[ADWD SPOILERS] Daenerys 6

Xray the Enforcer

I'm really kind of disliking Dany so far. She's not my favorite, but she's top 5 for sure.

There's just something about her, or maybe not her. I realize there's a long journey til Westeros, and the first part of the journey was awesome. This part of her journey not so much.

I'm really kind of disliking Dany so far. She's not my favorite, but she's top 5 for sure.

There's just something about her, or maybe not her. I realize there's a long journey til Westeros, and the first part of the journey was awesome. This part of her journey not so much.

This was probably my least favorite chapter of the book so far. Sorry, but I just do not care about these poor Astapori refugees at all. The Daario romance is boring and annoying. I cannot believe that I am more than halfway through the book and still no one has met up with Dany yet. Enough stalling already!

This was probably my least favorite chapter of the book so far. Sorry, but I just do not care about these poor Astapori refugees at all. The Daario romance is boring and annoying. I cannot believe that I am more than halfway through the book and still no one has met up with Dany yet. Enough stalling already!

I'll say it again, I force myself to read her chapters. I don't care about the Astapori either -- if it is important for future story arch, than gives us a few paragraphs, sum it up and move on.

Her 'journey' in the series is making Sam/Frodo's walk to Mordor look like a day-trip.

We have some real character development in this chapter, finally. Dany has learnt that she can't save everyone! :bowdown:

When I first started reading this chapter I was shaking my head at how moronic Dany was being - she took her all of her advisors out of the city to feed some refugees who were dying of the bloody flux? Seriously Dany? I wonder if we are going to have one of her close circle come down with the plague soon.

By the end though I was back in the Dany camp, the mother has realised that in order to save the people in the City she has to sacrifice those outside. Great.

I've still got my eye on the Green Grace, pretty sure that she is the one pulling the strings in Meereen. It seems like she wants Hizdar to become King, but in-so-doing diminishing Dany's power over the city because of the rituals such as feet washing. This woman badly wants to re-establish the slave trade. Watch your back Dany!

I'm gutted Daario isn't dead yet, but the line about never betraying her? That seems a bit too much like Chekhov's gun to me. My current theory is that Daario has murdered Brown Ben...

Also... a touch of Targ madness from the Dragon Queen: Targaryens don't get sick? Really Dany?!

Also... a touch of Targ madness from the Dragon Queen: Targaryens don't get sick? Really Dany?!

Well, she kind of doubted it herself because it was Viserys who had said it, but then she reflected that she had experienced nothing to contradict it. I.e. she and Viserys had never been sick, even with a minor cold or anything like that. I didn't really see that reflection as madness.

Barristan must've slept during his history lessons since he agreed with Dany that the Targs didn't get sick. ;)

I don't remember what you are hinting at. Did any historical Targaryens get sick (other than in the head)?

I think Daario is the one who will betray her for love. Don't know who will betray her for gold yet

Agreed. I don't think it was Jorah the prophecy was referring to.

And Dany..............man....she is really proving that "bad men can be good kings, and good men can be bad kings". In GRRM's world, there is no room for idealism. I hope once Quentyn/Tyrion/Vic get to her, she will grow up!

Really frustrated with her naivety.

We have some real character development in this chapter, finally. Dany has learnt that she can't save everyone! :bowdown:

When I first started reading this chapter I was shaking my head at how moronic Dany was being - she took her all of her advisors out of the city to feed some refugees who were dying of the bloody flux? Seriously Dany? I wonder if we are going to have one of her close circle come down with the plague soon.

By the end though I was back in the Dany camp, the mother has realised that in order to save the people in the City she has to sacrifice those outside. Great.

I've still got my eye on the Green Grace, pretty sure that she is the one pulling the strings in Meereen. It seems like she wants Hizdar to become King, but in-so-doing diminishing Dany's power over the city because of the rituals such as feet washing. This woman badly wants to re-establish the slave trade. Watch your back Dany!

