[ADWD SPOILERS] Daenerys 9

Xray the Enforcer

What is up with GRRM's sexualization of Daenerys? The chapter opens with GRRM mentioning how the water runs down between her legs and beads on her breasts after she takes a bath. It ends with Daenerys feeling Drogon's heat between her legs and screaming "Yes! Take me, take me now!"

Beastiality including dogs in winterfell is one thing, but now dragons as well, and for no apparent reason..?

I just finished this chapter and I was in a daze really.

I suspected Hizzdar was up to something and when i came on here to read what you lot had to say, I feel some of you missed something. perhaps i'm wrong too lol.

3 mounts you will know, one to bed, one to dread, one to love. mount to bed - silver indeed, mount to dread- the palliquin on her wedding day or today, mount to love is Drogon he will take her to where her heart belongs. not necessarily to a lover, but to a place where she can be herself.

Her treasons had not occured until this day in my opinion. MMD may have been the first but i wonder if it is not this specific one. the image in my head is these "sores" of bloody red sand and the plot to kill her is the first treason imo.

I have a feeling in the next chapters the iron born may have a thing to do with treason for love

as for treason for gold... perhaps it's for those who HOLD the gold, the most gold. i.e. casterly rock? I'm just speculating of course

perhaps i am wrong like i said but from what has happened to dany since the HotU didnt exactly strike me as strongly as this. and Drogon had saved her from this as well. I believe his role in protecting her and revealing the truth is what makes the prophesy stand out for me.

who knows~ we're still reading. perhaps later when i re-read it all and the series is ended it'll be clear.

Barristan Selmy is my hero! x3

• 4 weeks later...

some people have gone apeshit over this dragon matter. i was seriously pissed off when she decided to lock the up, because boy, that was stupid. in the same chapter, i think, she mentions that one rider will ride the one dragon for life, and dare not try to ride the others. Thats confusing, because we came to know them as Dany's children, that would not refuse her, but as they grew and got rebellious, Drogon the most dangerous one, we realize that things are not that simple. I LOVED that she whips and commands him, and he obeys. She's not hurting him, he's a fucking dragon.

Wait...what?

first she's keeping the other two chained up, now she's WHIPPING Drogon into submission and people are happy with this? Whipping? her child?

Dany is going to a very special hell.

So I don't know if you've heard of them, but Drogon is a Dragon... not a child. If I had a dragon that spanned 20 feet in wingspan I'd sure as hell make sure I had a whip on me. They're not dogs or humans, they're wild beasts!!

Yes. And the chapter is all about the epiphany she has, that is her dragons that she has to look after, that she lost her way by trying to keep peace with Meereen. Afterwall, she is a dragon. A monster. I think Drogon being rebellious and not willing was a sign that she was doing the right thing, and he only bid her in the moment she finally puts herself in her place.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never cried in this whole series until this chapter. It was when that women (I can't even think of her name) was pit against that boar. The detailed description was too much for me! It was just a few tears, but I felt really bad for her.

• 2 months later...

Yes! Yes! YesyesyesyesYES!! Started pumping my fists into the air when I finished this chapter, boyfriend was looking at me like I'd lost my mind.

FINALLY SHE DOES IT! I had been so disappointed with the way she was treating the dragons... locking them up because you're scared of them is not the right thing to do. She needed to show her strength. Drogon is going to respect and follow her for this (and, I expect, stop eating people). However, it is said earlier on that one dragonrider never rode multiple dragons, so I do wonder how she plans to break in Rhaegal and VIserion. I am in love with the Aerys + Joanna = Tyrion theory, coupled with his dragon dreams, and I think it would be amazing to see Tyrion mounted on a dragon, but it's hard to imagine a dragon bending to his will and allowing him upon his back, y'know?

What is up with GRRM's sexualization of Daenerys? The chapter opens with GRRM mentioning how the water runs down between her legs and beads on her breasts after she takes a bath. It ends with Daenerys feeling Drogon's heat between her legs and screaming "Yes! Take me, take me now!"

Beastiality including dogs in winterfell is one thing, but now dragons as well, and for no apparent reason..?

Yeah, that bugged me a little too. Not to mention the chapter starts off describing the water running down her legs and beading on her breasts. It's like, I get it, she's effing gorgeous and every male in a hundred-yard radius would like to sleep with her, but could we maybe focus on that a little less? Get your hand outta your pants, GRRM. :lol:

• 3 months later...

Woohoo!!!! The short battle and submission of Drogon by Dany was sooooo badass!!! I was so darn happy to see her dragon riding, at last!

I was really happy seeing Dany show no fear towards her child, and whipping his ass to remind him who's his Mama! I don't care about you people crying about "oh noo she whipped him, that's sooo horrible", I mean, it's a dragon for crying out loud. Not a baby or puppy. Dany needed to demonstrate her dominance over Drogon, and it paid off.

Can't wait to see Tyrion's perspective on this. Also kudos to Barristan for trying to save Dany, even though she had it under control.

Am I the only one who found the ending of this chapter disappointing? Last week I went through all the Daenerys chapters in one day (skipping the others) to see how she'd cope with her sly husband... and just when I thought she was about to put her foot down, she just made off, leaving all the problems behind (for poor Barristan to solve, naturally :( ). For the first time I thought she really wasn't eligible for a queen and finally understood all those people who hoped she'd never come back from her 'trip'.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This chapter was totally badass and reasserted my faith in Dany

For all you people questioning why she had to whip Drogon, I just think that Drogon is so massive and powerful that he only respects someone with strength and without fear. Drogon respected Dany so let her ride him.

Also yes, I think Belwas was definitely poisoned, and if you remember, Hizdahr recommended Dany the locusts specifically, but didnt touch any himself. Very suspicious, I hope Barristan sorts him out.

Am I the only one who found the ending of this chapter disappointing? Last week I went through all the Daenerys chapters in one day (skipping the others) to see how she'd cope with her sly husband... and just when I thought she was about to put her foot down, she just made off, leaving all the problems behind (for poor Barristan to solve, naturally :( ). For the first time I thought she really wasn't eligible for a queen and finally understood all those people who hoped she'd never come back from her 'trip'.

She was protecting her child, she is the mother of dragons and her husband order for the guards to kill Drogon. That dog don't hunt with Daenarys so she got on Drogon and led him away from harm. She needed to turn around quickly and figure out that her husband and his grandma are running the Harpies. BahhBahBahh

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I completely agree with the whipping of Drogon. He was going to kill not only her but probably Barristan as well.....Yeah, she considers the dragon her children but what do you do with a wild animal? You have to tame it somehow. Plus, I really doubt the whipping hurt the dragon too much since it didn't describe any wounds from the whipping, only the spear through his neck. Considering the whipping didn't bring any blood and it was a 14 year old girl doing the whipping...I would defiantly relate it to a mother lightly smacking a child's butt. You really think a 14ish year old girl who's been starved/lived in luxury and hasn't lifted anything heavy in her life would be actually capable of extremely hurting a dragon with a whip?

I'm agree with above poster, why didn't Barristan recognise Tyrion?

Archived