[ADWD SPOILERS] Reek 2

Xray the Enforcer

He deserves everything he is getting and more but I do feel bad for Reek.

But think about it. He is the reason Winterfell fell and the Starks are gone. And he killed 2 little boys and is responsible for the deaths of all those who were still in Winterfell. He's a jerk for sure.

But I still feel bad for him. :bang:

He deserves everything he is getting and more but I do feel bad for Reek.

But think about it. He is the reason Winterfell fell and the Starks are gone. And he killed 2 little boys and is responsible for the deaths of all those who were still in Winterfell. He's a jerk for sure.

But I still feel bad for him. :bang:

Actually Ramsay took over and Razed Winterfell to the ground. Theon was probably going over to the Wall. I thought he was responsible too, but then I reread the ACOK and realized that Ramsay was responsible for it. I mean Theon's no said but he isn't to blame for Winterfell falling.

A couple things; Did the Bolton's and Freys declare for themselves in the north, or are they in support of Tommen as King? Also, how did Jeyne Poole end up as a fake Arya? Its been a while since I read ASOS/AFFC.

they support Tommen, oh and it's never stated in either ASOS or AFFC, but the fake arya matches the description given in ASOS.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to mention of top of all that he makes Theon be treated like a dog. I didn't think this was possible but Ramsay might actually be more sick and twisted than Joffrey.

I think maybe Ramsay's just got fewer people watching over his actions telling what to do, and more time to refine his methods. Joff was still taking his Gen-Ed classes in sick-fuckedness. Ramsay has his master's degree

• 2 weeks later...

These last two chapters have made me thoroughly hopeful for a massive Frey-Bolton roast hosted by Drogon! Those are some messed up folks! And, as much as Theon has been tortured and totally screwed over, I still can't summon up much sympathy, after all the crap he pulled. He was a jerk and these are the consequences.

Wow, so Jeyne Poole is the fake Arya. Did we know that before? Because I'm sure I didn't... I did wonder vaguely what happened to her after she was separated from Sansa waaayy back in CoK, but quickly dismissed her from my mind. Maybe that was a bad call?

I need to take a moment to commend GRRM's characterisation though. Others have said it, but I will add my voice. I can't believe he can make me sympathise and pity Theon Turncloak, but I constantly find myself not only feeling hugely sorry for him, but cheering quietly as he is turning back into Theon, away fronm Reek. Like the passage when he scorns the ironmen thinking "These were not the kin of famous captains nor the blood of the great Houses of the Iron Islands. These were the sons of thralls and salt wives"

After reading that, I thought That is such a Theon thing to think! The annoying prick is still there! YAY!

Kudos GRRM. Now, ONWARDS to The Wall...

Reek's chapters are breaking my heart, not only because of what's been done to him but he keeps on thinking about Robb's victories and the better days. It just shows how terrible the situation is.

I was wondering if that other thing they took too was him getting gelded.

I really hope he was molested and not gelded. Characters in this series tend to whine alot when they lose a body part (Jaime's hand, Tyrion's nose) and I really don't want to go through an entire book's worth of Theon chapters in which he laments his lost cock. I do kind of want to see old Theon make a bit of a comeback from this Reek persona and that would be infinitely more difficult without little Theon on board for the ride.

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope he was molested and not gelded. Characters in this series tend to whine alot when they lose a body part (Jaime's hand, Tyrion's nose) and I really don't want to go through an entire book's worth of Theon chapters in which he laments his lost cock. I do kind of want to see old Theon make a bit of a comeback from this Reek persona and that would be infinitely more difficult without little Theon on board for the ride.

I agree. I think he would talk about that more than his fingers...

• 5 weeks later...

Right, I'm a little confused...

I haven't read book 3 for a few months, so certain things are really confusing me. I looked on wikipedia but that only served to confuse me more.

I'm on page 263 of the hardback version (a Reek chapter), so please don't tell me anything I'm not supposed to know past this point. I only think I'm confused because I haven't read for a while.

Who is Reek? Is he Theon or Lord Ramsay? And who is Lord Ramsay? Is he Ramsay Snow? I'd read on wikipedia something about Ramsay being Reek, and I get the impression that happened in book 3, yet I have no recollection of that whatsoever.

Can someone clear this up for me please?

Right, I'm a little confused...

I haven't read book 3 for a few months, so certain things are really confusing me. I looked on wikipedia but that only served to confuse me more.

I'm on page 263 of the hardback version (a Reek chapter), so please don't tell me anything I'm not supposed to know past this point. I only think I'm confused because I haven't read for a while.

Who is Reek? Is he Theon or Lord Ramsay? And who is Lord Ramsay? Is he Ramsay Snow? I'd read on wikipedia something about Ramsay being Reek, and I get the impression that happened in book 3, yet I have no recollection of that whatsoever.

Can someone clear this up for me please?

Yes , Reek is Theon and Lord Ramsay is Ramsay Snow from the end of book two who is Roose Bolton's bastard and was legitimized thus naming him Bolton .

Yes , Reek is Theon and Lord Ramsay is Ramsay Snow from the end of book two who is Roose Bolton's bastard and was legitimized thus naming him Bolton .

Thank you! It was the wikipedia article which confused me, saying that

Reek was Lord Ramsay, dressed up. I thought I was potentially already meant to know that, which is why I am confused, trying to figure out what I'm meant to know by this point. To reiterate, if this DOES happen, say no more... but if I am meant to know that already, please remind me...

Make sense?

Thank you! It was the wikipedia article which confused me, saying that

Reek was Lord Ramsay, dressed up. I thought I was potentially already meant to know that, which is why I am confused, trying to figure out what I'm meant to know by this point. To reiterate, if this DOES happen, say no more... but if I am meant to know that already, please remind me...

Make sense?

No, i think that refers to the event from A Clash of Kings when Reek is revealed as Ramsay, but the Reek in this book is Theon who was tortured into believing he is Ramsay's servent .

Archived