[ADWD SPOILERS] Where Is Rickon?

eddardstark

rickon is going to kick some medieval ass. he, like sandor, is so damaged psychologically, being left without parents, siblings, guidance, he is going to transform into a magical maester of unicorns and skagosi. oh hell yes. and shaggydog is one OUT OF CONTROL beast. too freaking cool. and don't get me started on NYMERIA, arya's direwolf. go look up nymeria. she didn't name her that for nothing. arya is coming back as a ninja assassin, faceless man (she can be ANYONE), with a thousand ships from bravos. and when her wolf Nymeria REALLY shows up, it's going to be a force to reckon with. oh yeah.

I wondered why arya, if she SO LOVED Visenya (dragonrider sister of the targaryn line - they burned harrenhal in the past), why she didn't name her direwolf after her. NOPE. somehow her destiny got her. she's coming from bravos. and nymeria came from that area. and she's bringing a thousand ships with her, and more. all the bravosi swordsmen. all the ninja assassin (death) from The Church of A THOUSAND GODS. If you want to see the SEVEN GODS SHOW UP, we have them all. Gendry, the smith (of course), maiden sansa, go on you can name them all. we know and love them. Warrior, sandor. Father, Jon.... etc. but ARYA, OH OUR DEAR ARYA, SHE IS THE STRANGER. she IS the GOD OF DEATH. and what do we say to the god of death? NOT TODAY.

and Arya is going to bring sansa back to Jon. sansa won't know it's arya. she'll be in another face. and this is not GLAMOur. THIS IS REAL. she is going to save sansa from ramsay bolton. and she is going to FLAY RAMSAY AND HANG HIM UPSIDE DOWN FROM A WEIRWOOD TREE. when she takes sansa to jon, she will remove that face and be Arya again. jon will not know to trust her - is it really arya (after all she changed faces, AND she's a woman now.) but jon and arya have always adored each other as quasi-siblings. arya will show jon the ONE thing she never cast away when she threw off all of arya to join the Faceless men. NEEDLE. and who made needle for arya? JON. and they will kick some butt.

and if i may say this.... you want to know when nymeria the direwolf is coming back? when arya is about to kill ramsay, he gets away, brieflly. and just like the women he runs down with his dogs in the woods, NYMERIA IS coming back with her pack of dogs, wolves and direwolves. they run him down. arya gets to him and stops them. then she flays him slowly. very slowly. and hangs him upside down from a weirwood tree. again, karma.

• 1 year later...

I felt after rereading the Davos chapters that Rickon is on Skagos. Davos has been to most of the ports of Westeros and the Free Cities, except for the far east, presumably. When Davos recalls his days working for the Blind Bastard, he mentions that even the Bastard feared Skagos, and after the knife hits the map, he is afraid of the journey ahead. I feel that GRRM would not have mentioned the tale of the Blind Bastard unless there was some meaning to it.

I don't see a wildling woman with a boy and a direwolf and without any money getting to Skagos unnoticed.

I also wonder how Shaggydog will behave on board of a ship and what they would feed him.

Isn't it more likely that Manderly already secured Rickon and the Wex story is fake?

I wonder if the Northern Lord being killed on Skagos 100 years ago will tie in with the next Dunk & Egg story, which is supposed to be set in Winterfell? The timing is about right. And George likes to drop details in the D&E stories that tie into the ASOIAF.

I think Rickon might be heading to Eastwatch and Castle Black. Where Davos knows Stannis' family is. Why would you take a child to a war zone? Even as a rallying cry. Seems a bit unnecessary. Also dangerous given winter/autumn storms. Easier to head straight across to Eastwatch and take the land route.

Archived