DC (Area) Folks: August 13th Meetup @ Nanny O'Brien's

My good friend moved to Maryland about half a year ago. I'm going to visit him the second week of August. My plan is to drive down on Friday, August 12th. He's informed me that DC is a 20 minute metro ride from him. I would be down to meet up for drinks, or whatever is happening, if people are interested.

Guest Raidne

Sure, we can assemble the troops. You are wanting to get together on August 12th or some other time? I don't think very many of us are going to WorldCon this year (although I surely will in Chicago next year) so we'll be around. Just throw up the date you're interested in right in the title.

Done. Whichever weekend day, works. I'll double check with my friend, and his girlfriend, see if any specific day is preferable. Other than that, it's up to you "natives".

I'm buffering my weekend with at least a day off on each end, so, there's no preference from me.

No new significant updates, other than I have been granted the requested days off, and that my friend's girlfriend will be home on Friday to let me in the apartment when I arrive.

Have not been able to get an answer as to which day would work better for them to get me into DC, or if it makes a difference to them at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm definitely in. I'm not local though, so I'm sure someone else should be handling these kinds of details.

ETA: I will not be in town that weekend, so I will not be able to come. Have fun though!

Guest Raidne

Any thoughts everyone else? Maybe Nanny's? 12th or the 13th? Or Capitol Hill? Will send text reminders. I thought I was going to be gone, but it looks like I'll be in town.

I'm about 90% sure I'll be in town and if I'm I'd say its 66-33 that I'll be free, so hopefully I'll be able to join.

Nanny's is definitely off my beaten path so that be cool, but I'd be down with whatever.

Whatever works best for Raidne, since she's the supreme organizer. I did just talk with my friends, and they have no preference, as I figured.

Edit: Their only concern was that the place(s) be metro accessible.

Guest Raidne

Okay, Friday's out for me also. Let's go with Saturday the 13th. Ins, can you change the thread title to say Aug 13 at Nanny O'Brien's?

And let's just go to Nanny's. It's been awhile. And yes, bring your friends. We have many unofficial BwB members.

Nanny's is right off the Cleveland Park metro station on the red line, which will be ridiculously easy for you and and your friends.

Archived