[ADWD SPOILERS] Bran 2

Xray the Enforcer

I agree that the "I wonder what she'll think if I tell her I love her" was more Hodor then Bran.

As for Bran flying won't be warging at all but actually riding a dragon I can see this becoming more of a possibility. In the last Daenerys chapter before this we learn that Drogon has fled and is missing after several attempts to cage him. How long does it take a dragon to fly from Meereen to beyond the Wall??

My only issue is that for such a long and hard journy the 3EC seems useless. Does he know from forgotten warg method to take a dragon? Warg'ing into a bird has been done before (Orell for start, then 6skin after). Sixskin even boasts at his Warg'ing skill in the prologue, yet died trying to warg into his spearwife, as a contrast Bran seems to warg into Hodor with ease. Bran is clearly a gifted Warg, who probally has little need for the 3EC's training. Sure he may have discoverd the secrets to amazing power, but at what cost? "Yeah, I can save the realm from the coming darkness, but I'm going to need a transplant, some mericle grow and that fancy soil with the white balls. What? You think heros grow on trees?.. oh wait"

As a side note: havn't read the Dunk&Egg so I'm ignorent of that lore :(

Maybe Bran flying won't be warging at all but actually riding a dragon?

Well, both it seemed clear to me? Hence Tyrion's dragon dreams (not wolf-dreams, as he's no Stark but maybe Targ). Those dragons seem to be a bit wild to be tamed and used like horses.

If that's true, Tyrion's knowledge won't be of much use afterall since he only read what septons and maesters wrote of dragons, both despising warging and magic-related things.

Maybe Minor spoiler of a later Tyrion chapter, don't remember:

Except those who wrote the books Tyrions wants to find in Volantis. The one this magic-interested Septon wrote.

:agree:

it looks like it, at least for me

----------------------------------

BTW, my first post ever! :blushing:

:cheers: And you are the first I can welcome to the board, though maybe I should leave the honor to someone more a veteran of this side ;). Anyhow, good you are here!

Um.. Wtf just happened? I read mystery knight yesterday and this makes no sense to me. Bloodraven seemed like a brusque and pretty determined but otherwise normal dude. What the fuck does he suddenly have to do with this storyline, with the CotF, with ANYTHING? This just seems so completely out of the blue, like grrm pulled it out of his ass to make it unguessable. Also, the surprise wight attack seemed completely random like there had to be some final dramatic challenge before the climax - so the wights just decided to lie in wait right there?

Maybe im missing something that glues it all together but this chapter made no sense to me. Huge disappointment.

Bran warging into a Dragon would certainly solve Dany's problem of them becoming too wild and eating children. No idea how their two stories would come together for that to happen though. Maybe The Warlock Mooreflo is right about Drogon flying over. Bran could catch a lift... Seems a bit unlikely though. Looking forward to the next Bran chapter to see what happens!

Um.. Wtf just happened? I read mystery knight yesterday and this makes no sense to me. Bloodraven seemed like a brusque and pretty determined but otherwise normal dude. What the fuck does he suddenly have to do with this storyline, with the CotF, with ANYTHING? This just seems so completely out of the blue, like grrm pulled it out of his ass to make it unguessable. Also, the surprise wight attack seemed completely random like there had to be some final dramatic challenge before the climax - so the wights just decided to lie in wait right there?

Maybe im missing something that glues it all together but this chapter made no sense to me. Huge disappointment.

Given that Bloodraven was a favoured identity for 3EC before this book came out, I think its fair to say that there were enough clues previously that GRRM certainly didn't just pull it out of his ass. Even if nearly all of the clues were from, or made clear by, the Dunk and Egg books.

And the wight attacks clearly shows that the wights and/or others know about the 3EC and/or CotF, and are in opposition to them (some people suspected that they could be working together), but that the 3EC and/or CotF have power to hold back the wights.

F***YEAH BLOODRAVEN!

That was completely awesome!

Damn it, Jon and Bran chapters are kicking ass in this book!

For those who haven't read Dunk & Egg stories yet, go do it now!

Specially now that Bloodraven's in both! (Well I guess you're excused to finish ADwD first :P)

What do you think? About right? I'm trying to figure out the look for a painting this chapter inspired.

That looks amazing! Very close to how I had pictured her.

