[ADWD Spoilers] Lord Manderly

When I first read the feast scene, I thought Manderly had laced the goddamn food with poison (looks like Roose thought the same thing), and was gonna suicide himself to kill everyone else at the table.

When I realised they were eating Frey pie, it blew my mind.

Don't ask what's in the pie people. Just eat.

What an epic dude. I was thinking after Feast that he likely lied about killing Davos and was still a Stark supporter, but he nearly got me good with his act in front of the Freys. I was thinking he might actually do it if the Freys were supervising him and Bolton was close by, but as soon as he made that look of disgust towards Rheagar Frey I knew he'd spare Davos.

Frey pie was hilarious, I hope he let's Hosteen in on his new"recipe" before offing him and the rest of the Freys.

And that quote after Little Walder was killed was so badass. Definitely one of the best supporting characters in this novel.

Thank God for the Davos chapters! I had begun to think there were no heroic Northmen left. I loved these chapters and am eagerly looking forward to where this goes next. Manderly reminds me of the Godfather. Remember the horse head? Instead we get man pies.

My favorite lines are where he talks about the Frey cockroaches.

"They infest my city like roaches, and at night I feel them crawling over me." The fat man's fingers coiled into a fist, and all of his chins trembled.

"The north remembers, and the mummer's farce is almost done. My son is home."

Oh, yeah he has more plans than just Rickon to take out the Bolton's and Frey's and I am looking forward to seeing how they unfold. I am so glad that someone is finally looking for Rickon. I just hope that he has not become a cannibal.

Freys as food. Wow, just think of the possibilities: fricaseed Frey, fillet of Frey, Frey souflee, Frey al dente...weasel soup...

If food runs low at Winterfell I'd hate to be them. If Manderly lets the rest of the Northerners know about the pie, would they really care? They aren't exactly popular...

Freys as food. Wow, just think of the possibilities: fricaseed Frey, fillet of Frey, Frey souflee, Frey al dente...weasel soup...

If food runs low at Winterfell I'd hate to be them. If Manderly lets the rest of the Northerners know about the pie, would they really care? They aren't exactly popular...

If horseflesh is supposed give you strength and stamina, does Frey pie makes you more treacherous and conniving?

Loved his entire arc. Loved how someone dismissed as fat and hence benign was real steel, in the end.

I am proud to say I knew about the Frey pie immediately, on first read. Like others I thought he'd poisoned the food and was willing to die if it meant killing the Boltons/Freys. But when he asked for a song about the Rat Cook...

Gah! I just shot up and yelled, I was that psyched.

The North Remembers indeed. I have to say, all the glimpses of loyalty to Ned really got to me in this one. He might be dead, but honour and decency count.

I will be absolutely gutted if something goes wrong in Skagos and Rickon dies. Please, we need a bit of triumph, GRRM!

I find it funny that everybody - me included - started to like him so much when he actually showed his worst as well as his best in ADWD... he might be a loyal and family-loving man but he's also a murderer and a cannibal! ;)

Murderer yes. But cannibal? Definitely no. Unless you classify Freys as humans. Which will require rewriting a lot of biology books.

Archived