[ADWD SPOILERS] Jaime

Xray the Enforcer

I cannot wait for Jaime coming face to face with Lady Stoneheart. I really think Brienne will deliver him to her. I also think that somehow Jaime will talk his way out of Lady Stoneheart killing him. I hate Catelyn and think she is a horrible, stupid and vindictive person always targeting the wrong people. Jaime may be able to get her to realize that Jaime kept his part of the bargain in not raising a sword against any Tully or Stark. He had nothing to do with the Red Wedding and unCat would benefit having Jaime as an ally rather than just dead.

I just really want Jaime and Lady Stoneheart to come face to face, because I think it will be amazing. Then I really want Jaime to be Cersei's valonqar, so he cannot die at unCat's hands.

I cannot wait for Jaime coming face to face with Lady Stoneheart. I really think Brienne will deliver him to her. I also think that somehow Jaime will talk his way out of Lady Stoneheart killing him. I hate Catelyn and think she is a horrible, stupid and vindictive person always targeting the wrong people. Jaime may be able to get her to realize that Jaime kept his part of the bargain in not raising a sword against any Tully or Stark. He had nothing to do with the Red Wedding and unCat would benefit having Jaime as an ally rather than just dead.

I just really want Jaime and Lady Stoneheart to come face to face, because I think it will be amazing. Then I really want Jaime to be Cersei's valonqar, so he cannot die at unCat's hands.

:agree:

I don't want Brienne to betray Jaime though. I like their friendship and the respect they have for one another. I hope she tells him the truth about the situation. I like how he's become all about respecting people for honorable actions.

I'm also wondering if he will go with her or if he will notice that she's lying. He knows her pretty well and she's not a liar; he may well figure that out.

Am I the only one who thinks Brienne is undead? And she's probaly taking Jaime to uncat. also whoever thinks brienne actually found the girl didn't read AFFC. Come on people! Pay attention!

I'm with you here. Undead Brienne leading Jamie to a zombie jam where he is the main course...

• 2 weeks later...

PS: first post here - yay!

My first post as well! B)

The only reason Brienne would have said 'the word' in the first place would have been to save Pod (who is almost still a child, and did not deserve to be murdered); hence, if Pod's life is still in danger, she will have to bring Jaime back to the BwB.

I agree, it was Pod's life that she wanted to save, not necessarily her own.

So she'll probably attempt to save both Jaime and Pod. The only question is whether she tells Jaime of all this to get his help, or attempts a daring Pod-Rescue on her own?

I believe she'll tell Jaime the truth as they're traveling. It should give them some time to come up with a plan to throw down Lady Stoneheart and save Pod.

Brienne owes Cat nothing. Not this Cat, anyway. Catelyn Stark is dead; all that remains is a sadistic shell. So if Brienne is forced to choose between betraying Catelyn and betraying Jaime, Lady Stoneheart is going to get her feelings hurt. Catelyn is dead; Brienne will choose to enlist Jaime's help.

At least I hope so!

My first post as well! B)

I agree, it was Pod's life that she wanted to save, not necessarily her own.

I believe she'll tell Jaime the truth as they're traveling. It should give them some time to come up with a plan to throw down Lady Stoneheart and save Pod.

Brienne owes Cat nothing. Not this Cat, anyway. Catelyn Stark is dead; all that remains is a sadistic shell. So if Brienne is forced to choose between betraying Catelyn and betraying Jaime, Lady Stoneheart is going to get her feelings hurt. Catelyn is dead; Brienne will choose to enlist Jaime's help.

At least I hope so!

I hope so too! It would go against everything we've seen for Brienne just to betray Jaime like that without giving him a heads up. Yes, she swore an oath to Cat, but she knows the Jaime didn't break his either and knows him too well now to just turn him over the BwB. Fingers crossed!

The ending of this chapter definitely left me with a foreboding feeling. We can only hope when Brienne brings him to BwB that it fulfills her agreement and she can help cut him free or some such.

I personally think that Pod is dead, and Brienne valued life and her oath to Jaime (finding Sansa) and Catelyn over being hung by Stoneheart and the BwB.

If cutting themeselves free doesn't work, I'll take Jaime talking some since into the more moral members of BwB and working something out. Might be interesting if Jaime had something (besides dying by their hands) to do with BwB near the "end". Kind of a full circle to his story in the white pages. (Kingswood Brotherhood)

I really doubt Brienne would lure Jamie into coming alone then stab him in the back - it's totally out of character. What I think could happen:

Brienne sees unCat for what she is (a deranged abomination). She knows she has to cry 'sword' or die, so she does, planning to find Jamie and together they can rescue Podrick and Ser Hunt (if he's not dead - can't remember). Her story about finding Sansa might be just a pretext, since his men are around him and yapping about Catelyn Tully come back from the dead will do no good as no one will believe her.

I would be really disappointed if Brienne really kills Jamie, as many in this thread seem to think.

I think I agree with that. It's hard to think of Catelyn as even being alive - rotting away as she is. Note that in AFFC she is described as "the thing that had been Catelyn Stark" - she resembles a wight.

I too think she wants to rescue the other two, and to enlist Jaime's assistance in doing so.

I want to say we match time lines roughly about

Tyrion 9: 525 - 535

The Turncloak: 536 - 548

The King's Prize: 549 - 563

I have been keeping track of chapters and we picked up Arya already at this point so before her chapter.

OMG I am happy/sad to see Breinne again.

Audio note, Roy D F's up her name compared to his earlier pronunciation, before it was Bry Een now its closer to Bry Anne sad.gif

I noticed the pronunciation too. Also I may miss John Lee's voice for her. Roy is great, but Lee had a pretty good voice for Jamie, Cersei, Breinne and Podrick.

(They didn’t sound like old Scottish women! :lol: )

My thoughts :

- it's Brienne, not unBrienne (what's the point of killing her to resurrect her just after ?)

- she accepted unCat's deal, and is leading Jaime to her

But :

- Jaime is not an idiot : the "come alone" part will sound like a trap in his ear

- Brienne is not a good liar : he'll see soon on her face something 's wrong

=> he'll figure out the danger and use the trap at his advantage

I'm confident about Jaime not dying. Jaime 2 or not, I hope we got new material about them before WoW

I personally think Brienne was brought back to life, simply for the fact that she'd make a good lure for Jaime (worked didn't it?). She could never betray Jaime, it's not something she's capable of doing - she's too honest and forgiving and naive.

At the same time though, can they still do that? Didn't the red priest lose his ability to do so? So that scratches bringing back to life out…

Damnit, I left my book at work :( so want to continue reading!

• 2 weeks later...

Was it explained how did Brienne know where to find Jaime? I'm wondering if Tom O' Sevens might have known where he was headed after Riverrun. If he is still informing for Stoneheart and the BwB, they could be hot on Brienne's trail waiting for them to get out into the open.

I hate to think Brienne could be capable of walking him into a trap, but you just can't tell with these books.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't like Jaime in this chapter. I think he reminded everyone he's still a Lannister, and he's still perpetrating the Lannister deception (if he wants to be upfront about it, then let him be upfront about it; stop using Cersei's wishes as an excuse).

That said, Lady Stoneheart is worse: a bloodthirsty, merciless spirit of vengeance (leading a bunch of bloodthirsty, merciless vagabonds). A truly terrifying figure.

Archived