Benjen Stark

Arya79

Did we find out what happened to him? Did I miss something? I am a few chapters into AFFC's and am concurrently watching the first season of Game of Thrones.

It has been theorized that

He is the "man" with "cold hands" that saved Samwell from the wights in ASOS. It is a theory only as far as I know, so there you have it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd come to the conclusion myself that Benjen was dead because it has been so long that he has been missing beyond the wall, surrounded by Wildlings, White Walkers, giants, and god knows what else. But I love that idea about him being Cold Hands.

To be fair he HAS to be Coldhands. He went missing half way through the first book, yet his name is constantly being brought up, and the reader is constantly reminded about him. He better be of some significance!

I don't know why but I can't shake this feeling that he isn't Coldhands, even though I would like it to be him because I really don't want him dead. But I do wonder if the broken horn, cloak and dragonglass that Ghost found belonged to Benjen.

I don't know why but I can't shake this feeling that he isn't Coldhands, even though I would like it to be him because I really don't want him dead. But I do wonder if the broken horn, cloak and dragonglass that Ghost found belonged to Benjen.

That is what I thought about the buried dragon glass. That Benjen buried that there. I have been convinced that Benjen will come back in some capacity and I am dying to get to the reveal as to where he is and what happened to him.

I am back and forth as to whether he is Coldhands. Part of me says it has to be him. He is obviously an undead being, but there has been no mention of blue glowing eyes, so I don't think Coldhands is a wight. The Others ride dead animals and no one has described the elk that Coldhands is riding as looking dead or injured. So, if Coldhands is not a wight or an Other, what or who is he?

All I know is that I am convinced that Benjen is not dead. He is either alive or in some sort of supernatural living state and he has more business to take care of.

It is quite possible Benjen (as Coldhands) buried it there to help Jon. His scent would of attracted Ghost. I'm not sure how they'll factor Benjen into the story if he isn't coldhands. If it turns out he's been dead this whole time it'll be a major disappointment! The guy is Ned's brother, he has to live!

It is quite possible Benjen (as Coldhands) buried it there to help Jon. His scent would of attracted Ghost. I'm not sure how they'll factor Benjen into the story if he isn't coldhands. If it turns out he's been dead this whole time it'll be a major disappointment! The guy is Ned's brother, he has to live!

Benjen is dead like me.

I'd come to the conclusion myself that Benjen was dead because it has been so long that he has been missing beyond the wall, surrounded by Wildlings, White Walkers, giants, and god knows what else. But I love that idea about him being Cold Hands.

It would be very cool if he were coldhands....but my 1st thought was that 'cold hands' was Mormont....because of the ravens:)

That is what I thought about the buried dragon glass. That Benjen buried that there. I have been convinced that Benjen will come back in some capacity and I am dying to get to the reveal as to where he is and what happened to him.

I am back and forth as to whether he is Coldhands. Part of me says it has to be him. He is obviously an undead being, but there has been no mention of blue glowing eyes, so I don't think Coldhands is a wight. The Others ride dead animals and no one has described the elk that Coldhands is riding as looking dead or injured. So, if Coldhands is not a wight or an Other, what or who is he?

All I know is that I am convinced that Benjen is not dead. He is either alive or in some sort of supernatural living state and he has more business to take care of.

I agree. I think Benjen is still alive as I think his part of the story isn't over. I just hit a wall when it comes to him being coldhands. Hopefully we'll get more clues in ADwD.

Benjen is frequently on my mind when I'm reading Jon's chapters. He is one of the many interesting mysteries in this story. I'm waiting for him to make some sort of surprise rescue at some point, but I also like the Coldhands theory. As of ASOS that character is still an enigma. Hopefully more will be explained in Feast with Bran's interaction with him.

Archived