[ADWD SPOILERS] Bran 2

Xray the Enforcer

I've just read this chapter and it is amazing, my favourite of this book so far (which beforehand was the chapter right before it, Reek I.) I really thought at least one of Hodor/Meera/Jojen were gonna die. And I really hope that this isn't the last we see of Coldhands.

i'm completely crazy, since i have no idea what you guys are talking about. Bloodraven? Have I forgotten a character that's so important?

I'm pretty sure he's the three eyed crow? Just not sure how I was supposed to know that without reading the previous posts.

• 1 month later...

I read the chapter and it for sure is amazingly interesting. It`s definetely 1 of my favourite of the series thus far. What I liked: pretty much everything except the fact that I didn`t bloody know who that Bloodraven is. I mean, he`s awesome and I like him, but I haven`t read other books/stories from GRRM and when I looked up at this thread I realized I didn`t get some details that are important. So, thx guys, u were very helpful & supportive in that way. In addition, I was surprised as well, to encounter so much magic in the chapter. I`m a big fan of it. Maybe I`m not so keen on reading high magic often, but I have great experience with it and it can be cool and perfect or absolutely bad. In this case, the idea seems nice and reasonable rather than non-sonsesical. The focus of ASoIaF should stay on the political intrigue/drama/wars/power struggle + the normal quantity of fantasy elements. Having in mind that the Bran POVs aren`t much, the fantastical stuff is limited. So it can`t hurt the series, the whole content. The white walkers, the dragons & the Bran`s chapters provide us with magic.

I was very excited when Bran & the others met the child of the forest. They are amuzing and old. Right now I don1t have any guesses on how this creature is going to help Bran but we`ll see. As far as the 3EC is concerned, he is epic-the onlysuitable word to describe him :drool: . I was looking forward to the moment when Bran was going to see him personally and it finally happened! 5 books build-up! Can`t wait to understand what`s gonna be his part...

Coldhands stays a mystery for me-I was almost 100 % certain that he was Benjen, but it seems pretty damn obvious. But he must be sb that will make some sort of impact, cause there have been so many speculations surrounding him.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm new to this series (on my first read) and don't know about these other books you are referring to like Dunk and Egg? What I'm really trying to make sense of, are there 3 types of undead? We have the wights and others, the red priest undead like Stoneheart and Ser Beric, and now Coldhands who doesn't appear to be like the other two and has black hands. Will this be a war of the undead? So far Coldhands is the only good undead I've seen (with the possible exception of Ser Beric). I don't care for the followers of R'hllor desire to burn non-believers either.

• 1 month later...

Archived