[ADWD SPOILERS] A Ghost In Winterfell

Xray the Enforcer

• 4 months later...

One thing I really liked about this chapter is to see that life is not fine and dandy within Winterfell. I mean, we've seen (through Asha) how life is pretty hard on the road for Stannis and his army, and perhaps we imagined that in Winterfell, they were having parties, keeping warm and snug, and basically just had to wait for Stannis to march to his death.

But not quite: life's pretty hard at Winterfell too. People die of cold, tensions appear, murders, having to share your quarters with horses, pigs and their shit, the castle itself is not in a great state and stables collapse etc. It makes you appreciate that even in a castle, the Northern winter is nothing to laugh at. And that if life is hard in a castle, it must be absolute hell on the road. I love the feeling GRRM conveys so well of constant, bitter cold, hardship, everything. Glad I'm not living in those times!

I also am so curious to find out who the horns belong to. Surely it can't be Stannis. Maybe his northern clan outriders? Karstark arriving? Mance playing a trick? Someone else? Can't wait for the next Northern chapter!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After reading the chapter again, I'm convinced that the washerwoman are wildlings. Women in westeros whether high or low born all, IMO, conservative and have manners to a certain extent. However, Rowan and holly grab theons ear and start twisting it... At least in my view I've never really seen westerosi women so - well I can't think of the right word. It just seems very ygritte behavior to me. Also, the way they mock him when theon says "I had to have two heads or else they would have laughed at me"

Holly replies "elsewise men would have l laughed at him" the word laughed is in italics and for me that has a certain meaning. We all know how the wildlings through Jon snows POV think about power and how they are always criticizing lordship powers

The way these girls talk and act just seem very wildling like to me and I don't think its a coincidence.

Archived