(BOOK SPOILERS) Ser Arys Oakheart

The Mountain That Glides

I was just thinking...wouldn't they have to cast him this season? Otherwise that causes problems later on. I mean, you can't just have Myrcella leaving for Dorne, and then three seasons just be like, "Yeah, btw, this guy was protecting her'.

Do you think they'll cast him now, or perhaps give him a featured extra type deal and then re-cast? Or ignore him altogether? His character could be cut altogether, I suppose-but Trant is already in the show, and he's much less important than Oakheart.

I suppose they could merge Trant and Oakheart and have them send Trant off with Myrcella, but god I hope not.

I was just thinking...wouldn't they have to cast him this season? Otherwise that causes problems later on. I mean, you can't just have Myrcella leaving for Dorne, and then three seasons just be like, "Yeah, btw, this guy was protecting her'.

I don't see why you can't do exactly that. I'd like to see him cast, he's one of my favourite minor characters, but I don't think it's necessary to cast him in S2.

You could easily have Tyrion emphasize to Cersei that a member of the Kingsgaurd is going with Myrcella, so if they do the Dorne storyline (which they prolly will), it'll make complete sense to have a whitecloak there.

I like Arys as well, but there's no need to cast him in season 2. Though if they do, it'd be cool if they did a little bit more with him. Like, contrast his beatings of Sansa to Trant's. Show Oakheart being more (relatively) gentle and conflicted.

Archived