[ADWD SPOILERS] The Blind Girl

Xray the Enforcer

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was SO happy that Arya is back! I love her character so much! And I was really glad to see her perspective again. I hope there's more of her in this book.

Also, my heart jumped a bit at the mention of Syrio. It had been so long since we've even seen his name. I hope we have a return of his character. His "death" was too ambiguous for him to be really dead.

• 2 months later...

I was SO happy that Arya is back! I love her character so much! And I was really glad to see her perspective again. I hope there's more of her in this book.

Also, my heart jumped a bit at the mention of Syrio. It had been so long since we've even seen his name. I hope we have a return of his character. His "death" was too ambiguous for him to be really dead.

Totally agree with you! And I loved her chapter even more just because she recovered her sight.

• 1 month later...

Arya is by far my favourite character by this point. Well cast too in GoT imo...

Just to go back over one point mentioned earlier on in the thread - The Others would be an abomination to the Red God. Standard fantasy fare I know, but the god of death is never an evil god. Death is a natural process after all, and indeed a gift to many. Necromany is the true evil, and the Others are created from necromancy and employ it in creating wights.

I don't think that Arya will be asked to kill someone from her family to finish her training, as none of them deserve it. As we know, the FM only kill those whom their god deems worthy. Instead I just look at this process as an extention to her training with Syrio. In the end she is just going to become (more) bad-ass, and will have a huge part to play in any final confrontations.

So glad to see her back in the story, and such a cracking chapter too. All the starks are scattered, and all of them devloping in an interesting way.

I do wonder if we'll find out one day that Robb wargged his way out of the Red Wedding.. just a theory with no basis other than the fact that all the Starks do have this ability to the n'th degree, and maybe the trauma (i.e having his head cut off) would trigger the natural ability within him.

• 8 months later...

So glad to see her back in the story, and such a cracking chapter too. All the starks are scattered, and all of them devloping in an interesting way.

I do wonder if we'll find out one day that Robb wargged his way out of the Red Wedding.. just a theory with no basis other than the fact that all the Starks do have this ability to the n'th degree, and maybe the trauma (i.e having his head cut off) would trigger the natural ability within him.

It is a very interesting theory the one about Robb... I hadn´t thought about that but it would be very nice!

About the Stark's kids abilities... I agree with you. The Stark's house does not have any rights to the Throne but I think their role in the history will be very important. Maybe not necessarily in the battle for the Iron Throne but maybe in the fight against the others.

However, I still didn't read anything (at least until this chapter) about any Sansa special skills... but she lost Lady so I don´t know... And I hope to discover where Rickon has been during all of these time... and what he has been doing!

• 6 months later...

Hm. I am increasing unhappy with Arya's involvement with the FM. I hope she does not become one of them, had hoped her inability to become "no one" would carry her out of the East and home. Really did not like the faces on the wall business. How does that help her learn to alter her appearance?

As for the Starks, they may die out. Houses do. I had hoped that there would "always be a Stark at Winterfell." But perhaps those words were wind. I hope not.

Robb warging out. That is not in line what Dany saw in the House of the Undying.

I was surprised that Rikon was mentioned. It seemed that he disappeared into the mists. I liked his companion, so a reappearance would be nice.

And I would like to see the remaining dire wolves reunited.

Archived