Congratulations! Looking forward for the painting :)

I assume the thought process of Bran was that HE'S in love with Meera, but my initial thought was that he was thinking through Hodior's mind, suggesting that Hodor was in love with her. For some reason, I found that even sweeter.

Sniff. I love Hodor. If Martin kills him I may never forgive him!

That was my understanding too.

From the prologue we learned that warging may have side-effects, as Varamyr starting to hate Jon after warging into Orell's eagle.

If Bran's feelings infect Hodor this could come into a love triangle that could become a Venezuelan soap-opera spin-off!

Um.. Wtf just happened? I read mystery knight yesterday and this makes no sense to me. Bloodraven seemed like a brusque and pretty determined but otherwise normal dude. What the fuck does he suddenly have to do with this storyline, with the CotF, with ANYTHING?

Isn't there a saying about Bloodraven having 1000 eyes and one? The assumption makes sense, as he's one-eyed and has 1000 eyes, some of them had been looking at Bran as he says...

This just seems so completely out of the blue, like grrm pulled it out of his ass to make it unguessable. Also, the surprise wight attack seemed completely random like there had to be some final dramatic challenge before the climax - so the wights just decided to lie in wait right there?

Exactly. Why assume the Others are not capable of strategy? And don't know where their true powerfull enemies dwell? Enemies powerfull enough to protect the cave itself but not the entrance (weirwood roots?). Remember to differentiate between wights and Others.

I loved that chapter best so far. Awesome!

I have yet to read the D&E novellas and thus didn't recognise Bloodraven either. I have just looked up everything about him on the Wiki, but I don't see the connection yet. How, apart from the clues of him being at the Wall and a reputed sorcerer, did people come up with the theory of him being the 3EC in 2007? How is he linked to greenseeing and the Children?

Anyway, I loved this chapter!

Ok, let me slightly revise this statement then: This was a huge letdown for someone who's read TMK but can't remember the other D&E short stories or experienced anything else where Bloodraven may have appeared. I was advised to read TMK specifically before reading ADWD, but I wish now I hadn't done it because not being able to identify Bloodraven in ADWD would at least have made him more mysterious, not unlike the kindly old man in AFFC. By reading TMK and ADWD back-to-back, I now have to make the connection between some dude who seems rather ordinary and shows up in the end of TMK to deal out sentences and a talking treeroot corpse stuck somewhere in the frozen lands far to the north. There's nothing for in in TMK alone to even remotely connect those two.

Oh well, guess this was a surprise dedicated to the hardcore D&E fans. I wish I'd been recommended to read the D&E stories where Bloodraven is actually established as a potential future undead clairvoyant, whichever one that may have been, because it obviously wasn't TMK.

In lieu of that, can someone give me some quick rundown on how Bloodraven is connected to this storyline then?

In TSS and TMK, we get told that there are widespread rumours that Bloodraven is a sorceror, and also the "thousand eyes, and one" line. In FFC, Aemon tells us that Bloodraven came to the Wall on the same ship he did, and was later elected Lord Commander.

In THK I though that bloodraven was the knight plumm and then changed his face like a FM??? or is that just me

Ok, let me slightly revise this statement then: This was a huge letdown for someone who's read TMK but can't remember the other D&E short stories or experienced anything else where Bloodraven may have appeared. I was advised to read TMK specifically before reading ADWD, but I wish now I hadn't done it because not being able to identify Bloodraven in ADWD would at least have made him more mysterious, not unlike the kindly old man in AFFC. By reading TMK and ADWD back-to-back, I now have to make the connection between some dude who seems rather ordinary and shows up in the end of TMK to deal out sentences and a talking treeroot corpse stuck somewhere in the frozen lands far to the north. There's nothing for in in TMK alone to even remotely connect those two.

Oh well, guess this was a surprise dedicated to the hardcore D&E fans. I wish I'd been recommended to read the D&E stories where Bloodraven is actually established as a potential future undead clairvoyant, whichever one that may have been, because it obviously wasn't TMK.

In lieu of that, can someone give me some quick rundown on how Bloodraven is connected to this storyline then?

In TMK I though that bloodraven was the knight plumm and then changed his face like a FM??? or is that just me

That's one theory that I'm increasingly ready to believe now.

That, or that Bloodraven could actually magically see through the eyes of his agents, as he uses the ravens in ADWD.

Fuck yeah Bloodraven!

Archived