BwB/Sisterhood With Standards Tattoo Orgy

Odie

I have no tatoos. I came pretty close to getting one a few years ago (one of the chapter icons from WOT :blush: ) So, I'm intrigued by the pretty flowers but what are the chances I'll commit if I have a fear of needles and a low pain tolerance? :rofl:

snow "do they give you a Valium first? " leo

Nope, no valium :) If you're concerned about pain, one of the easiest places to get a tattoo is the upper arm.

Oh, yes, Odie's is definitely cool too. I'd be covering up an old homemade one, though, so I don't know if it would work as well for me as the other, but I do like it. :)

totally understood. are we all gonna get the exact same, or just all blue roses? (this is, of course, if I give in to peer pressure. :lol: )

A tattoo is for life, not for a gimick... if we're going to do this, it wouldn't be right to NOT let people pick their own tattoos... Sure, I think we should all get blue roses, because that's kind of the point, but the design should be up to the person who has to carry it around from that day on. :)

Well spoken... should not be peer pressure in any way. If you want a different blue rose, go for it. If you don't want a blue rose, but something else, all good too. If you end up not wanting to get anything cool too. I remember 15 years ago being on Sunset Strip at 1am with 11 guys getting skulls and words cut into their backs, and it wasn't all fun and long-term prosperity. Do what makes you feel happy, special, and proud, and everyone will support it.

Well spoken... should not be peer pressure in any way. If you want a different blue rose, go for it. If you don't want a blue rose, but something else, all good too. If you end up not wanting to get anything cool too. I remember 15 years ago being on Sunset Strip at 1am with 11 guys getting skulls and words cut into their backs, and it wasn't all fun and long-term prosperity. Do what makes you feel happy, special, and proud, and everyone will support it.

Right. I was only joking above X, about the peer pressure. If you don't want to that's completely cool. I'm just throwing it out there for us nuts who DO think this is a good idea. ;)

The idea is to have a blue rose tattoo. Having an "official" one would turn this into a cult or something (though aparantly according to some, it already is!). It's the concept, not the design, that matters. The concept of caring so much about all you crazy loons that we'd be willing to wear something for life that represents us. And the rose idea has the added bonus of not being a "What the fuck is that??" tattoo. No one's going to question why you have it or look at you funny because of it, except people who look funny at ANYONE who has a tattoo.

Whatever you decide (and you don't really have to decide until we get there, if you're okay with the crap shoot that is flash art) bring a color picture along of what tattoo you want. The artist should be able to create a transfer pattern from there in whatever size you want. Heck, I'm not even sure if I want that first one that I posted or not, espically if I get it on my ankle. I may want something with a stem that's more flowing.

This is FOR YOU, not for the group. The group part just makes it more of an experience.

*is green with envy*

I'm just deciding on a second tattoo for myself, and this looks awesome. Since there's no way in the seven kingdoms that I can come to LA, though, I'm just polluting this thread with my whining... carry on, ladies. I'm just imagining this wonderful photo with everyone havign a different gorgeous tattoo... *sniffle*

If I did get one, it would probably be something like this or this in blue.

I wanna go.....WAHHH.

I have a small blue heart (like ice) with flames tat...kinda cheesy, but at the time it meant something important to me (and really, it still does). A blue rose would look nice also.

Lacy <--- who hasn't the money for the trip or the tat. Besides that, MrB won't let me go to LA by myself. mumble grumble...*pout*

If I am able to go to LA then I want the tattoo. I already have 2 so no big deal to have one more.

I will let you know if I can make it or not. Otherwise I will have to get one on KC maybe. I used to know a great artist who did them there, I just have to see if he is still around.

Once my computer is working again I can look at the designs. (using library computer while mine is in the shop)

It is a great idea though.

Right. I was only joking above X, about the peer pressure. If you don't want to that's completely cool. I'm just throwing it out there for us nuts who DO think this is a good idea. ;)

No problems Odie. I've been meaning to get inked for, oh gods, 12 years now? 14? In the end, I'd always default to another piercing...or just decide that I didn't like the design and put it off for another year...then it was "after I get married." Now, I got no excuses! :lol:

I love the idea of the blue rose (it doesn't require the explanation of my other two strongly desired tatoos, both of which are really nerdly in origin) -- and I'm definitely cool with each choosing their own (there's a limit to my cult behavior, dammit! Lodey -- where are my Nikes?) design/size/style. In the end, it's gonna be somewhere on my arm -- probably the inside of my forearm.

This is a really neat idea.

Actually, though, Medieval roses were not like modern roses. They were more like what we think of as wild or briar roses.

Here is a site about the War of the Roses, which GRRM says his Starl/Lannister conflict is partly based on. (York/Lancaster)

http://www.yorkshirehistory.com/yorkshirerose.htm

There are some gorgeous images of heraldic roses on there.

That's a good point, Izzy, but I think we're thinking more of Lyanna's crown of roses, or winter roses in general. Not necessary something that you'd find in a banquet hall at Highgarden :) Of course, it's certainly an option if that's what someone wants to do!

Say... maybe someone with more skill than I can draw a blue rose growing out of a wall of ice.... now THAT would be trés cool.

I feel so fucking stupid, but what's the significance of the blue rose? Sorry if it's a reference from the book, but I sorta skimmed them. *hangs head* I love you guys, but I'm not a fan of the books.

And yeah, I'd love to get a tat with you guys, but not sure about the blue rose yet.

I feel so fucking stupid, but what's the significance of the blue rose? Sorry if it's a reference from the book, but I sorta skimmed them. *hangs head* I love you guys, but I'm not a fan of the books.

And yeah, I'd love to get a tat with you guys, but not sure about the blue rose yet.

Lyanna Stark was called The Blue Rose of the North (or something like that). Also, someone dreamed or prophecied a blue rose growing from a crack in a wall of ice. (Probably Jon, if you support the theory that Jon was Lyanna's son, possibly by Rhaegar.)

Edited to add: Hey- look at this one!

http://www.luckyfishart.com/heraldicrose.html

Edited again to say that upon further exploration of this site I found several gorgeous roses AND one called "Maiden-Mother-Crone". Coincidence? I think not...

Rhaegar also gave Lyanna a crown of winter (blue) roses when he won the tourney of Harrenhall... it is thought that the blackened petals that fall out of Lyanna's hand in Ned's dream about her death were from that crown, indicating that she loved Rhaegar and that it wasn't rape or a kidnapping.

Lyanna died in a bed or blood and roses, and no doubt those roses were blue, her favorite flower, and the same rose Bael the Bard, and Mance brought, grown from the ice. I would consider getting a blue rose on the inside of my bicep, if the gernal consensus is that it would be cool and not lame. :)

Archived