[ADWD SPOILERS] The Kingbreaker

Xray the Enforcer

• 2 weeks later...
GRRM really is a sneaky mean old bastard and I mean this in a very loving way. Once he got us all used to main characters dying like flies, now he has me all suspicious because noone of significance has died in a long time. Really worrying, almost creepier than the bloodfeast of ASoS. The book has been extremely dark, creepy and unnerving so far.

Agreed! I am so worried for Barristan now! Here's to hoping he's too badass to die! :)

And YEA about the dragons! Can't wait to see what they will do ....

• 3 weeks later...

Barristan is my admittedly rather old fashioned idea of a real knight. I loved his line "It is chivalry that makes a true knight, not a sword."

I'm still very unsure as to who poisoned those locusts. A lot of threads to tie up in the next two books....

To be fair, I don't know about you lot but I'm still hazy on who exactly was behind the poisoning of Joffrey so I won't be holding my breath :ohwell: All these intrigues are partly what keeps me reading though so I like them!

• 1 month later...

To be fair, I don't know about you lot but I'm still hazy on who exactly was behind the poisoning of Joffrey so I won't be holding my breath :ohwell: All these intrigues are partly what keeps me reading though so I like them!

I thought it was the Queen of Thorns?

• 1 month later...

One line that still has me confused is

"The Red Keep had its secrets too. Even Rhaegar. The Price of Dragonstone had never trusted him as he had trusted Arthur Dayne. Harrenhall was proof of that."

What happened at harrenhall to prove he trusted Arthur more the Selmy? I feel like that line has significance about what happened to Lyanna but I can't figure out how/why.

Also just wanted to see what everyone thought about the following line.

"His fair lady had thrown herself from a tower soon after, mad with grief for the child she had lost, and perhaps for the man who had dishonored her at harrenhal as well."

So basically he is saying that she was greiving for her stillborne daughter as well as whoever impregnated her. Didn't Brandon Stark die right at this time? Who else died around this time? Arthur Dayne?

Also keep in mind all it says is that she might of looked to Selmy instead of Stark. It doesn't say Stark was the one who 'dishonored' her only that she looked to him. Could he possibly mean looked to him for help instead of love?

Wasn't it Ned Stark who killed Arthur? Who killed Brandon?

I think that Rhaegar did not mistrust Selmy. Just that Rhaegar knew Selmy was not a thinker and too straight to understand the "Good of the Realm".

Selmy would consider it Treason to remove Mad king from the Throne.

• 4 months later...
So glad someone brought up this line:

"The Red Keep had its secrets too. Even Rhaegar. The Prince of Dragonstone had never trusted him as he had trusted Arthur Dayne. Harrenhall was proof of that."

What happened at harrenhall to prove he trusted Arthur more than Selmy? I feel like that line has significance about what happened to Lyanna but I can't figure out how/why.

I could be totally off here, but is the tower of joy at harrenhal? Its hard to keep track of timelines and locations (reread in order... what else am i gonna do while i wait for WoW.) Im team R+L=J, so if ToJ=harrenhal, i think R didnt trust many with the knowledge of L, and thats how Ned snuck J out after L died presumably along with R and aerys and the danger of being a targ baby leaving ned with the only option of passing jon off as his own bastard.

• 1 month later...

I could be totally off here, but is the tower of joy at harrenhal? Its hard to keep track of timelines and locations (reread in order... what else am i gonna do while i wait for WoW.) Im team R+L=J, so if ToJ=harrenhal, i think R didnt trust many with the knowledge of L, and thats how Ned snuck J out after L died presumably along with R and aerys and the danger of being a targ baby leaving ned with the only option of passing jon off as his own bastard.

Tower of Joy is not at Harrenhall.It is close to red mountains of Dorne

• 4 weeks later...

After reading this chapter, I think I have the whole lot solved.

To win at cyvasse you have to control the centre stage... and not show up your dragons too soon. (Dragons = Targ, Har)

The centre is Harrenhall; everything comes from and goes to Harrehall.

(You must have noticed that Selmy is not too clever, to say the least; don't have to take his thoughts at face value)

As a start, King Aeron was f**king mad.

Relevant men in the kingdom were Jon Arryn, Rickart Stark, Hoster Tully and Tywin Lannister.

Rhaegar was kinda bright prince: he had strenght, beauty, charm,...

Rhaegar's wife, Elia, was sweet but feeble, sickly.

Ashara Dayne was a beautifull highborn lady at Elia's service,... and Rhaegar's lover. She's having his child.

There's a conspiracy to oust the mad king and put Rhaegar in his place.

A tourney is held in Harrenhall to crown Rhaegar.

And then, everything goes to the dogs.

Aeron suspects and decides to go to Harrenhall and frustrate the plot.

Aeron gives the white cloak to Jaime, just to bugger Tywin. Then he sends him to KL, just to bugger him.

Lyanna enters the lists in disguise to punish those who have mistreated Howland Reed.

Rhaegar goes after the Knight of the Laughing Tree, discovers Lyanna, and fells in love whit her madly. They stay aside during the ball (praying?, har)

Next day, Rhaegar wins the tourney, gives the flowers to Lyanna, and earns Ned's and Robert's hatred for this.

Conspiracy blows out, and soon after, Robert's rebelion starts.

Some time after,...

Lyanna is in the Tower of Joy giving birth to Rhaegar's son, and dying from it. Ned promises her to keep him hidden, because she fears that Robert would kill the child if he knows.

Ashara was in her family's casttle in order to hide her pregnancy. Or perhaps she already has Rhaegar's SON.

Ned takes Dawn to Ashara and finds Wylla as a nurse for Jon. Then he goes to KL.

When he comes back to Starfall to get Jon, he tells about the fate of Rhaegar's family. I don't believe the baby's swap; too risky for Varis.

Ashara decides to feint a suicide and her family tell everyone she miscarried a girl. She flees with her son = Septa Melara and Young Griff

What means "Children of three"? Rhaegar has children with Elia, Ashara and Lyanna?

• 2 months later...

I think that Rhaegar did not mistrust Selmy. Just that Rhaegar knew Selmy was not a thinker and too straight to understand the "Good of the Realm".

Selmy would consider it Treason to remove Mad king from the Throne.

Selmy had won a tourney before Harrenhal and Rhaegar misliked him for that but when Rhaegar won the tourney at Harrenhall and named Lyanna Stark queen of beauty and honor or whatever it was. Selmy thought that unwise while Arthur Dayne understood what Rhaegar was doing and why he needed to do it. Selmy takes order, he should never give them

• 1 month later...

Archived