{ADWD Spoilers} Sansa Stark

Alexia

This is what I know for sure about Sansa: (1) she has a hairnet full of poison stuffed in her cloak pocket, and (2) LF always asks her to pour the wine. If the situation demands, and if she finds her inner Arya, she can get rid of LF whether or not she learns . . . anything. And wouldn't death by his own poison be a perfect karmic end to Littlefinger?

Yep, the poison seems to be a Chekhov's gun. Waiting to be used. And LF has a few seconds to realise what she has done, to look into her eyes. It would be a grand scene in some way, but also a terrible one. Sansa couldn't bear the sight when it happened to Joffrey, whom she really hated. Could she do it with LF? I don't know. She would need to learn a lot about the worst things he has done before I could see her even considering it, though. Maybe Arya will do it for her eventually, using Sansa's cache of poison.

One possible problem is that LF may well notice a shift in wine colour. He is prudent, normally.

With a hair-net of poison, a sister capable of using it, and a semi-reformed dog... she might be perfectly positioned to do some damage.

I was never a fan of Sansa, but she's grown on me during my last re-read.

I hated Sansa on my first read, easily my least favourite character - but on the re-read she somehow morphed into one of my favourites. Everyone else takes control of their destiny early on, but her arc involves going from a pawn to a stalking horse.

Really hope GRRM gives us a sample chapter - even if it does introduce a new plotline, she's been left in need of one to take her out of the Vale.

Really hope GRRM gives us a sample chapter - even if it does introduce a new plotline, she's been left in need of one to take her out of the Vale.

Introducing a new plotline is also the perfect way to get us in a renewed round of speculations on the board.

What would the new plot be? Sansa deciding to protect Sweetrobyn? Arrival of the Blackfish? Someone finding out who she is, and telling her? Bran contacting her? Harry the Heir arriving? Or will Littlefinger tell her more about his longer term plans, and things start to get in motion (regarding the 3 queens, maybe)?

Introducing a new plotline is also the perfect way to get us in a renewed round of speculations on the board.

What would the new plot be? Sansa deciding to protect Sweetrobyn? Arrival of the Blackfish? Someone finding out who she is, and telling her? Bran contacting her? Harry the Heir arriving? Or will Littlefinger tell her more about his longer term plans, and things start to get in motion (regarding the 3 queens, maybe)?

Oh yes oh yes. This is part of why I'm praying that the Sansa chapter is the spoiler for the paperback. We need new material to speculate with -- unfortunately, AFFC mostly kept her in a holding pattern until LF announced his intention to betroth her to Harry. And since we haven't met Harry, or even seen Sansa's response to LF's new promise, that leaves us with very little to work with in terms of speculating.

I always feel like I'm all over the place with her, because I have my ideas of what I think is likely, but her story is just a completely blank page right now. It could be anything. Sandor, Tyrion, Harrold, Riverrun, Winterfell, escape, recapture, literally anything. We need a direction to speculate in, at this point.

Archived