[ADWD SPOILERS] The Blind Girl

Xray the Enforcer

ohh my goodness that was a fun little chapter, I enjoyed it a lot. Arya has always been one of my favorites, I am glad the blindness was a learning tool, as well as a punishment. Forced deprivation made her learn to use more of her "other" senses :)

YAY an Arya chapter! and she got her sight back!

Seems all the Starks have a pretty decent grasp on their warging abilities now. Its a shame that Robb always seemed to push it away.

Cool to know that a fair amount of the wildlings should still be there by the time Jon sends his own ships too although it shall be interesting to see how Marsh takes a few thousand more arrivals.

A nice little chapter, not my favourite but it was good fun to catch up with events in Braavos.

Thoughts on 'The Blind Girl':

* The sea lord is sick. I wonder if this is the same sealord who signed the marriage agreement between Oberyn Martell and Willem Darry? We know that the Braavosi are not very fond of dragons, we know that Jaqen has a key to the citadel - where there just so happens to be a tome about The Death of Dragons - and now the sealord is sick. I don't think this is a coincidence. Who in Braavos doesn't want the dragons back on the Westerosi throne?

-> THEORY -> I wonder if the sealord had pledged his armada to the cause of the restoration of the dragons?

* The wildlings at Hardhome, it is interesting that the Lyseni have rescued some of them. Note that Jon said he would take the women and children first too, are these Wildlings going to be once bitten twice shy?

* We learn more about the customs of the House of Black and White - being escaped slaves has a great deal of emphasis in this chapter, I wonder if that is going somewhere.

* Loved Arya warging the cat!

She warged into the cat already in Feast:

That night she dreamed she was a wolf again, but it was different from the other dreams. In this dream she had no pack. She prowled alone. bounding over rooftops and padding silently beside the banks of a canal, stalking shadows through the fog.

This isn't based on any future (if any) Arya chapters (I haven't read them, if any) but I have a theory that Arya will be sent to Westeros to complete some task as part of her training (to kill John perhaps? Or Sansa?) and will be faced with the decision to complete the task and thus truly become "no one" or not to and to remain Arya Stark. I think she's got far too much Lyanna and wolfsblood in her to ever become "no one." Arya may be being trained by the Faceless Men, but she is Stark through and through.

Absolutely love this chapter... so much fun to see my favorite character in the series

Arya will never be "no one", she enjoys too much warging nymeria, she is wolf to the bone. but i do believe that for her "final test" she will have to kill someone of her family. she wont do it so she will be a full trained assassin in Westeros :thumbsup:

Watch out Cersei :laugh:

BTW - The having to kill a family member thing reminds me a bit of the Unsullied and their puppies. And we know how GRRM likes these little parallels in his writing. I suppose we shall see. Hopefully in ~3 years rather than 6.

Archived