[AdwD Spoilers] "Septa" Lemore

Here is a bonkers theory. Lemore is Lyanna.

Physically, Lemore sounds like she could be an older Lyanna: educated, dark-haired, attractive but not a raving beauty. One obvious argument against, however, is that Lyanna probably was educated in the Old Faith rather than the Faith of the Seven, so being in charge of Young Griff/Aegon's religious education would seem to be an odd assignment. On the other hand, who else?

Except the fact that she's DEAD and that NED CRADLED HER DYING BODY. Sheesh, enough with the Lyanna idiocy already. Lyanna is dead, dead, dead.

Barristan's recollection od Ashara gives her the same personality as Tyrion observes of Lemore on the boat..

...A woman who "laughs" is a personality? Really? Barristan fondly recalls vague laughter, so any woman who laughs = that same woman? -_-

...A woman who "laughs" is a personality? Really? Barristan fondly recalls vague laughter, so any woman who laughs = that same woman? -_-

Yes, that's how things work on these boards; you've certainly been around here long enough to realize that, right?

So 3 candidates for Septa Lemore are:

- Lyanna [problem: both Ned and Robert saw her dead body... and her bones are buried under Winterfell]

- Ashara Dayne [problem: Septa do not fit Ashara description. "more handsome then beauty" is definitely not "one of the most beautiful women"]

- Elia [Problem - Her dead body was given to Robert...]

Global problem:

ALL these ladies are too young to be Lemore.

Conclusion:

Facts are against all 3 theories, if one of them is truth, then informations we have are fake or misinterpreted.

Possibility 1:

It's different women, not identified yet.

Possibility 2:

It's completely new character, not mentioned in series yet.

So 3 candidates for Septa Lemore are:

- Lyanna [problem: both Ned and Robert saw her dead body... and her bones are buried under Winterfell]

- Ashara Dayne [problem: Septa do not fit Ashara description. "more handsome then beauty" is definitely not "one of the most beautiful women"]

- Elia [Problem - Her dead body was given to Robert...]

Global problem:

ALL these ladies are too young to be Lemore.

Conclusion:

Facts are against all 3 theories, if one of them is truth, then informations we have are fake or misinterpreted.

Possibility 1:

It's different women, not identified yet.

Possibility 2:

It's completely new character, not mentioned in series yet.

I thought she was the mother of one of the Sand Snakes or Ashara Dayne? Why is that not on the list.

And why would Ashara Dayne be ruled out. It has been a few years - she could have changed over the years. Do you think beautiful women stay that way? Then I'd like to introduce you to Lysa Arron or Cat Stark. They were considered to be pretty at one time. Theon was once considered to be hansome - not now. This is not a good world. Even in the real world, 5 or 10 years can make a world of difference.

It would be nice if it were true. Of corse all the cosmetic companies will tell you that they can do it - BUT THEY LIE!!!!

There is no mention of her having been pregnant when Tywin kicked her out...not this far in the books anyway.

I was trying to connect her to Lemore, to see if there was a chance that they could be one in the same and since Lemore has stretch marks I thought it would be intersting if there was another Lannister, even if a bastard.

I do like your idea of Lemore being a Littlefinger spy, if she was a prostitute turned septa (or not a septa at all)that could explain why she is so comfortable with casual nudity, (I don't think that was just fan service, and when all the other septas are old women, she seems to be unusual.) Also. if she has had a child, LF may have offered to help educate and support the child, or harm it if she didn't perform adequately.

Barristan's recollection of Ashara gives her the same personality as Tyrion observes of Lemore on the boat..

You just took this line out of context of the entire quote. Read the entire quote again...and my comment. It's Lemore's entire personality, not just laughing. " The smile, teasing and playfullness of Lemore with Tyrion/Hugor."

But you do bring up a good point. How many woman in the entire series of ASOIAF actually laugh. I can't really remember any - maybe Darcy Mormont at the Red Wedding while there was dancing before the slaughter?

I can't remember Arya laughing; nor Cat; nor Lysa; nor Brienne; nor Lady Hornwood; Dany? Jeyne Heddle; Cersei; Lollys, etc . Women laughing in Westeros seems to be rare. But there must be some. Ashara for one!

Archived