[ADWD SPOILERS] Where Is Rickon?

eddardstark

I think Skagos is the one most set up, but I'm still hoping for it being Hardhome. It'd link a few threads together quite nicely if nothing else and Osha would know of it plus it has the prerequisite rumors of cannibalism -of course, she'd also be nuts to choose to go there from what we seem to know, but still!

I think Skagos is the one most set up, but I'm still hoping for it being Hardhome. It'd link a few threads together quite nicely if nothing else and Osha would know of it plus it has the prerequisite rumors of cannibalism -of course, she'd also be nuts to choose to go there from what we seem to know, but still!

I am still favoring Skagos as it is the only place named in the books for cannbalism. Hardhome is a recent addition to cannibalism and this is not known outside of the NW. This quote says to me that it is a place widely believed to engage in cannibilism.

For half a hearbeat Davos considered asking Wyman Manderly to send him back to the Wolf's Den, to Ser Bartimus with his tales and Garth with his lethal ladies. In the Den even prisoners ate prridge in the morning. But there were other places in this world where men were known to break their fast on human flesh.

According to the Wiki AFFC was year 300 and ADWD went beyond this so since the books began in 298 it is likely that approximately 3 years give or take have passed. Rickon is likely 6 by ADWD ending, if he is still alive. I think is is alive and I wouldn't be surprised if Asha trys to ransom him to Davos. She wanted to ransom Bran when she and her wilding buds showed up in the Winterfell forest and found him alone.

I am replying to my own post rather than the other posts questioned how many years because it has my original premise. It is hard to judge a year in these books and certainly there has been nothing like months to judge a year by. We do not know if the books began at the beginning of year 298 or the end. We do not know if AFFC was at the beginning, middle, or end of 300. We do not know how much time passed in ADWD, I would guess at least 3 months. If someone wants to believe that only two years have passed since the beginning of the series I am not going to challenge it. For me, all of the events and travels, that take time in this medevial world, feel more like 3 years than 2 so that is what I am going with until the Wiki says otherwise.

Osha took Rickon south while Bran went north in ASOS.

Where does it say this?

And Ghost felt Shaggydog in his dream and he was somewhere warm. Skagos is not a warm place.

I recall Ghost feeling this about Nymeria and her pack but not about Shaggydog.

Some people are saying that Osha and Bran went to White Harbor first, then took a ship from there to Skagos . . . But surely the presence of a big black direwolf in White Harbor would have been noted by the other people and word would have immediately gotten to Manderly?

Jojen didn't say that they were heading North of the Wall. He did not mention the Wall. He just told Osha that they were heading North. As we know from those Travel chapters all that is North are the North clansmen of various tribes, many who are now fighting with Stannis and the Wall. If Manderly actually put feelers out he might find that Liddle clansman in the cave that fed Bran & his crew and advised them to stay off of Kings Road. This was the last human contact Bran had until Sam at at the Night fort.

I think Sam will have a future role in breaking his vow to Bran and telling someone important that Bran went North of the Wall.The only person who might be willing to go North of the Wall to look for him is Jon and right now that looks unlikely but who knows Jon may have powers in the future that make it more likely, as well as possible communication with Bran.

I agree to this speculation. Sam will definitely spill the beans, but I hope it's only to Jon. Ideally, if Jon is still alive and he is informed that one of his siblings is so 'close' by, I'm sure he would make a valiant effort to seek him out. Of course this is assuming the issue with the Boltons south of the wall is resolved or dismissed, he would have to focus his energy just on Bran, rather than the possibility of rescuing 'Arya.'

Naw, he's been crowned king of the place, after accidentally fulfilling some kind of prophecy about a boy arriving by sea with a giant unicorn-fighting wolf. :D

If Rickon goes native on Skagos, Davos could always entice him with some nice Frey pies....

Archived