[ADWD SPOILERS] The Wayward Bride

Xray the Enforcer

Agreed.

I also understood from the end of this chapter that she was captured by Stannis. Moreover, she has king blood, so it would make sense Stannis keeps her around.

The beginning of this chapter is really clumsy.

• 1 month later...

It was a most interesting chapter to say the least. I'm glad it was Stannis that captured her and not the Boltons. She would have perished with Ramsay and then having Reek see that would have been not good for him. It would have destroyed him.

At least she knows Theon is alive..but she really can't go back to the Iron Islands or can she? Erik is probally waiting for her.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Great chapter. I was also being freaked out by the rape till it's stated that she was wet, what made obvious it wasn't a rape. It was kind of sweet that they had kept a relationship for so long (even if Asha likes to play around).

Fighting against clansmen, it's not all that unthinkable that she could kill that many, not within the realist fantasy context: both the clansmen and Asha have been fighting all their lives, yes, but Asha had formal training in combat, being the daughter of the Kraken (specially when she became the expected heir).

I really don't see how Theon is psychologically capable of holding any type of position of power in the future, so both of those storylines seem like dead ends. And to be honest, I think we got more than enough of the Ironborn's internal politics in AFFC.

I agree that Theon psychologically is unfit. But there's a detail that might change it: Theon is Ironborn.

"What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger."

I predict that Theon will get a true drowning. Maybe not a "controlled true drowning" like Damphair performs, but an actual one. Being shipwrecked, or maybe thrown into some body of water by Ramsay.

And he will survive, and will rise again, harder and stronger.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I liked this chapter. Some action, a battle. I like Asha, she's a strong character who's had to prove her worth again and again, being a woman in a brutal society. But she's also intelligent and thoughtful, as she's shown in the kingsmoot where she offered a plan that was a lot better for the Ironborn than Victarion's or Euron's. Not her fault she didn't win.

Her death is not described. All we know is that she passed out. Sure, we don't know what would have restrained the Northman champion's arm, but it's not said that he delivered the fatal blow. So it probably didn't happen and she's still alive.

I love younger men. I have dated only men at least 5 years younger and as much as 10 years younger than me for many years. I love the energy and a nice tight bod. Older men just aren't the same, different mentality. I seem to have more in common with younger guys. They're actually more fun and are usually more interested in me. I'm flattered. I think younger men like cougars because they have no agenda, don't usually want to get married and are usually very independent and don't need a man to take care of them. I meet younger men on the site named cougarflirts.c0m

• 8 months later...

That was a long and boring chapter. I honestly don't like any of the Greyjoys (expect Theon), nor care about their plot, or islands or government. I find Asha to be a huge annoying bitch and I hope she's dead. Their chapters for me were a pain during AFFC and the sooner I never heard about them again, the better.

I guess what makes this series/GRRM so great is how differently people perceive certain characters and chapters. I just started reading the books after HBO's season 3 concluded and have just finished this chapter. I was warned about certain things from a friend who's been caught up with the books and one of their complaints/warnings have been directed toward the Iron Island characters from AFFC on.

I LOVE the Iron Islands stuff.

From their house motto/words and understanding what they actually mean in AFFC to all of Balon's brothers - seriously, how awesome of a heel is Euron - I can't get enough of the Greyjoys.

Great chapter.

I agree that Theon psychologically is unfit. But there's a detail that might change it: Theon is Ironborn.

"What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger."

I predict that Theon will get a true drowning. Maybe not a "controlled true drowning" like Damphair performs, but an actual one. Being shipwrecked, or maybe thrown into some body of water by Ramsay.

And he will survive, and will rise again, harder and stronger.

Great post. I agree, this chapter was pretty good, considering where it falls in the book - I'm growing very tired of the free cities/Dany/Quentyn stuff so getting back into Asha's camp and being introduced to her scheme to free Theon to take back the Seastone Chair via a "new" Kingsmoot and then a battle scene to tie it all up was very much appreciated, IMO.

Great theory re: Theon and his sort of redemption - I have been searching these forums for chapters that I can comment on/lurk in

and noticed that there is a "Theon" chapter coming up at some point so it seems we may get our wish.

Archived