[ADWD SPOILERS] Davos 4

Xray the Enforcer

Perhaps the crannogmen?

+1

I also think Davos is going to the Reeds.

The cannibal thing might be just prejudice.

It's only natural for Osha to find shelter under some lord still loyal to the Starks. Reed is an obvious option.

And if they are heading north too, why Wex, the guy following them end up in White Harbor.

Wyman Manderly is a beast, plain and simple. He had me doing my impression of Jackie Chan Police Story(watch it,especially the mall scene, if you want to see one of the best martial arts movie ever). His speech was similar to Doran Martell's "Blood and Fire" thing, but "The North Remembers" tops it for me(guess it would for a Stark fanbboy). There were so many awesome moments in this chapter, and I had too list and even quote it.

-The history lessons were cool and all, but when it got to his letters to his wife and sons, my heart went out to him. Maybe the nicest guy in the whole series, to me at least(i might be forgetting some people).

-Then Robett Glover shows up and I was like..... who? He's a Glover, so he's from the North, so that's cool, but than he said Moat Cailin and I thought of the Neck and Maefe Mormont, and thought pwnage.

-Then Manderly and Davos started talking and I just kept getting hyped up, than "The north remembers, and the mummer's farce is almost done. My son is home." I was like Oh Snap!

-Then he talk's about his heir, and i was like OH SNAP, but than it was Wex, and i was somewhat disappointed. But than the truth about Theon, Winterfell and Ramsay started to surface. Yes, people in the North will know the truth about the fall of Winterfell.

-Than Rickon gets a mention, and I too think that he's on Skagos, because of Jon's first chapter with the goat with a horn. Make's sense that Jon can still feel shaggy, cause he hasn't passed the wall. And in that dream, the direwolf was called shaggy. Honestly, I'm wishing that Rickon turns into some direwolf riding killing machine. Have him show up at the Bolton wedding.

But what Manderly says when he's talking about gifts has me expecting, wishing, and begging for something completely bad ass and righteous, no matter how heinous it is.

"Do hosts still give guest gifts in the south?"

"Some do, my lord. On the day their guest departs."

"Perhaps you understand then."

That caught my attention, and has me pumped.

-Than Rickon gets a mention, and I too think that he's on Skagos, because of Jon's first chapter with the goat with a horn. Make's sense that Jon can still feel shaggy, cause he hasn't passed the wall. And in that dream, the direwolf was called shaggy. Honestly, I'm wishing that Rickon turns into some direwolf riding killing machine. Have him show up at the Bolton wedding.

:agree:

I just hope shaggy wasn't hurt too bad by the unicorn. (Isn't it bad luck to kill a unicorn? ;) )

GH

Is it too hard to believe that Wylla Manderly is Jeyne Westerling, hiding out in the North waiting to be revealed as the wife of their King of the North? Cause the text does mention some hair coloring right? Also, her being Robb's wife may explain why she was so adamant in supporting Robb, even in front of Freys? Does the timeline match up?

Is it too hard to believe that Wylla Manderly is Jeyne Westerling, hiding out in the North waiting to be revealed as the wife of their King of the North? Cause the text does mention some hair coloring right? Also, her being Robb's wife may explain why she was so adamant in supporting Robb, even in front of Freys? Does the timeline match up?

I think Davos' fake death was announced before Jaime took Riverrun and so far I don't know who could have brought her to White Harbor (and how). Despite of that I think Lord Manderly would tell Davos who she is, if he already reveals the Rickon story.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow wow wow- was pretty sure Davos wasn't going to die but that doesn't make the chapter any less awesome! Goosebumps all the way through, from as soon as the red cloak was revealed as a Glover I was grinning, there was a "surely not" moment when he said "bring in the boy", then "the North remembers"... Man, AWESOME chapter.

I went to sleep with a big smile on my face after reading this chapter. Amazing chapter. Manderly is the man! :thumbsup:

Totally awesome chapter! I love the north remembers line and his calling Rikkon his liege lord without a second thought.

He's great at pretending and I can't wait to see what he has in store for the Frey's and the Bolton's...one can hope.

I love that the people who seem to be cowardly and not doing anything, like Manderly and Martell, are actually planning and working hard to bring about what they want as true players in the game!

I was hoping, just for a few paragraphs, that Manderly was going to Red Wedding his Frey guests. When he said he slipped out of a feast to meet with Davos, the first thing I thought was that there was a massacre going on back in the hall. That would have been insanely awesome payback.

I was hoping, just for a few paragraphs, that Manderly was going to Red Wedding his Frey guests. When he said he slipped out of a feast to meet with Davos, the first thing I thought was that there was a massacre going on back in the hall. That would have been insanely awesome payback.

He does something much better than that.

Nah, Manderly ain't no asshole to murder his own guests. He's better than that. You will soon find out just how better.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jeyne Westerling was last seen in Jamie's last AFfC chapter, where she is traveling back to the Crag, in the same party as her mother and Edmure Tully. So no, it is not her.

• 2 weeks later...

I have problems with quoting right now, but Wise Westerosi:

I remember reading some theories that it wasn't actually Jeyne who went on that march. Something about conflicting descriptions of her between Catelyn and Jamie's when they first saw her.

Anyway, I knew Davos wasn't going to die here if we go by Lord Manderly's 'cockroach reaction' to Rhaegar Frey in Davos' previous chapter. If Skagos and the unicorn thing is true, then love and candy and rainbows!! More magical creatures!

• 2 weeks later...

But what Manderly says when he's talking about gifts has me expecting, wishing, and begging for something completely bad ass and righteous, no matter how heinous it is.

"Do hosts still give guest gifts in the south?"

"Some do, my lord. On the day their guest departs."

"Perhaps you understand then."

That caught my attention, and has me pumped.

Yes, this especially hints at some glorious retribution when we think of how the concept of death as a "gift" has already been introduced in this story. In fact, Manderly means to literally combine his gift-giving with his guests' departing. Very efficient! ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived