Just started reading last night..

Robb_

I know where you're coming from, the first 2 books are amazing (and are probably equal to one another), but this one has blown them both out the water. I've not been able to put it down these last few days

Robb, this is in response to your post about Joff's wedding. Its not a spoiler, in that I (who've finished all the books many times over) don't know any more info than you or anyone else about those events, but rather, its a bit of a 'tweak' a suggestion to go back and take another look. You're obviously deeply enjoying it as well as quite quick and sharp about interpreting GRRM's tips and clues. IMHO, this is THE best book he's ever written, well worth poring over all the nuances to extract from them all that's really there. I'm going to put this in spoiler tags, just because...whatever, but again, I'm not spoiling anything from future books, just saying if you feel like it, take a second look at that wedding.

Look again at the ladies of Margaery Tyrell's family and their inter-actions with Sansa leading up to the wedding. All those 'girlie' luncheons and teas and lemon cakes and gossip parties. Old lady Oleanna's outrageous comments about Mace and everybody else, all the girls' gossip about everybody and everything. We know the Tyrell's are smart, they're ambitious, they're certainly not Lannister-flunkies. But, they're about to marry their precious flower, Margaery, to Joff. Wouldn't they want to know exactly what kind of husband Joff would be for their precious Margaery? But, how to find out? Which young woman at court knows better than anyone exactly who and what Joff really is? And finding out Joff's true nature and what little Margaery would suffer in marriage, how to go about making sure that Margaery WILL become Queen of the Seven Kingdoms (thus fulfilling the Tyrell's ambitions) and yet not have to suffer as Sansa suffered? Look for the thorny mind behind the amethyst hairnet...

Robb, this is in response to your post about Joff's wedding. Its not a spoiler, in that I (who've finished all the books many times over) don't know any more info than you or anyone else about those events, but rather, its a bit of a 'tweak' a suggestion to go back and take another look. You're obviously deeply enjoying it as well as quite quick and sharp about interpreting GRRM's tips and clues. IMHO, this is THE best book he's ever written, well worth poring over all the nuances to extract from them all that's really there. I'm going to put this in spoiler tags, just because...whatever, but again, I'm not spoiling anything from future books, just saying if you feel like it, take a second look at that wedding.

Look again at the ladies of Margaery Tyrell's family and their inter-actions with Sansa leading up to the wedding. All those 'girlie' luncheons and teas and lemon cakes and gossip parties. Old lady Oleanna's outrageous comments about Mace and everybody else, all the girls' gossip about everybody and everything. We know the Tyrell's are smart, they're ambitious, they're certainly not Lannister-flunkies. But, they're about to marry their precious flower, Margaery, to Joff. Wouldn't they want to know exactly what kind of husband Joff would be for their precious Margaery? But, how to find out? Which young woman at court knows better than anyone exactly who and what Joff really is? And finding out Joff's true nature and what little Margaery would suffer in marriage, how to go about making sure that Margaery WILL become Queen of the Seven Kingdoms (thus fulfilling the Tyrell's ambitions) and yet not have to suffer as Sansa suffered? Look for the thorny mind behind the amethyst hairnet...

Thanks for pointing that out, I've just read back and noticed that paragraph, I'd forgotten all about it. It makes perfect sense now...

"but if we start killing men at weddings they'll be even more frightened than they are presently."

This was actually the line that convinced me that Joffrey would make it through the wedding (I was expecting something big to happen during the wedding because it had been built up so much and for so long).

I owe Olenna Tyrell my thanks instead of Dontos then. I hated Joffrey more than I've ever hated any other character in anything I've ever seen, although Walder Frey, and Bolton and his bastard will be giving him some competition I think.

P.S. I loved Snape too. I always knew he would end up being one of the heroes, but I never expected him to meet that end.

Thanks for pointing that out, I've just read back and noticed that paragraph, I'd forgotten all about it. It makes perfect sense now...

"but if we start killing men at weddings they'll be even more frightened than they are presently."

This was actually the line that convinced me that Joffrey would make it through the wedding (I was expecting something big to happen during the wedding because it had been built up so much and for so long).

I owe Olenna Tyrell my thanks instead of Dontos then. I hated Joffrey more than I've ever hated any other character in anything I've ever seen, although Walder Frey, and Bolton and his bastard will be giving him some competition I think.

P.S. I loved Snape too. I always knew he would end up being one of the heroes, but I never expected him to meet that end.

I've been following your progression and knew the Red Wedding was coming up for you, I know how you felt. As for the other wedding and it's goings on, there is still one more big reveal regarding that, and the finale has some nice surprises too.

I've been following your progression and knew the Red Wedding was coming up for you, I know how you felt. As for the other wedding and it's goings on, there is still one more big reveal regarding that, and the finale has some nice surprises too.

Looking forward to it :) Part of me can't wait to get to the end of this book and see what happens, but part of me doesn't want it to end. And I've heard that AFFC isn't as good as any of the first 3, is that true?

I'm really looking forward to finishing all 5 books though, because it's killing me staying off GoT sites incase I see any spoilers. Although it will kill me even more having to wait a few years for Book 6

I've just read the Red Viper vs The Mountain chapter

Once again I'm really surprised. I really liked the Red Viper and thought he was definitely going to win, especially once Clegane was on his back. It's going to be interesting to see how Tyrion gets himself out of this now, because one thing I'm absolutely certain on is that Tyrion will not be dying for a long, long time.

I'm going to take a guess and say that it will have something to do with Jaime.

Looking forward to it :) Part of me can't wait to get to the end of this book and see what happens, but part of me doesn't want it to end. And I've heard that AFFC isn't as good as any of the first 3, is that true?

I'm really looking forward to finishing all 5 books though, because it's killing me staying off GoT sites incase I see any spoilers. Although it will kill me even more having to wait a few years for Book 6

I don't believe that AFFC is bad. It has a different pace than the first 3 books, so AFFC and ADWD both share a more relaxed pace. It's a lull after the war. Yes lol the wait for the next one is well underway here.

I have just read the chapter were Jon Snow is sent out to murder Mance Rayder.

Definitely one of the best chapters, I like how we're clueless as to who the army are, and then when we find out we're still just as clueless :)

I'm really happy how Jaime and Brienne's plot lines are going. I really hope Brienne is made a POV character in AFFC (if she lives through ASOS). It'd be good to have The Hound as one aswell I think (if him and Arya are separated), viewing everything from his angry pissed off eyes would be fun.

Got to say though, I am really bored of Daenerys' story arc. Her chapters are a lot better than what they were in CoK but they are still far worse than everyone elses. I don't particularly care how many cities she takes over on her way to Pentos or Westeros, I just wish she'd hurry up and get there. Although it was a cool touch having Selmy show up with her, it's a shame they probably won't be able to pull that surprise reveal off in the show.

Still strange on how we've seen nothing of Theon, too. The only mention of him has been the skin from his finger that that prick Bolton had offered to Robb and Catelyn. I hope he shows up soon.

I'm heading in to the last few chapters now, I might be able to finish it tonight but will probably leave a couple of chapters til tomorrow. Anyway:

Every seems to be going a bit to nicely now. Whether this is GRRM giving us all a bit of happiness after the Red Wedding, or it is building up for something terrible to happen again I don't know.

Sam is back at the wall, himself, Gilly, and the baby all fine. Jon has been offered Winterfell and the name Stark. The wars with the wildlings appear to be over. Arya seems to be free of the wars and is heading to Braavosi (I hope she bumps into Jorah), she also has 3 less names to say every night now too, Bran is beyond the wall looking for the three eyed crow.

The only ones that seem to have any problems at this moment are the Lannisters. Tyrion's facing an execution, Jaime can't fight with his left hand, Cersei is being sent back to Casterly Rock and has just lost her son, Tywin himself is pretty much sonless.

I think something big will be happening soon, probably to do with the White Walkers.

Wow, just finished what I imagine will be Tyrion's final chapter of ASOS

What an amazing chapter that was. I always thought that Tyrion would eventually kill Tywin, or at least try to, but I wasn't expecting it to be as epic as that. And killing Shae to, she deserved that..

The last line of the chapter is legendary too. "Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold." I really hope they get Tyrion to say that line after killing him in the show.

Cannot wait to see Cersei's reaction to this death.

Just read Sansa's final chapter:

That was crazy! Lol.

As soon as she walked through the doors and Marillon the singer locked them with the spear, I expected Sansa to be going out the moon door, thankfully it doesn't quite happen.

What a rat Littlefinger is though, pretty much everything, from the first chapter, has gone how he planned.. And it's all down to this pathetic womans fault, I'm glad he pushed her out the moons door, and I hope he pushes that son of hers out aswell. It's gonna be interesting how his relationship with Sansa works now that she knows everything..

I really liked the parts about Sansa building the castle in the snow. It has made me really want to go back to book 1 and read the first chapter or two again to see how peaceful everything was before Ned became the Hand of the King.

I was in two minds about what I wanted Jon to do in the chapter before Sansa's, I'd have liked him to rebuild Winterfell and help take back the North, but then that would have meant burning the weirwood. I can't wait to see how he goes about being Lord Commander, and I can't wait for him to give Ser Allister Thorne an order :)

Anyway, time for the epilogue...

Epilogue Spoilers:

Now that has left me both confused and happy at the same time.

The more Frey's that die the better. So confused about Catelyn though. She is not a wight, right? Can't wait to find out what is happening there.

Also, it is mentioned here that the Greatjon is put into chains, so I'm assuming he is still alive. So pleased about that, he doesn't have much time in the books but I thought his presence in the show was really felt. I hope he somehow ends up back in the field against the Frey's and not locked in their dungeons. And also really happy to hear that Grey Wind managed to get a bit of lunch before they killed him.

Just read Sansa's final chapter:

That was crazy! Lol.

As soon as she walked through the doors and Marillon the singer locked them with the spear, I expected Sansa to be going out the moon door, thankfully it doesn't quite happen.

What a rat Littlefinger is though, pretty much everything, from the first chapter, has gone how he planned.. And it's all down to this pathetic womans fault, I'm glad he pushed her out the moons door, and I hope he pushes that son of hers out aswell. It's gonna be interesting how his relationship with Sansa works now that she knows everything..

I really liked the parts about Sansa building the castle in the snow. It has made me really want to go back to book 1 and read the first chapter or two again to see how peaceful everything was before Ned became the Hand of the King.

I was in two minds about what I wanted Jon to do in the chapter before Sansa's, I'd have liked him to rebuild Winterfell and help take back the North, but then that would have meant burning the weirwood. I can't wait to see how he goes about being Lord Commander, and I can't wait for him to give Ser Allister Thorne an order :)

Anyway, time for the epilogue...

I told you there were some great reveals towards the end!

The Sansa chapter was one of my favorites in the whole series. As for UnCat as some call her on the boards (also ZombieCat) she is not a wight as far as I know (I think they only happen north of the wall) she is just raised from the dead and bent on revenge against Freys and Lannisters.

I told you there were some great reveals towards the end!

The Sansa chapter was one of my favorites in the whole series. As for UnCat as some call her on the boards (also ZombieCat) she is not a wight as far as I know (I think they only happen north of the wall) she is just raised from the dead and bent on revenge against Freys and Lannisters.

Is it happening because of the guest-rights they had yet the Frey's killed them anyway? That's the only thing I can think of as to why it would happen.

Is it happening because of the guest-rights they had yet the Frey's killed them anyway? That's the only thing I can think of as to why it would happen.

I imagine the Red Priest brought her back.

Spoiler may contain info from AFFC.

Her vengeance is probably due to the violation of guest rights and possibly due to the state she was in when she had died (having gone insane). The red priest didn't bring her back, he said she had been dead too long and was too damaged. Beric Donderian felt that she should be brought back because Nymeria had pulled her from the river so he gave her the "kiss of life" and died himself.

Her vengeance is probably due to the violation of guest rights and possibly due to the state she was in when she had died (having gone insane). The red priest didn't bring her back, he said she had been dead too long and was too damaged. Beric Donderian felt that she should be brought back because Nymeria had pulled her from the river so he gave her the "kiss of life" and died himself.

I'm pretty sure that's a spoiler from AffC, might want to edit your post to note that.

Oh my god I've just read the chapter about the wedding at the Twins

I'm so gutted :( Robb was my favourite character and I really liked Catelyn. I knew something terrible was going to happen, because just before the wedding Robb named Jon to take over if he ever died. But I still had hope of them making it through the twins and fighting to take back the North. I'm so pissed off.. And that cunt Bolton better receive a horrible death. And Walder Frey aswell.

And about the chapter after it.. I'm really confused. For a start, I'm certain that Arya is not dead, and that the Hound has hit her with the opposite end of his axe to knock her down so he could rescue her, because why would he want to kill her? But curiosity got the better of me and I skipped ahead to see who had the upcoming chapters, and I don't see Arya having one anytime soon, so that's got me worried :\

Im sorry. It sucks. I was developing a fictional crush on Robb. :)

I've just finished the prologue in AFFC and I'm confused

Was the alchemist Littlefinger? And I don't understand the part about the cobblestones moving and the voice calling out to Pate?

Archived