[ADWD SPOILERS] Cersei 1

Xray the Enforcer

Ah, nice to have a Cersei chapter again. I love her POV - they were the highlights of AFFC.

I have mixed feelings about her trial. On one hand I want her shamed and beheaded, but on the other hand she's is so entertaining, and her false nature makes me chuckle, that I want her to still be a player in the game of thrones.

This passage is one of the reasons why I love our sweet Cersei's POV:

I also loved that passage. She's not changed one bit! And I love her. In her hilariously ill-informed and selfish ways.

Poor Cersei. Say whatever you want about her, but keeping a woman clothed in nothing but a thin shift, taking away even that every few days, and giving her nothing but one paper-thin blanket to warm herself in a stone cell in late autumn/early winter is incredibly messed up. And they wouldn't even let her sleep. The Faith is King's Lnading is very unlikeable, to say the least of them.

Um, have you forgotten this is medieval times? Have you not read ANY of the other chapters? Yeah. It's messed up. Not just the faith, all of this world GRRM has created. But that's part of what makes it so fascinating, right?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i love her description of tyrion..

a little dwarf skulking around the walls of the red keep etc

also with regards to gregor

i thought it might be him but alive, the head the martells got was a fake i would think

and clegane is alive and a not a zombie but has been made more "wild" by Qyburn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My god, how can you all be so smart?

Everytime I log onto here after reading a chapter I am absolutely amazed at all the awesome things I didn't pick up. Mance in Winterfell, Frey Pie, Reek is Theon (in the first Reek chapter) and now UnGregor. Never had an idea until you spelled it out for me here. I now get the feeling that whenever someone complained that "nothing happened in ADwD" it's just because they were as dumb as I am and just didn't notice all the stuff going on! :D

But if she's really got a Gronster in her dungeons, how can she be so sure it will be ready to fight? The thing must have been quite close to being finished when she left off. Loras against an undead Mountain? Holy moly.

And I STILL hope the Hound is still alive somewhere and pops up just in time to save the day and chop up Gregorstein in handy little pieces. A girl can dream, right? *sighs*

• 2 weeks later...

Ygrette - We must be the same reader with our regards to characters we love. I too hope the Hound is alive, well, and ready to take Gregorstein down.

I was so happy to read another Cersei POV! She is still as bat shit crazy as ever, and I love it. Something is going to go wrong with this monster she's going to have Qyburn unleash. Cersei is self-destructive, and none of her plans actually turn out the way she intends. I think it's safe to say that whatever she has planned is going to be horrendous... but damn if it won't be entertaining!

So not only is Cersei still completely rotton to the core, but now she has a decent chance of escaping justice. Plus, one of the most unlikable brutes who was suppose to be dead is being brought back to life like 80% of the other implied deaths in the books.... this is just fantastic.

To be honest, I really hope Cersei will make it out there alive just to witness the rule taken from her (and then her family by some Targaryen) from the first row.

She needs to see everything destroyed for which she worked for ending as a crazy woman on the street (only then I may even pity her :D)

• 2 weeks later...

As Mmuch as I dislike Cersei, I find myself hating the High Septon more,

The line about how Women's nature makes them commit adultery, ok so the men of the series haven't been going around raping and sticking there cock in anything that moves no?

Also for all the High Septon's talk about how righteous he is, what does he do when Randayl Tarly arrives with a bigger army, he releases Margary.

Im hoping someone puts him to the sword before the series is over my money's on Loras.

• 1 month later...

Oh dear, the whole UnGregor thing went completely over my head. I wasn't exactly sure what she meant at the end of that chapter, for a daft minute I thought she was going to make Qyburn one of the Kings Guard.

Seriously, sometimes I think that without this forum I would only ever get the bare bones of such a complex story. So thank you observant people!!

• 2 months later...

I also loved that passage. She's not changed one bit! And I love her. In her hilariously ill-informed and selfish ways.

Um, have you forgotten this is medieval times? Have you not read ANY of the other chapters? Yeah. It's messed up. Not just the faith, all of this world GRRM has created. But that's part of what makes it so fascinating, right?

My god, how can you all be so smart?

Everytime I log onto here after reading a chapter I am absolutely amazed at all the awesome things I didn't pick up. Mance in Winterfell, Frey Pie, Reek is Theon (in the first Reek chapter) and now UnGregor. Never had an idea until you spelled it out for me here. I now get the feeling that whenever someone complained that "nothing happened in ADwD" it's just because they were as dumb as I am and just didn't notice all the stuff going on! :D

But if she's really got a Gronster in her dungeons, how can she be so sure it will be ready to fight? The thing must have been quite close to being finished when she left off. Loras against an undead Mountain? Holy moly.

And I STILL hope the Hound is still alive somewhere and pops up just in time to save the day and chop up Gregorstein in handy little pieces. A girl can dream, right? *sighs*

I missed a bunch of stuff too on my first read. I think I was so excited about what was coming next, and I read to fast and missed some things. But on my re-read I've learned WAY more than on my first. Plus after reading the first 5, you know characters that are important, or at least still alive by the end of Dance, so you can pay more attention on the re-read. I've got in the habit of reading a chapter or two, then coming on here and seeing if I missed anything.

But if Maggy the Frog's prediction is correct, then Cersei can't die in her trial-by-combat, nor be found guilty by the Faith.

Maggy says something like: You'll be queen until another comes, younger and more beautiful , to cast you down and take all you hold dear"

So if Dany is the younger more beautiful queen, then Cersei can't be torn down by her unless she still has some sort of power. I suppose that Margaery could be the queen(which I originally thought), and then she might say something at Cersei's trial to condemn her. But I think that Dany will be the Queen that is prophesied. And if it is, then Cersei will need to still be Queen when Dany comes.

And Kevan made a great point when he said: "whatever the outcome(of the trial), you'r rule is at an end"

So I'm thinking her trial will be some sort of crazy if she does indeed become Queen again

• 5 months later...

Wow. I also hadn't thought much of The Mountain. I honestly believed that it was his head that was sent to Dorne. I had hoped that that would be the end of him. He was probably one of the few completely evil characters in the book.

I, like many of you, was excited for this Cersei chapter for a few reasons. The main being that I wanted to see what was happening in King's Landing. I'm a huge fan of House Tyrell and was dying to know if Margaery had somehow escaped being tried for treason and if Loras had made a recovery. Also, I enjoy Cersei's madness, of course. She [and Arianne and Sansa] really made AFFC for me.

I am torn on how much I want her to suffer. I feel bad that she's being put through all of this. But I remind myself that it's definitely deserved! I know a lot of it may because she truly wants to protect her children, but her quest for complete power has gotten too complicated. My friend asks me if I want her to die and I can never give a definite answer. Her PoV is fascinating but she's so evil. All I know is that she should be nowhere near the Iron Throne at the end of the series. :)

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like GRRM has slipped a couple of leaves from Gitmo to the High Spa...Septon.

I can't help to agree with Tyrion once again: give me corrupt priests, it's the ones with true faith that cause trouble.

And as much as i would like to, i can't take joy on what's happening to Cersei. Her mental health has been deteriorating rapidly since Jeoffry died, and now, after her all these days of imprisionment and sleep/sensorial deprivation, she's a shell of a human being. Surely she can still think and scheme but her grip on reality is gone for good, i'm afraid. I wouldn't be surprised if she now believed that the Blue Bard's confession is true, that Marghaery wants to hurt Tommen and get the throne for herself and that Tyrion is actually behind it all.

Archived