[ADWD SPOILERS] Reek 1

Xray the Enforcer

I must say - I hated all theons chapters previously. Not anymore. Lol. Never thought I'd feel sympathy for him -- yet I do, and I like it! :-)

I never thought of Theon as evil or narcissistic, just very lost in the attempt to prove himself. No one deserves what he is getting. R.Snow is a monster!

That's for invading Winterfell, Theon! Truthfully, though....no one deserves that. Poor thing, he is so broken...was a pretty disturbing (and good) chapters. I hope Ramsey has a slow and painful death!

If this is the comeuppance that Theon gets for messing with the Starks, then I can only imagine what cosmic punishment the Freys will get for the Red Wedding.

Theon was never bad. He just craved approval from a father figure. He never got it from Ned and he never got it from Balon. He did some stupid things, and killing those kids to fake bran and Rickon's deaths was evil (but Ramsay Bolton (nee Snow) was the instigator there anyway).

he was a dick, he was up himself, he wasn't likeable, but he wasn't a bad person. Walder Frey deserves finger flaying, not Theon.

But, Theon will get his own back along with a bit of redemption, when he reveals the false Arya when Ramsey is most vulnerable, and indeed possibly when Sansa gets back to the North. I can actually see Theon deciding that his own blood rejected him in far mor harsh a way than the Starks ever did and he will help evict the Ironborn from the North. Actually if Jeyne Poole is loyal to the starks she will collude with Theon against Bolton. Theon might end up dead, but he will make peace with the Starks in doing so. At least that's the romanitc/Hollywood way for his story to end.

Actually I pretty much care naught for anyone on the Iron Islands. Theon is the Greyjoy I disliked the least.

I'd love it. I hope you are right. But we haven't heard of this plan failing in AFfC. Theon is reek. He's broken and mad. Jeyne Pool probably is as well, beside she's never been a clever one, let alone brave. She might have been even envious growing up beside Lady Sansa, knowing she'll never marry a highborn.

On the other hand, Ramsey is a somewhat ugly and certainly cruel and dislikeble fellow. I guess there's hope.

so arnolf karstark, the only man of honour in the north according to stannis, is at the dreadfort plotting with the boltons. he is the twisted man with the silver starburst right?

That makes a lot of sense, and answers half of my earlier question. I'm not moving on to the next chapter until I figure out or am told who the other Northern lord is - the one in the jerkin made of bear.

That makes a lot of sense, and answers half of my earlier question. I'm not moving on to the next chapter until I figure out or am told who the other Northern lord is - the one in the jerkin made of bear.

Isn't that "Whorebane" Umber, one of the Greatjon's uncles?

so arnolf karstark, the only man of honour in the north according to stannis, is at the dreadfort plotting with the boltons. he is the twisted man with the silver starburst right?

I thought this at first too, then I realized that the Karstark sigil is actually a SUNburst, not a starburst, I think the starburst is just ornamental. It doesn't make sense that the Karstarks would be working with the Bolotns anyway (unless the Lannisters threatened to kill Harrion otherwise) seeing how the Boltons are now the Lannisters' men. If Arnolf is anything like Rickard Karstark, he's not going to forget Jaime killing the two older ones and the capture of Harrion.

I believe these two men are the Greatjon's uncles, Hors Crowfood and Hothor Whoresbane. We met them in ACOK and I think the description matches. However, IIRC, Hors Crowfood was missing an eye but Reek doesn't note anything about one of them missing an eye in this chapter so idk.

I'm wondering who Ramsay needs to go to war with to get "Arya" back? Did Stannis intercept her or something? Jon mentioned that he saw Stannis sending two riders out a few chapters back. That would have interesting implications when Jon comes into the picture?

Or maybe it was the ironborn, which would obviously have interesting implications for Theon himself. Actually I'm going to with this theory, that's probably why Reek has use for him.

I thought this at first too, then I realized that the Karstark sigil is actually a SUNburst, not a starburst, I think the starburst is just ornamental.

Ah yes, a sunburst. That makes more sense now. I couldn't understand why Arnolf would ally himself with the Boltons when Stannis had offered him a much bigger prize. Makes much more sense for these two to be the Greatjon's uncles.

The war Ramsay refers to is probably against the Ironborn to regain control of the western half of the North, and of Moat Cailin.

Archived