[ADwD Spoilers] Is Jon handsome?

jurble

I imagine that he is not super handsome but neither he is ugly, he is athletic, and also is that silent brooding type that many women find attractive. Of course he has a cool direwolf and a magical sword, that's a plus plus.

But despite that I am not sure he is the kind of man that Daenerys would fall in love to. He is more like Quentyn than Daario or Drogo.

Funny how his parents are basically described as two of the biggest hotties in Westeros, yet Jon is only above average looking, maybe even average raised among nobles. Rhaeghar was apparently the studliest stud in the history of dreamy studs, basically. And Lyanna was considered beautiful - not Ashara or Cersei level, but still beautiful.

He does however have a powerful personality, which also characterized his parents. I think his personality and sleek dress make him attractive to girls who aren't born of high blood (since those girls have higher expectations and expect flashy clothes, lots of money and such).

Bitches love Lord Commanders. Plus he has an albino direwolf, that's the Westeros equivalent of rolling up in some awesome limited edition sportscar. And a Valyrian steel sword, which is like having a watch that shoots lasers. Plus he cut Janos Slynt's head off. He's like if James Bond killed Hitler.

Oh god, this is great :laugh:

Jon is so not Dany's type. He's exactly like Ned Stark (his father/uncle/whatever), except for the fact that he has a direwolf. Dany would actually fall for Jaime Lannister - if he hadn't killed her father, that is. And if Oberyn Martell had come seeking Dany's hand, she would have had her clothes off in a flash. But Jon? She would have thought him serious and sullen, rather like Alys did - but unlike Alys, she would have become bored with him.

With that said, I think a large part of Jon's attractiveness comes from the fact that he's an honorable and effective leader, and very masculine. The old Kings of Winter would have approved of his manliness quotient, except for the "lord's kiss" which would have disgusted them.

I always pictured Ned Stark as looking like Niel Gaiman, and Jon as a young version

And we all know women love him. ;)

I always got the impression that the Tullys were more classically handsome/beautiful than the Starks, thus Sansa would win more beauty contests than Arya and Robb more than Jon if it came down to strictly physical looks alone. I see Lyanna as more charismatic than conventionally beautiful; I don't think she was UNattractive, but I don't think her looks were why people admired her and thought of her as beautiful. (As opposed to, say, Ashara Dayne.) And Jon looks just like her, and I think he's also not-gorgeous but that a lot of women are drawn to his demeanor.

Then again, that guy on the cover of my old copy of AGoT is hawt. ;) Not the way I pictured Jon in my head--indeed I wouldn't have known that was Jon without the wolf--but he's certainly nice to look at.

ETA: And I agree that he's not Dany's type. Not without a new wardrobe, especially! Dany seems to want her men to be as flashy as possible.

Ser Tom, feel free to ignore this thread if it bothers you. I've seen threads about which ASOIAF women are hot too. Don't we need some fluff in between all the maimings and beheadings?

I think a large part of Jon's attractiveness comes from the fact that he's an honorable and effective leader, and very masculine. The old Kings of Winter would have approved of his manliness quotient, except for the "lord's kiss" which would have disgusted them.

If they were "Queens", I doubt it would disgust them at all :drool:

Jon is so not Dany's type. He's exactly like Ned Stark (his father/uncle/whatever), except for the fact that he has a direwolf. Dany would actually fall for Jaime Lannister - if he hadn't killed her father, that is. And if Oberyn Martell had come seeking Dany's hand, she would have had her clothes off in a flash. But Jon? She would have thought him serious and sullen, rather like Alys did - but unlike Alys, she would have become bored with him.

With that said, I think a large part of Jon's attractiveness comes from the fact that he's an honorable and effective leader, and very masculine. The old Kings of Winter would have approved of his manliness quotient, except for the "lord's kiss" which would have disgusted them.

Wait... "lord's kiss"?

Thought he was an ordinary bloke until I saw this illustration of him on George's website within the sample ADWD chapter: http://georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html

That's not just pretty, that's gorgeous! And it's an illustration "approved" by George which is to say that George thinks he's that handsome...

I was disappointed by the casting for him in the series. Kit looks like a girl, not a future Lord Commander. Oh well.

Oh yes, the picture is gorgeous. And is much like I pictured Jon after reading AGOT the first time. I wish somebody looking like that would have been casted for the HBO-Jon.

I was disappointed by the casting of Kit, too. Not that he is ugly, but he does not have the long earnest looking face I imagined.

And we all know women love him. ;)

I always got the impression that the Tullys were more classically handsome/beautiful than the Starks, thus Sansa would win more beauty contests than Arya and Robb more than Jon if it came down to strictly physical looks alone. I see Lyanna as more charismatic than conventionally beautiful; I don't think she was UNattractive, but I don't think her looks were why people admired her and thought of her as beautiful. (As opposed to, say, Ashara Dayne.) And Jon looks just like her, and I think he's also not-gorgeous but that a lot of women are drawn to his demeanor.

Yeah, the impression I have (judging by the books) is that the Tully-looking ones are the good looking ones in the family. Sansa is always said to be very beautiful in the books by pretty much everyone.

A character I always thought might be good looking is Edmure.

I totally agree. But Jon wouldn't be into Dany, either, since he would be too :ack: about getting it on with his aunt. Northerners just don't seem to be into that incest stuff.

Archived