[ADWD SPOILERS] The Griffin Reborn

Xray the Enforcer

Well shit is certainly getting real now. Targaryen invasion is finally in full swing after all these years and I never thought it would be without Dany leading the charge. Nice to see Griff get his castle back and was also cool to have more fond Rhaegar memories. I'm really curious to find out who Lady Lemore/Septa Lemore is and who her child is.

Am I the only one thinking Jon Connington had.. um... feelings for Rhaegar? Or is it normal for him to think about Rhaegar's eyes, Rhaegar's silvery hair in the wind, and how he wanted Rhaegar's love?

It's not just you. GRRM confirmed it at his NYC signing. There's a thread about it in the ADWD big forum, but tread lightly there (in the bigger forum, not that thread), as there are many spoilers if you're not done reading.

It's not just you. GRRM confirmed it at his NYC signing. There's a thread about it in the ADWD big forum, but tread lightly there (in the bigger forum, not that thread), as there are many spoilers if you're not done reading.

Woah, amazing. Could they have been lovers or was it just unrequited love? Rhaegar does seem a little bit on the queer side. And if R+L=J, he could've named Jon Snow after his true love :)

I've got a couple of chapters to go, so I'm not going to the big forum just yet (but definitely later this night).

Woah, amazing. Could they have been lovers or was it just unrequited love? Rhaegar does seem a little bit on the queer side. And if R+L=J, he could've named Jon Snow after his true love :)

I've got a couple of chapters to go, so I'm not going to the big forum just yet (but definitely later this night).

It was unrequited, according to George. Which makes Jon's plight and story all the more tragic to me.

So Griff's taken the Stormlord's entrance to the GoT? Has that ever worked out for anyone? Seems like they're always getting spanked by everyone, and have Tyrell branded on their cheeks.

Even Robert needed the North, the Vale, the Riverlands and a sleeping Lion to win. Granted he didn't have elephants, or Dorne.

Estermont, Tarth, Griffon's Roost. Names to inspire wonder, as in I wonder where that is. Poor 'dead' Davos though, as the Stannis' Hand his family won't be worth much as hostages.

"The dragon has three heads."

In this chapter, we learn from Connington that Elia was sickly and could not have given Rhaegar a third child after Rhaenys and Aegon. Is it possible this is why Rhaegar ran off with Lyanna? To complete the prophecy? To join Targaryen and Stark, fire and ice?

"The dragon has three heads."

In this chapter, we learn from Connington that Elia was sickly and could not have given Rhaegar a third child after Rhaenys and Aegon. Is it possible this is why Rhaegar ran off with Lyanna? To complete the prophecy? To join Targaryen and Stark, fire and ice?

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Good chapter. I am forseeing that Aegon/Jon C. will start the war for getting back the Iron Throne and Dany will join up with them....since we all know she is taking FOREVER to get to westeros.

Oh and nice observation about Jon being gay. Didn't catch that. Poor guy, unreq. love is so tragic.

Love the chapter! At last, a Targ in Westeros!!

Even without Martin confirming it, it was obvious that Connington loved Rhaegar.... thinking about the prince's silvery hair and his deep blue eyes was something that Sansa would think

An attack to Storm's End... nice!

Am I the only one thinking Jon Connington had.. um... feelings for Rhaegar? Or is it normal for him to think about Rhaegar's eyes, Rhaegar's silvery hair in the wind, and how he wanted Rhaegar's love?

It's not just you. GRRM confirmed it at his NYC signing.

It was unrequited, according to George. Which makes Jon's plight and story all the more tragic to me.

And if R+L=J, he could've named Jon Snow after his true love :)

I came in here thinking this was an awesome chapter... and you guys blew my mind! Especially that last one, seems so obvious now! Not going near the general forum til I'm done, but wow wow wow!

Love Jon Connington as a character, although I'm slightly unsure about Aegon now- seems like he's gonna get quite arrogant quite quickly, unfortunately.

I think they'll be like, "hey we're the men Stannis hired to lift the siege of storms end and secure the stormlands. *lifts gate* slaughter ensues and knees bend

Seems like a reasonable suggestion to me, after they're done killing the small force that Mace left. Though I would hope Aegon tries to avoid a slaughter - but if these guys have remained loyal to a guy like Stannis for so long, then it might be unavoidable.

One thing I thought was interesting was the conversation between the Halfmaester and Jon. Since the end of ASOS I've thought that the Lannister's position appears much stronger than it really is, but the Halfmaester really brought it home. I think they're going to fall soon. Not sure how exactly it will happen.

And when he borached the subject of Aegon's marriage, my immediate thought was Margaery Targaryen has a nice ring to it. She's been married three times without consummation - fourth time lucky?

I just reread this chapter. It really is awesome. But dammit, man, cut off those fingers!!

Seriously! I really don't get his viewpoint of "oh, I'll be seen as less of a man if I cut off my fingers"...yes, but you will be ALIVE. So that all works out IMO!

Even Robert needed the North, the Vale, the Riverlands and a sleeping Lion to win. Granted he didn't have elephants, or Dorne.

Robert had to face a king from a well-established lineage, with still a lot of loyal supporters; a king ruling over a country rich after decades of relative peace. Aegon and Connington will face a boy king of dubious legitimacy surrounded by a scheming and backstabbing court, ruling over the tattered remains of a war-torn kingdom.

A good chapter. I like Jon C as a POV.

Good insights into the past, which is always nice. I like hearing about Rhaegar, and the mention on how Tywin would have handled things speaks volumes.

Its got to be intentionally ambiguous here too about his name being Jon. Is it Ned naming his bastard after Jon Arryn, or Rhaegar after his best friend?

Although the longer the series goes on the more I wouldn't be shocked if Jon's parentage is never even fully revealed.

I guess this chapter answers my concern about the last chapter, however. I was wondering who, if anyone, the Martells could align with if Quentyn's asinine plan even works. It sounds like Jon & Aegon wouldn't mind if they show up with a Dragon.

Archived