Could Bran Warg into a Dragon?

Drogon's Mother

I just had a crazy thought. It's been implicated in the later books of ASOIAF that they need Dany's dragons to help them defeat the others and the wights. Well is it possible that Bran could warg into a dragon and use it to burn up all the wights? maybe that's why it was so important to get Bran to the greenseer, so he could get the training he needed to warg into a dragon. From reading the earlier books I learned that some queen in the distant past took her dragons to the wall. Maybe they used the dagons back then to defeat the wights. To take it a step further why not Jon and Bran both warging into dragons and together they will defeat the wights. I also believe that at some point Jon and Bran will hook up again. With their warging abilities it seems inevitable that Bran will somehow get a message to Jon, perhaps through Mormont's raven?

Something else has been bothering me. At least two of the Stark children plus Jon (if we're to assume Jon may actully be a Targ, but he still has Stark blood), are wargs. Is this something new? I mean what about Ned and his siblings, and farther down the line? Are we to believe that all of a sudden the present Stark children are wargs but none of their ancestors were? Just some meat and mead for thought.

I think not. The prologue of Dance also suggests that (no spoilers here). Bran has more trouble warging into Hodor. The more complex creature the harder to bend its will. And Hodor was sort of simple, else Bran might have failed. People and dragons should be near impossible, unless the dragon is willing.

But yeah, Bran seems to be the strongest and he hasn't really trained so it's possible. Not sure how it will serve though, so it's highly unlikely IMO.

Do we know whether or not the ability to warg is hereditary? (It's been awhile since I did a re-read...(

Probably since most of the Stark kids (Bran, Arya, Rickon, Jon, Robb?) have shown some ability to warg. With Bran and Arya showing the ability to warg into creatures other than their own direwolf.

It could be a religious ability, since they all worship the Old Gods. And we've seen some wildlings that can warg.

It could be a combination of religion and hereditary.

GH

Probably since most of the Stark kids (Bran, Arya, Rickon, Jon, Robb?) have shown some ability to warg. With Bran and Arya showing the ability to warg into creatures other than their own direwolf.

All of the Stark kids are confirmed to be wargs as confirmed by GRRM, Robb just didn't have a POV and Lady died early. Bran is said to be the strongest warg in the family though.

It could be a religious ability, since they all worship the Old Gods. And we've seen some wildlings that can warg.

It could be a combination of religion and hereditary.

GH

Okay I'm totally blanking, what else did Arya warg into aside from Nymeria?

With their warging abilities it seems inevitable that Bran will somehow get a message to Jon, perhaps through Mormont's raven?

Probable, but not likely at this point since Bran has no known connection with Mormont's raven, i.e. Bran doesn't even know Mormont had a raven ... or maybe I missed that part in the book. :stunned:

Are we to believe that all of a sudden the present Stark children are wargs but none of their ancestors were? Just some meat and mead for thought.

Just because it wasn't specifically mentioned that previous generations of Starks showed warging abilities doesn't mean that warging is exclusive to the present Stark children. I got the impression that warging was treated like an ability that people didn't talk about openly; like people would look at you weird if they knew you were a warg ... and you'd probably be ostracized. :unsure:

I just made this same topic like a week ago. I think it's definitely a possibility. It would certainly fit with Bran's obssession with flying, and a dragon being warged by someone would actually be more powerful than someone just riding it. Plus, I think Bran will be extremely integral to the coming events, probably more so than a lot of people are expecting. For me, Bran's also one of the few characters I'd bet money on making it to the very end (he might die at the of aDoS, but I highly, highly doubt he'll die before that).

• 1 month later...

Nothing as far as I know unless thats a Dance spoiler.

hmmmm

I believe that she knew the old man attacking her was because she warged with the cat she befriended and brought it back to the temple. Also, she may have been doing it subconsciously while asleep with the one eared tom cat that was attacking Tommen back in King's landing? I wish I would have highlighted this stuff during my read through on the Kindle...

Something else has been bothering me. At least two of the Stark children plus Jon (if we're to assume Jon may actully be a Targ, but he still has Stark blood), are wargs. Is this something new? I mean what about Ned and his siblings, and farther down the line? Are we to believe that all of a sudden the present Stark children are wargs but none of their ancestors were? Just some meat and mead for thought.

Maybe they were they just didn't know. We are told that one of the Stark lords daughter got kidnapped by the King in the North, and their bastard child became the next lord Stark, and the current Starks are descended from there so maybe thats where they got the "gene"

Also we know that Neds maternal grandmother was a mountain clan-woman (Flint) that is another possible origin! ^_^

Haven't we all learned to set aside our crazy (no offense) of magically doing things and saving the entire world in GRRRM's books?!?

C'mon! It's so simple. When Dany makes her landing she goes North to the wall. Bran takes over one of her dragons, kills all the wights, and the North lives happily ever after!

If this were a typical LOTR or Harry Potter story, yes, this would probably happen! But it's A Song of Ice and Fire!!! Bran will (maybe) have an important role, but who knows what it is. I doubt it's heroically warging a dragon and saving the wall!

Maybe I'm too cynical?

I could see this happening. In fact, when I read through ADWD, it seemed to me that

Dany was starting to warg with the black dragon. I mean, she went to the tournament and Drogon had just disappeared for a long, long time. But she starts getting all emotionally worked up and he just appears and opens a can of whoop ass? I may be reaching but I think she connected with it - or maybe that's what is considered a dragon rider anyway.

So, yeah. I think Bran could develop that sort of thing.

And I've also through about Ned and the other Starks. I would not be surprised if it was revelaed that Ned somehow was warging in some capacity in the past.

Archived