[ADWD SPOILERS] The Windblown

Xray the Enforcer

Is it just me who likes Quentyn? He seems like he has the potential to be a great character, I just don't understand his significance at all. He doesn't seem like the type of person Dany could truly love (in a husband sense) so that dampens his chances with her and also, he is not the heir of Dorne and he doesn't have an army and Dorne is one of the leats populated areas in Westeros. His father isn't rebelling (yet) against the Lannisters...

I am very curious. He is a bit like Gendry for me; I really want him to be important in the grand scheme of things, but I can't figure out how......

Oh and whoever started that crackpot theory of Pretty Meris = Tysha...ILY I TOTALLY SUPPORT THAT THEORY NOW %7Boption%7Dhttp://asoiaf.wester...tongue.gif[/img]

Quentyn is not the heir but a marriage between Dany and him would secure Dorne alliance and fulfill the promisse made long time ago that should've been fulfilled between Viserys and Aryanne. Besides, Aryanne is the heir and she is also eager to wage war against the Iron Throne, and so does Doran, I imagine.

Btw, I really like Quenty as well. I think he gives us alot of inside in the war situation and how Dany is perceived by everyone else. But I do think he is taking to long to actually reach her.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Quentyn himself seems quite lame, though, not sure how someone like Dany, who has seen first hand wars, massacres, and is aroused by the likes of Daario, could find anything remotely attractive in that little weasel of a man?

I like his chapters, as it is a good witness account of Essosi things. But I agree that the Yunkai'i are too caricatural and over the top, that doesn't match the realism that GRRM has got us used to in Westeros.

Archived