Finished AFFC Spoilers Aplenty

JD44Irish

I read books 1-4 in a month, and I feel that I have way too much information in my head. So many theories, character analysis. I can understand why some people were disapointed with this book. Imagine waiting 5 years to find out what happened with Tyrion, Jon and Bran, only to realize that you get to wait 6 more. Since for me it is only a matter of a couple of weeks (I am taking a break from reading to clear my mind and I am hoping to get ADWD for my birthday), I really appreciated this book giving us background stories on some of the major characters. Now I can understand why Cercei is the way she is: Imagine being told that you will marry the wonderful prince Rhaegar only to end up with the drunken Robert.

Besides the obvious cliffhangers that are already discussed here, the book left me with the following questions:

1) What will happen to Loras Tyrell?

I think and hope that he will survive and cause much trouble. I don't think he ever slept with Marghuery. Those were Cercei's dillusions because brother/sister relations are so normal to her. He was close to M to protect her because the Tyrells are not stupid and know what the Lannisters can do. His only love was Renly and that's it.

2) Arienne was promised to Viserys???

What did I miss here? I've been wondering who she was promised to ever since her father told her he was dead. But it seems everyone here thinks its Viserys? I guess I have to reread the chapter.

3) What is Gendry's purpose?

I was really disappointed with his brief appearance. When Yoren took him and Arya from King's Landing, I hoped for a great adventure for the 2 of them. Well Arya is getting it. Gendry seems to be stuck in the same place since he chose to stay with Beric. Now I was hoping that he would follow Brienne and search for the Stark sisters but I am guessing that this won't happen.

4) Jon Snow

As my favorite character, I love reading about him. But the Jon of this book seems so much more different than the Jon in the last 3 books. He seems to be so tough and even rude? Maybe it was because it all came from Sams POV but, their conversations had no more than a couple of short sentences. I really hope that he is the same cool person in ADWD as I remember him.

Out of the new characters that were introduced, I look forward to read more about Darkstar and the novices in the Citadel.

I don't care about the damned Greyjoys or Krakenasses as someone called them. I hope their fleet sinks before they reach Slaver's bay, unfortunatelly I think that they will be the ones to bring Dany's army to Westeros...

A death that I am rooting for as soon as possible: the brat in the veil! I hate that kid so much!

Archived