[ADWD Spoilers] Jon, Stannis, Melisandre

Lesionaire

I just think it would be so fitting for Stannis to meet his end at the hands of the same fanatical nut he put his faith in.

Back to Jon: in the show tonight, all these crow remarks made me think of something. What if 'the dragon has 3 heads' refers to Jon and Jon alone? He was a wolf, then a crow, then possibly...

a dragon

Or if you don't want to consider Jon a true wolf since he was raised a bastard and didn't have the family name, he might become a legitimized Stark from Robb's will.

• 2 years later...

R'hllor, The Other, Jon "Snow", Melisandre

"Man once again faces the war for the dawn, which has been waged since time began. On one side is the Lord of Light, the Heart of Fire, the God of Flame and Shadow. Against him stands the Great Other, whose name may not be spoken. The Lord of Darkness, the Soul of Ice, the God of Night and Terror."

―Thoros of My

The Great Other is the god of darkness, cold, evil, fear and death in the faith of R'hllor.[1][2]

Can we say that "the other" and the others/white walkers/ whites, and namely their leader (based of the tv show) are one in the same? If this theory is somewhere else, I haven't read it or somehow I skipped over it

I don't get why so many people think of Mel is a sympathetic character. Pretty clear to me she is one of the bad guys because she serves an evil god.

I also think the primary POV at the wall will be neither her nor Jon (who is dead). I think it will likely be Val.

It can only be if it is a prologue, because there are not going to be new POVs in the next book.

I think you may have the right of it--Bran's help makes the most sense as device to bring House Starks back together again while defending the realm from the Others/White Walkers scourge. Jon could be "resurrected" as Jon Stark, Lord of Winterfell, as Robb (and Stannis) had intended, and take back his castle. Zombie Cat won't be happy about it at all either, which makes for good plotlines, but the truth of his parentage could ultimately soften her position.

To imagine the direction Jon's storyline may go, then be completely blown away when he actually stays dead and gone--I will be devastated!

:agree:

As I've said on another thread I think the significance of this has been missed in the rush to proclaim Jon as the true AA.

Mel went looking for Stannis, however she chose to address him, but the vision business isn't straightforward and she ended up seeing the weirwood and the face and the eyes, the warging, a lot of death, a lot of skulls and then finally in the middle of them, Jon Snow; but she didn't just see Jon, there was that chorus of voices speaking his name.

I just can't shake off this business of Mel explaining to Davos that the name of the Great Other must never be spoken, and here we have Jon's name being spoken amongst all these skulls/images of death. Its been interpreted as Mel seeing that Jon is in danger - but what if Jon is the danger?

Danger to whom? To Mel? Probably. But I doubt that he will be a danger to the mankind. All the things he did were directed to save people, all kind of living beings. Why would that change after his death? Cat in her last minute went mad with grief and became obsessed with revenge on Freys after. According to that logic Jon could be obsessed with executing the black brothers for treason (like Janos Slynt); additionally, he was not mad with grief or any kind of mad, just confused in the end. I presume, Black Crow, you advocate the idea that he will become a bad guy, along with Bran (heresy, am I right?)? I keep thinking that it will be Dany who will go that way.

Archived