[ADWD SPOILERS] The Queen's Hand

Xray the Enforcer

I assumed this too but some people think the corpses could be Daario and the other hostages. I'm not sure if this is more or less devious.

that's what i was thinking too.

Now, couldn't all this have happened like 20 Dany chapters ago?

• 2 weeks later...

The quote from AGOT is:

"This is not life, for one who was as Drogo was...When will he be as he was?" Dany demanded.

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," said Mirri Maz Duur. "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before."

I don't think that's a prophecy and don't think the other things (Drogo returning "as he was") will happen. On the other hand, maybe this is a prophecy and Mirri Maz Duur mistook another Dothraki for Drogo in some vision.

Neat connection either way.

My feeling is that even if this WAS a prediction suggesting that Drogo could actually come out of his vegetative state, the fact that Dany killed Drogo thereafter might have nullified the prophecy's potency.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I really like Baristan, great refreshing POV, but he made foolish mistake offering place in Council to Green Grace. She is evil!

Exactly what I thought about the Green Grace...i think she is the Sons of Harpy leader.

I would assume the bodies thrown via trebuchets are dead bodies that have the disease, so they wreck the city (like the Mongols, they used that tactics to subdue cities).

Why throw the hostages? Who knows where they land, how they land, will they be recognizable, will their bodies ever reach the king or the council? It may well be Barristan never learns who the bodies were.

Regarding the prophecy, I do believe that the return of Drogo is in fact Drogon the black dragon, OR some other love for Danaerys,

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly what I thought about the Green Grace...i think she is the Sons of Harpy leader.

Yeah, I didn't think that I was the only one with that theory. It's sounding more and more as if she is the Harpy herself.

• 1 month later...

I didn't read all the posts on this thread, but has anyone thought about Mirri Maz Dur's prophecy?

Obviously the Sun setting in the East is Quentyn dying in Essos, but this one also makes since:

"...When the seas go dry and the mountains blow in the wind like leaves."

Could the mountain blowing in the wind be the pyramid that the dragons burned?

-Green Grace "The pyramid of Hazkar has collapsed into a smoking ruin"

+ the ashes and burned brick dust could be the "blowing in the wind like leaves"

When I first read what MMD told Dany after Drogo and her child died, I figured it just meant that Drogo would never be as he was, like someone saying "that will happen when pigs fly". But who knows

I liked that we finally get to see Arch and Drink's true natures through Selmy's wise old eyes. From Quent's POV Arch always just seemed to be the slow witted strong-arm guy and Gerris was Quent's BFF. But now we find out that it was Arch who cradled Quent in his arms as he was dieing, burning himself in the process, and who shows himself as a true knight when Slemy talks to them in the cell. (Damn it made myself tear up again thinking about Arch holding the prince as he was burning) I know a lot of people could've done without the Quentyn POVs but I really liked him. He wasn't dashing or charming and nobody saw him as the hero and everyone including himself talks about how frightened he was by the dragons, but what was it Bran said to Ned...“Bran thought about it. 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'

'That is the only time a man can be brave,' his father told him.” And I think Selmy saw that in Quent too. He knew why he did what he did, for his family and for the iron throne.

• 5 months later...

Ser Barristan is definitely one of my favorite characters to root for now. He better return to the Kingsguard as Dany's Commander when she returns to Westeros as Queen. :bowdown:

Ugh the prophecy seems so coincidental? I mean, I want Drogo and Dany to be together but him returning seems kind of farfetched.

These cliffhangers...................

• 4 months later...

Bye bye Quentyn as predicted in the previous Dragontamer chapter. He wasn't a hateful character by any means, quite "normal", someone we can relate to, but ultimately, not strong enough. Agree that it's touching how Arch accompanies him in his last few hours. Horrible death, burning. It makes the sacrifices to Rh'llor by the followers of the Lord of Light (in the lake where Stannis is) even more loathsome.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Major bump!

Loved the Barristan chapters, really made these last few 200 pages fly by! :D The thing that held me back so long were the back to back Greyjoy-chapters. Theon/Asha, Asha/Vicky, while nice and oft epic, I don't want to read about the Greyjoy's for 40 pages straight..

Poor Archie.. Such a sad cow..

that's what i was thinking too.

Now, couldn't all this have happened like 20 Dany chapters ago?

Nah, Dany needed to learn how to rule.. Aka learn what kinds of snitches and tricksters are at court, and knowing what they're planning. Obviously she failed. Get ready for Merenese Knot 2.0, aka the Pentoshi Knot!

Dany: "Geeh, Barristan went ahead and offered the Tootie Prince Pentos, when I specifically said no - just because he wanted Jhogo, Daario, and who back? Seriously? We now need to go up to Pentos before sacking the shift out of Westeros? Was he forgetting that I owe Magister Illyrio Pentos? What the F***, decisions, decisions.. I could always burn the Tootie Prince though.."

My feeling is that even if this WAS a prediction suggesting that Drogo could actually come out of his vegetative state, the fact that Dany killed Drogo thereafter might have nullified the prophecy's potency.

That could be a good idea! :P

The infamous Mereneese knot has come to an end, I assume. Barristan. I love you.

Not quite, Dany still has all her troups at Meereen.. While she isn't.. So my guess is that the Tyrion/Barristan/Victarion-chapters will continue to be in Meereen for quite a while. But lets hope they leave soon. I think it is clear that with the Kraken, the Lion, the Dark Flame there she should be set to leave the slaver's bay with fortunate winds in her back.

"The trebuchets", the Shavepate growled. "All six."

It has to be the hostages. "All six" of them.

But there are only three hostages left?

Yeah, I didn't think that I was the only one with that theory. It's sounding more and more as if she is the Harpy herself.

Harpy's generally are female.. so yeah. :P

the mountain blowing in the wind=Robert Strong destroyed

When the sea goes dry=Drogon destroys the

Definitely not THE mountain. It's the pyramids.. The "prophecy" mentions multiple.. There can only be one GREGOR!

Archived