2011 Emmy Nominations

Westeros

The 2011 Emmy nominations are out, and Game of Thrones was well-represented with nominations in 13 categories, including getting a hold of the much-coveted Best Drama nomination, plus nominations for executive producers and lead writers David Benioff and Dan Weiss, for director Timothy van Patten, and for actor Peter Dinklage. Congratulations to everyone nominated! You’ll find the full list below.

read on >>>

Visit the Site!

13 Nominations!!! that is sweet.

While I don't think it will win in the Best Drama catagory, I do think Dinklage has a real chance to win.

I am hoping that with these nominations and with the (hopeful) awards it will get, that this will seal the likelihood that they will complete the entire series.

I'm fairly shocked Game of Thrones didn't get an Art Direction nomination. That one seems like a no brainer.

I'm not terribly surprised it missed out on Score, Missing out on Main Title Theme music nomination is a sore point for me.

I'd have liked to see a cinematography nomination, but with BE pulling down three there just wasn't much room for the competition.

But the only real surprise was missing Art Direction. :-/

Wow, congratulations across the board for all the nominations.

It is too bad some that seemed like they should be locks for at least a nomination got left out, but there is always next season....

I was really rooting for Sean. As we know, this season was his only chance! <_<

About Sean, Salon said:

I mean seriously, people. He was the moral compass of the show, and its heart. It's damned hard to make goodness as interesting and exciting as Bean did.

Nice way of putting it and I totally agree. He just got better and better as the season wore on and you can't ignore the fact that so many were outraged at his fate. You have to chalk that up to the man's acting. I also felt that he gave Boromir such a fantastic dimension that I don't think was in Tolkien's book. I was glad he got a SAG award out of that (thanks to Peter putting him for a flashback in ROTK).

:bowdown:

The main title sequence got nominated but not the music? Weird. Of all the noms, that title sequence has to win! It's downright amazing.

I can understand Bean's exclusion, and it's not that I don't think he did poorly, he did pretty well, but I can't put his material up next to Buscemi in Boardwalk Empire or Hamm in Mad Men or Cranston in Breaking Bad of yesterseason and find it comparable. Bean was certainly good and sometimes wonderful, but I don't think he was as amazing as some of those other guys, I don't think the role pushed him there for one. He anchored the show if anyone did, but that in itself is more about placement than about achievement.

Dinklage, well he played a scene stealer.

I am one of those that found Baelor only good instead of brilliant. I basically see B&W's nomination there as for the last scene only. TVP's direction of the pilot, well I'd have to rewatch it again to comment.

I'd definitely have expected an Arya nomination, for such a young girl to play such a role so well is impressive even without knowing that she apparently has little to no acting experience beforehand

fantasy and sci-fi are often snubbed by such awards though, so it's great to see Game Of Thrones getting so many nominations even though it deserves more

Archived