[ADWD SPOILERS] Bran 2

Xray the Enforcer

She couldn't help herself?

That was an epic introduction.

It was. It was the first thing in the book that made me want to stand up and cheer for sheer awesomeness and I didn't even realize who the TEC was, due to me being stupid, but the description was just so perfect anyway :)

I've never read Dunk&Egg, so I'm not that familiar with Bloodraven, but holy dear God this chapter just wowed me in so many ways. I was sure that Hodor and Meera were going to die, and when Bran was all "I wonder what she'll think if I tell her I love her" I totally smiled up a storm.

Going to bed now, I suppose, after having finished this...kind of exciting, though! Too bad I have to work tomorrow. :rolleyes: Maybe get up early and read another chapter or two before work. (We don't really have a well-defined lunch hour, so it's hard to read at lunch time or anything.)

The Dunk and Egg stories are well worth reading, especially since they're pretty short. Brynden Rivers is one formidable dude.

That's what I've heard! I just haven't had time to root them out to read. I have read summaries, however, since I didn't want to be a stranger to the lore in them, so I knew of Bloodraven, even though I didn't know enough to make the connection until I read here (and on Tower of the Hand) that this was indeed him.

That's what I've heard! I just haven't had time to root them out to read. I have read summaries, however, since I didn't want to be a stranger to the lore in them, so I knew of Bloodraven, even though I didn't know enough to make the connection until I read here (and on Tower of the Hand) that this was indeed him.

Yes, this chapter ties in nicely with the prologue from Sixskins. What about Bran flying? Will he warg into a bird or a dragon?

Can't wait. I wish there were going to be more of Bran in this book. He's become my favorite character, perhaps because the fantasy element is so strong in his chapters.

I was sure that Hodor and Meera were going to die, and when Bran was all "I wonder what she'll think if I tell her I love her" I totally smiled up a storm.

I assume the thought process of Bran was that HE'S in love with Meera, but my initial thought was that he was thinking through Hodior's mind, suggesting that Hodor was in love with her. For some reason, I found that even sweeter.

Sniff. I love Hodor. If Martin kills him I may never forgive him!

I think that this might be my favourite chapter in the book so far; which is funny because it has everything about fantasy that I hate! I got a bit of a sense of Frodo running up the slopes of Mount Doom about it though!

Maybe Bran flying won't be warging at all but actually riding a dragon?

This was my first thought as well. Especially since over the first 4 books, we've been given so many details about his riding both pre- and post-fall. Not sure if I like it though. I kinda want Bran to just become the one with wisdom rather than an 'action' player.

It was the first thing in the book that made me want to stand up and cheer for sheer awesomeness

Yes! I got to that bit last night and had a quiet 'holy shit!' moment.

Conveniently enough, I just happened to reread "The Sworn Sword" last week.

Archived