Post AFFC Theory Crafting

Stark Bannerman

So, after finishing AFFC, I have a couple things in mind I wanted to throw out. This very well may have already been discussed in an earlier thread.

First, my gut tells me that Rhaegar and Ned Stark's sister conceived Jon Snow out of love. Ned's sister last wishes were that he protect Jon's identity as dragons were getting knocked off left and right. It was hinted by Cersei that Rhaegar "gave a second" look to the wolf girl in AFFC and if Rhaegar was as awesome as he is described, what girl would not want him? This makes Jon Snow the heir to the Iron Throne. If this is true, I can not figure who may know this other than maybe Barristan Selmy?? Therefore, if it is true can it ever be brought to light? It does explain the constant riddle around Jon Snow's mother and Ned Stark's releuctance to ever speak of her. Ned Stark was way to honorable (see geeting head chopped off in book 1) to have an affair on Cat so that supports the theory too.

Anyway, so how does Dany tie in? Well it is well documented that the Targareyn's bred through incest. Wouldn't it be crazy if there is a per chance meeting of Dany and Jon, they fall in love and find out after that they are Aunt and Nephew? Everything comes full circle and the Targareyn's rule again.

As for the Lannister's, I feel like without Tywin and Jamie's swordhand, they are pretty much screwed. I think Arya becomes a super assasin and maybe kills Cersei and possibly Jamie herself, Sansa gets wrapped up in LF's plots and schemes and learns how to play the Game of Thrones- but she does not win and in the Game of Thrones you win or... you know the rest. As for Bran and Cat, who the hell knows. I see those three houses as the main plot, the rest are just sub plots that help move the story along. I have not started Dance yet, but I have high expectations of the book and can't wait, just taking a break between novels as I just finished AFFC this week.

Anyone else finished with AFFC and not started Dance yet care to make any predictions?

• 2 weeks later...

I can see how you might think that about Jon, but i think it is remarked plenty of times that Jon looks very similar to Ned. On top of that, Targaryens all i have a specific look to them, they are blond, and as we know from this story, the Seed is Strong haha. It is also mentioned to Arya by some character in Beric Dondarions company that he knew Jons Mother and that they shared a wet nurse. Not to mention if Lyanna and Rhaegar actually loved each other it entirely undermines Roberts rebellion. Plus we know the name of Jons mothers isnt it Wyalla or something like that?

I can see how you might think that about Jon, but i think it is remarked plenty of times that Jon looks very similar to Ned. On top of that, Targaryens all i have a specific look to them, they are blond, and as we know from this story, the Seed is Strong haha. It is also mentioned to Arya by some character in Beric Dondarions company that he knew Jons Mother and that they shared a wet nurse. Not to mention if Lyanna and Rhaegar actually loved each other it entirely undermines Roberts rebellion. Plus we know the name of Jons mothers isnt it Wyalla or something like that?

Don't take everything that comes out of a character's mouth for granted. All I have to say. Minds, obviously, are slightly more reliable. Mouths lie, while minds rarely do.

Also, the Seed is Strong refers to Baratheon seed.

One hole in this theory:

Ned could have made up any story for bringing Jon home to Winterfell. Why would he choose a cover that would be so painful for both himself and Catelyn? He could have just told everyone that he picked up Jon on the side of the road.

I do want him to somehow be Targaryan however.. it would tie alot of things together, wouldn't it?

I love the argument that Jon resembles Ned, and that negates Lyanna being the mother. Think hard on that...

My other fav is why didn't Ned just tell Cat the truth and save her all the pain? As a married man, I can only imagine how convincing the "truth" would be to my wife:

"OK, honey, I'm bringing home a new baby and I have to tell everyone he's my bastard, but he's not. And seriously, this has to be our secret. The deal is, Lyanna wasn't really kidnapped by Rheagar, she was in love with the dude and he knocked her up. Well he's gonna look like a Stark anway, he's Lyanna's....They eloped to Dorne and shacked up at this tower...anyway, she died in birthing him, and Robert killed Rhaegar at the Trident, so noone living knows the truth but you and me...weellll, Arty D and his crew, but me an' Howler took 'em out...yes all of them. I don't know why they fought us, either...Well, hell yeah he's a legit heir...cuz I PROMISED her...cuz Robert would kill him and me, too probably, GDit, he's Rhaegar friggin' Targaryen's KID...but...but Snowfishy...you know I don't roll like that...don't start with the Ashara shit, that's ancient history...actually, she's dead, too...<Ka-LICK!> honey...hello?...

