BwB/Sisterhood With Standards Tattoo Orgy

Odie

An important note please:

As some of you may know every year at world con there is usually some sort of sponsored blood drive. I am sure I do not have to explain the importance of donated blood to you guys. I will be trying to organise massive BwB participation in this event, for all those eligible to give blood. If you get the tattoo before the blood drive, you will not be eligible to donate blood for an entire year. I do not know which day the con is holding their blood drive yet, I have emailed the people in charge, once I know this I will pass it along to you guys. Please please do not get the tattoos before the blood drive. Thanks, sers and dames! :)

As some of you may know every year at world con there is usually some sort of sponsored blood drive. I am sure I do not have to explain the importance of donated blood to you guys. I will be trying to organise massive BwB participation in this event, for all those eligible to give blood. If you get the tattoo before the blood drive, you will not be eligible to donate blood for an entire year. I do not know which day the con is holding their blood drive yet, I have emailed the people in charge, once I know this I will pass it along to you guys. Please please do not get the tattoos before the blood drive. Thanks, sers and dames! :)

a very good point. I actually miss giving blood regularly....can't since I lived in Germany :( Could I give blood in Germany though? I wonder.

they don't have the guidelines with the dates for those who have lived overseas, but here are some guidelines: http://www.redcross.org/services/biomed/0,...,0_557_,00.html

Ooh, I like the heraldic rose Iseult posted too. All of them really. I thought I was settled on what I wanted, but now I'm not so sure.

I think guys getting a rose would be cool too. There are plenty of designs that are not too feminine. Here's one that I found that had a more masculine feel to it. I also think the heraldic ones would work well for either male or female.

GoN I thought of this... I figured it would be like an ongoing thing, I'm not sure how it works. Once we know PLEASE let me know.

On that note I'm ineligable as well, since I got a tattoo about a month ago :(

Great point GoN... we definitely want to give as much as we can, and since there are a lot of folks getting tatted, it would be great to give blood before bleeding. :) I guess I am ineligible since I got that unicorn leaping over a rainbow on my ass cheek last week, but maybe I can give blood in other, less helpful ways.

Lany Cass -- I'm in the same boat. :cry:

Also -- are you thinking of a navel piercing? Because (speaking from experience), I would try to get it done at a place you can go back to if you have problems with it.

no not the navel.....I had another piercing, but let it close up and thought about redoing it. Of course, making it my "reward" for meeting my weight loss goals should help. I didn't have a single problem last time, and it's an easy heal area. Just one more thing to freak my hubby out with :D

no not the navel.....I had another piercing, but let it close up and thought about redoing it. Of course, making it my "reward" for meeting my weight loss goals should help. I didn't have a single problem last time, and it's an easy heal area. Just one more thing to freak my hubby out with :D

that's cool. I've had my good and bad experiences with piercings... Haven't gotten any new ones for awhile... :idea:

but maybe I can give blood in other, less helpful ways.

Well, I hear that Charlie Stross wants to give us all a drunken beatdown for our snubbing at Boskone -- and there's always a few dweebs that need skoolin' -- you OK with being our shakedown man, Lodey? ;)

I've been toying with the idea of getting an Ice and Fire themed tat for a couple of years - maybe I'll actually go through with it this time. Hmmm, what to get though....not a rose....

I know - a carton of lye with the words 'What would Randyl Tarly do?' underneath :P

Angie, that's the very fella for me. Altho' I'd probably make it just blue and black (I'm not big on too colourful tats).

Blood drive: I may be ineligible just by being English (BSE and all that stuff... I'm not sure on the guidelines for the US).

N

I intend to get a big ink job doen while I'm in Cali.....but I would not be loathe to getting the blue rose as well.

Fuck it......it's cool.

Plus, I like you bitches.

You rock Stego :D And remember, you don't have to get an entire rosebush tattooed on your back. They can do a small design.

In other news, I've kinda gotten sidetracked on everyting in my life at the moment that isn't tied to this potential house that's fallen into our collective lap. So I haven't even thought about calling the place. But that could be good, I can wait to hear back what GoN has to say about the blood drive.

You know, ignoring the limo issue and just presuming normal transportation, we could always do two groups... wouldn't be quite the same, but maybe some of the early birds who are ineligiable for the blood drive anyway could go on Thursday or something. Nothing saying we can't go back as spectators for the second group :)

I've been toying with the idea of getting an Ice and Fire themed tat for a couple of years - maybe I'll actually go through with it this time. Hmmm, what to get though....not a rose....

I know - a carton of lye with the words 'What would Randyl Tarly do?' underneath :P

Weren't you going to get the Targ sigil?

If I can't get the back piece I want with the banners (or it looks stupid once I get the design done) I'd consider getting a Targ crest/three headed red dragon on my back... It would probably be less sigil-like though... I'd go to the guy I like and tell him "I want a three headed red dragon on black as a backpiece. Don't put any tear-through-skin claws on it, or blood*. Otherwise, go to town!"

*Yes, I know, Fire and Blood. But I hate blood depicted in tattoos. The same way I hate designs that look like something tearing itself out of your skin. Hate that. Eww.

Angie, that's the very fella for me. Altho' I'd probably make it just blue and black (I'm not big on too colourful tats).

I liked that one too, but I was thinking the same thing about the color. I think just blue, green & black would look good. The way they have it now is just a little too much, although I'm not totally opposed to color - my castle that I have currently is purple & blue with a yellow & orange sunset background. :)

Archived