Sansa

Slychd

Sansa at the end of ASOS with Littlefinger...she's gonna be brilliant.

i agree with you. sansa may seem like a pawn but she is picking up how the game of thrones is played. it seems shes being developed to a great role on how to play the game of thrones.

I agree that Sansa will in some way play a part in restoring her family's position. Arya's temperament is not good for playing this game, but Sansa is developing into a possibly good player. I still don't like her seeming difficulty of accepting ugly/disabled people but the fact that she is always surrounded by them is I think a central theme to her character. I want to believe she'll overcome this in the end, not necessarily to love Tyrion but just seeing people for who they are beyond their physical attributes (as with Joffrey). Being a better judge of persons will help her a lot in playing this game.

I didn't care for her..I was highly upset when she didn't defend arya...re: Joff/Nymeria. but as I read SoS..I started to hope for better outcomes for her..I must confess I do like the Hound..and i hope somehow they reunite..even if it is to be Sansa's protector...as for Littlefinger when I read the last chapter of SOS...my jaw DROPPPPPPED..Poor Sansa..she and arya just cant catch a break

I agree, at first I did not like Sansa. In GOT. But by the end of this book I'm really rooting for her. You see how she tries to be the perfect lady, and everyone around her uses that against her. She has her head in the wrong place all the time so it's no wonder lady's got cut off, but she really doesn't deserve all the cruelty directed at her since she is just trying to be good. I think she has to learn to use her strengths better if she is going to survive.

I agree, at first I did not like Sansa. In GOT. But by the end of this book I'm really rooting for her. You see how she tries to be the perfect lady, and everyone around her uses that against her. She has her head in the wrong place all the time so it's no wonder lady's got cut off, but she really doesn't deserve all the cruelty directed at her since she is just trying to be good. I think she has to learn to use her strengths better if she is going to survive.

Oh I think she is a survivor. She just doesn't know it yet.

This is known. Hard to believe so many readers believe this. Nothing Sansa said to Cersei led to Ned's death. Ned sealed his own death before this even occured.

Perhaps it's just nitpicking, but every time I read this I fell the need to remember that Sansa running to Cersei did not have any effect on Ned's death. Anything that Sansa might have told Cersei, she already knew because Ned himself had already told her that night at the godswood.

Sansa was not the primary cause, but she did have an effect. While Ned may not have been saved there were many others in the household that might have survived. Ned sealed his own fate when he honorably but foolishly told Cersei his plans, but Sansa told Cersei when to act. Ned was trying to get his household out of Kings Landing before he broke the news. Sansa told Cersei Ned was getting everyone ready to leave so Cersei knew exactly when to act.

An aside from the main topic of the thread, but I loved the fact that Ned's arrest and death were caused by a multitude of factors. Cat arresting Tyrion blew up the fragile peace, and coincidentally sent Robert on the ill fated hunt as he was trying to avoid the fall out. Cat told Ned to trust Littlefinger, which we all know ended poorly. Sansa acted as an unwitting informant to Cersei telling her about Ned's plans to quietly leave the city. Ned's honor got in the way of his sense when he told Cersei his plans and failed to tell Robert the truth. Finally Ned's death might not have happened if Joffrey wasn't a twisted little sociopath. Change any one of these things and events might have gone differently.

Apologies if the quoting is messed up I'm still getting used to the forum.

Sansa is actually one of my favorite characters. She was annoying in Game of Thrones, I think her naive point of view added to the story. In the later books I really enjoyed seeing things from her point of view and watching her try to figure out the real world as opposed to her idealized notions.

• 5 months later...

Indeed, in GoT I didn't really care for Sansa one way or the other. But her story got more interesting and in aSoS I thought she really developed into a strong character, and I was a bit sad she didn't have any chapters in aDwD. I can't wait for her story to continue...

Littlefinger is one creepy dude though!

• 1 month later...

I believe Sansa will turn out to be a strong, dominant character in the game. She's had to grow up a lot and she has Stark blood in her. I see some similarities to Dany in her. They've both been pawns in other people's plans for the game. I think she'll get fed up, put her big girl panties on and come out fighting!

I think Sansa is the kind of character that can survive in Westeros, and probably one of the few Starks who might make it out of the series. It seems the Starks have a kind of integrity that goes at cross purposes with being kept alive, whereas Sansa is kind (though she can be petty and selfish) and wants to love others. Because of this, and because she is pretty, she gets spared. She is not very clever (though she is by no means stupid), and she is not strong in the same way as Arya, but I have a feeling she's the one Stark that's likely to make it, because in fact she has done ALL that has been required of her. It makes her appear weak, so people will often spare her -- see Joff and The Hound, and even others (not going to say who).

This, of course, appears less heroic than what her siblings have done. Yet, if we look at what Cercei does to win HER favours, we should be very glad of how Sansa handles herself. She hasn't slept with half the court. Yet, anyway.

I hated Sansa in GoT. In ACOK I started to like her very much. She had a very nice character development. Now, I haven't reached yet the chapter of Sansa's wedding to Tyrion but I'll say this. This marriage is the best thing that can happen to her. Tyrion can keep her SAFE. Tyrion can LOVE her and treat her nice even if he's a dwarf and ugly, the way she is seeing him. And I'm not talking about what is happen to them NOW but what can happen to them in the end. In the last two books. I cannot read GRRM's mind but I think this what he wants to do with these two characters.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived