support it for pro-Targaryen. I could have made a gigantic post in THIS thread, but I left it as a link.

Sometimes people confuse the characters with the myths. Don't tell anyone but he isn't actually a Lion either. Shhhhhhhh our secret.

Oh, whoops, you don't know what a metaphor is. My bad.

The machine marches on!

There was a movie?

There is also the legend of the Tarasque which is often associated with Gargoyles. A sort of Dragon lion hybrid, though personally I am not a fan of direct parallels from mythology but indirect. I know Martin likes them as a source but he mixes and matches, Gargoyle can mean many things, Baboon, throat, Chimera, is also a proper name for them. Though they are part Dragon as well. Dragons are very much associated with them along with Lions and bats, and little demons and all kinds of stuff. Really the stuff on the pole boat has some very interesting comparisons to the story of Gargouille, but all in all you find dragons within the mythology. Also did you know the Tarasque is sometimes considered very similar to beauty and the beast. I don't really disagree with some of his comparisons, just I fail to see how it disproves anything.

It's like ok here is this story of the Lion Dragon that proves Tyrion is not half Targ. Sort seems to support the theory. Though maybe he is the fabled Water Dragon mentioned in the books, he is about to meet the Iron Born right? Maybe we got Fire, Water and Ice dragons who really knows. Well at least a metaphor for them. I think he is actually human like the other characters, not actually a dragon or a Gargoyle. Sometimes people confuse the characters with the myths. Don't tell anyone but he isn't actually a Lion either. Shhhhhhhh our secret.

Sorry, there isn't one. I thought there was, but I was 6 when it came out. Easy to confuse lol

Archived