I'm gutted Daario isn't dead yet, but the line about never betraying her? That seems a bit too much like Chekhov's gun to me. My current theory is that Daario has murdered Brown Ben...

I find myself agreeing with you yet again Loras except that I'm not back in the Dany camp yet. Yes, she's finally realized she can't save everyone, and that's an important realization for her, but she's still being absolutely moronic regarding her advisors. Not only did she drag them out to the Astapori camp and make them help her feed them and burn their dead, but she just ignores everything they say in general. What is the point of councilors if you don't intend to ever consider their advice? She's just simply too stubborn.

She should have sacked the city and moved onto Westeros. Lingering in Meereen was the worst decision she could have made, and this becomes more and more apparent as her story arc progresses. I don't think GRRM would do this considering how much of the story has been invested into Dany, but I'd love to see her get killed here by the flux or by the Yunkai'i.

Oh, I also don't trust Daario. She's been really stupid with regards to him as well. I like the theory that he killed Brown Ben.

Once more, Dany proves she is nothing more than a slut. She has multiple armies coming down on her, a plague threatning her city, and dangerous uprisings with the city itself. Yet all she can think about is satisfying her cunt with the first pretty boy to cross her path.

Due to the prophecy where Dany see's herself fight the Others, it is sadly not likely she will be dying in this book, or heck even the next book. So I suppose we will have to suffer this character some more. Or at least, until she wakes up to the realities around her.

Still not a fan of Dany either tbh, I keep hoping it will liven up once her visitors arrive but it's feeling like suuuuch a long wait right now.

Don't trust the Green Grace or Hizdahr, but I agree that Daario feels like the biggest threat. I'd like it if when she really got down to it with Daario she really felt nothing for him, just like all the others shes experimented with- would feel like she's holding out for someone a bit more special...

Once more, Dany proves she is nothing more than a slut. She has multiple armies coming down on her, a plague threatning her city, and dangerous uprisings with the city itself. Yet all she can think about is satisfying her cunt with the first pretty boy to cross her path. .

You.. Are joking right? She thinks of almost nothing else apart from these things, and at the end of the chapter has taken measures to deal with all three: closed the city to defend against the armies, left the Astapori outside the gates (and burned their dead) to try and stop the spread of plague, and she halted the violence in the city ages ago when she challenged Hizdahr to give her 90 days of peace.

Personally, I'm loving Dany's story. She's doing everything she can for her people and while it might not be enough to avert disaster, it's more than many would have been willing or capable of doing - and she hasn't lost yet. It's a little bit tragic, but it's inspiring too.

Once more, Dany proves she is nothing more than a slut. She has multiple armies coming down on her, a plague threatning her city, and dangerous uprisings with the city itself. Yet all she can think about is satisfying her cunt with the first pretty boy to cross her path.

Due to the prophecy where Dany see's herself fight the Others, it is sadly not likely she will be dying in this book, or heck even the next book. So I suppose we will have to suffer this character some more. Or at least, until she wakes up to the realities around her.

Slut? That seems harsh considering she has only slept with 3 people, one of them - her husband.

Hell if I had armies advancing from all directions with my death a high possibility I would some action before a possibly died, especially with a person I was crushing on for about a year. Sure Daario is a bad guy, but tell me this ladies, have you never slept with a jerk who screwed you over when you were a teen? Most girls have, its a learning process? Daario is your typical bad guy, confident, handsome, dangeorus, exciting.

I think all you are being harsh on Dany.

The author could have made her the cliche princess who overcame every obstacle and was perfect in every way, but that would be boring.

She is human and she has flaws, mainly her youth.

Lets not forget she was not trained up to be a ruler, she was not even trained to be in court, she knows nothing of politics, she had to run and hide her whole life, her only constant companion a sadistic brother. All she had was her name - and even that wasn't enough until she possessed 3 dragons. This is her learning curve, and one hell of a steep one.

I think too many of you were expecting Dany to be a fairytale princess.

Archived