I love the argument that Jon resembles Ned, and that negates Lyanna being the mother. Think hard on that...

My other fav is why didn't Ned just tell Cat the truth and save her all the pain? As a married man, I can only imagine how convincing the "truth" would be to my wife:

"OK, honey, I'm bringing home a new baby and I have to tell everyone he's my bastard, but he's not. And seriously, this has to be our secret. The deal is, Lyanna wasn't really kidnapped by Rheagar, she was in love with the dude and he knocked her up. Well he's gonna look like a Stark anway, he's Lyanna's....They eloped to Dorne and shacked up at this tower...anyway, she died in birthing him, and Robert killed Rhaegar at the Trident, so noone living knows the truth but you and me...weellll, Arty D and his crew, but me an' Howler took 'em out...yes all of them. I don't know why they fought us, either...Well, hell yeah he's a legit heir...cuz I PROMISED her...cuz Robert would kill him and me, too probably, GDit, he's Rhaegar friggin' Targaryen's KID...but...but Snowfishy...you know I don't roll like that...don't start with the Ashara shit, that's ancient history...actually, she's dead, too...<Ka-LICK!> honey...hello?...

I lol'd.

I was just thinking how much easier Brienne's journey would have been if she only had Twitter.

I always thought it was interesting that Jon is the only 'Stark kid' that looks like..well a Stark lol. To me that kind of indicates that something has to be up with him, either that or Tully blood is really really strong. I dunno, just my thoughts, I'm still in the middle of AFFC though so who knows what I haven't found out yet thats mostly common knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really hoping that Jon takes the celibacy thing a little more seriously this time. I understand that those fire kissed wildlings can be one thing but a Targ outcast trying to return to claim the throne is another.

The thing is that the Dragon's head needs three people to control it. It would be interesting if a guy like Victarion came into the picture to help her out. Can you imagine that guy riding a dragon?

What I want is some dragon fights...dragon versus dragon, dragon versus people, or dragon versus kraken! I would take any of those.

I always thought it was interesting that Jon is the only 'Stark kid' that looks like..well a Stark lol. To me that kind of indicates that something has to be up with him, either that or Tully blood is really really strong. I dunno, just my thoughts, I'm still in the middle of AFFC though so who knows what I haven't found out yet thats mostly common knowledge.

Except that Arya looks like a Stark as well. Ned comments on the fact that she reminds him of Lyanna both in looks and in attitude. I think it's pretty telling that Arya seems to miss Jon the most out of all of her siblings as well and they have a good relationship.

Maybe that was part of the promise he made her, never tell anyone.

It was the Mad King that took Lyanna Stark captive and had her executed. He may have done it (in part) to torment his son, who was only a prince at the time.

pretty sure rhaegar had lyanna held at the tower of joy in dorne while he was fighting robert. the mad king was in king's landing.

• 2 years later...

I can see how you might think that about Jon, but i think it is remarked plenty of times that Jon looks very similar to Ned.

It's mentioned that Jon and Ned look the same, but it also mentioned how Arya and Jon look the same and how Arya and Lyanna look the same, meaning that Jon looks like Lyanna (Except male) so the R+L=J theory could still be true, I don't think it is, but it could be

I know I'm about 3 years late, but THIS was HILARIOUS!!!! "Snowfishy"??? As a french cat would say... L'MAO!!!!!!

It's mentioned that Jon and Ned look the same, but it also mentioned how Arya and Jon look the same and how Arya and Lyanna look the same, meaning that Jon looks like Lyanna (Except male) so the R+L=J theory could still be true, I don't think it is, but it could be

^^^This. I don't know why, but I never forgot how Arya was told she looked like Lyanna. And like jakmanuk (what in the heck does that stand for?? I think that's a name. Idk.) stated, Arya and Jon look alike, so.... Jon looks like his mother... bla-dow!!! Guess that Targaryan (sp) seed ain't as strong as the North's!!!!!

Archived