[ADWD SPOILERS] The Prince of Winterfell

Xray the Enforcer

Doesn't mean she deserves that.

That's right - even by Westeros standards it's pretty horrid what Ramsay does. Imagine you're a 13 year old girl, you've been shivering for hours in the cold, and you're being told you have to "be ready" for your new husband, who you barely know but have heard he's a monster. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh normally I'm just a major lurker on here, but can't hide my feelings after this chapter now.

I just want to nurture Reek and bring him back to Theon, and am clinging on to the possibility that he will be able to run away with Jeyne and be with her and it will all end happily ever after. Am I hoping for too much? Please don't crush my dreams.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Wow, I, as others in this topic, also hadn't noticed the Freys Pie or that the bard is Mance. When I read about it here, all semeed so obvious. Happy I decided to start reading these chapter topics.

I am really liking the Reek/Theon chapters, I think it is best storyline in this book and I wonder how isHBO going to deal with it in the show, since it is so much about Theon's psychology and thougths.

Weird. No one is mentioning the conversation between Theon and that Lady at the delicious meal?

About Maesters being the ones that write and read letters, even if their King could read/write himself. And that Maesters could change words as they wish?

Those Maesters are ... intrigung. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Apparently, cannibalism is a recurring theme for this book. I think I have seen a reference to human eating human flesh in each and every major plotline thus far, since the very prologue, though I think this is the first time we actually witness it...

no, in the chapter of the Reaver in a Feast for Crows Euron says this to Victarion

The Crow’s Eye filled two cups with a strange black wine that flowed as thick as honey. “Drink with me, brother. Have a taste of this.” He offered one of the cups to Victarion.

The captain took the cup Euron had not offered, sniffed at its contents suspiciously. Seen up close, it looked more blue than black. It was thick and oily, with a smell like rotted flesh. He tried a small swallow, and spit it out at once. “Foul stuff. Do you mean to poison me?”

“I mean to open your eyes.” Euron drank deep from his own cup, and smiled. “Shade-of-the-evening, the wine of the warlocks. I came upon a cask of it when I captured a certain galleas out of Qarth, along with some cloves and nutmeg, forty bolts of green silk, and four warlocks who told a curious tale. One presumed to threaten me, so I killed him and fed him to the other three. They refused to eat of their friend’s flesh at first, but when they grew hungry enough they had a change of heart. Men are meat.”

• 4 months later...

Weird. No one is mentioning the conversation between Theon and that Lady at the delicious meal?

Same here! Lady Dustin sure is an intriguing character!

Everyone talks about the Frey pies and Abel the bard, but my favourite part is Theon reflecting on his past at Winterfell. Beautifully written. Probably my favourite part since Septon Meribald's monologue about broken men.

Fantastic chapter.

Archived