White-Luck Warrior VI

lokisnow

Moenghus seemed fine from his time with the sranc,although i'm not sure how to measure the 2 situations for mental trauma.

EDIT: although not soemthing i've thought about, i;d rather be circumfixed than dragged around by the sranc for however long.

Moenghus probably had no trouble dominating the Sranc.

it's also possible Kellhus' madness extends to the wilderness trauma of the journey from ishual to atraithau. Circumfix has to be worse than Sranc.

Oh dear lol.

Bakker always attracts clowns

Ha, I read the dude's article.

Starts with;

"I've only read the first five pages..."

Then proceeds to rage from his position of moral certainity whilst posing as critically credible.

Pretty sure that he cut and pasted most of it from some of the morally critical posters on these forums.

Glad to see that we have such paragons of morality to inform us of what we should believe.

Or is this how trolls grow their e-peen?

The website is titled "Requires only that you hate"...

Kellhus hears voices. He is crazy. His Conditioning is broken. He no longer follows the Shortest Path. Darkness rules him.

Really?

I mean, that bit where he tells Moenghus "I am more" before knifing him, I was wondering for who's benefit are you saying that? Not the guy whos gunna die anyway?

You don't think he's simply taken the game to an even higher level? I don't really see him as having collapsed house of cards like? I thought he had simply become even more complex in a "Kelhus moves in mysterious ways" sort of way?

I'm still surprised by the madness call. Living in a paradigm that's utterly alien to our minds (like living in the fourth dimension is alien to our third dimension minds)? I get that. But just that he's short circuited and although he can organise a whole army, it's just the nascent pops and fizzes of fried circuitry? Really? I imagine even a broken dunyain mind could organise an army still, I'll grant.

Still...might make him easier to kill. I rather want him to kill the consult, then conveniently die...

Actually, on that, I rather think his next step is becoming the no god - the space in between gods. The thing that comes before gods. I think it's how he'll evade the white luck warrior killing him, even though in a way it's already happened (causally, that is).

Actually, on that, I rather think his next step is becoming the no god - the space in between gods. The thing that comes before gods. I think it's how he'll evade the white luck warrior killing him, even though in a way it's already happened (causally, that is).

The No-God is not the space between the gods, that's some weird Non-Man concept. As far as we can tell now, the No-God is soulyent green (see what i did there?)

On Bakker getting trolled:

http://requireshate.wordpress.com/gallery-buttmad/

Lol, it was so obvious soon as he linked the original article that it was a troll. How many years does a person have to spend on the internet to realzie these things?

Moenghus probably had no trouble dominating the Sranc.

it's also possible Kellhus' madness extends to the wilderness trauma of the journey from ishual to atraithau. Circumfix has to be worse than Sranc.

Yeah i don't know, just wrote what popped into my head when i read your post. We do see his visage cracking as early as when Cnaiur takes Serwe.

Dude i'd much rather be on a cross/circumfix than with Sranc, just my personal preference :P

People stop trolling Bakker so he can write TUC :lol

If Kellhus is afflicted by Influenza, do you think he'd feel and look as miserable as us pathetic world-born humans, or is he just too good to even let this affect him? Just a random thought. It's just that I can't imagine him being in such a state, with a runny nose, coughing like a veteran smoker, etc. I think it would be amusing if he was to get the Flu and admit to Proyas, "God, I feel like shit. Get me a tissue." But for some reason I don't think this is going to happen.

If Kellhus is afflicted by Influenza, do you think he'd feel and look as miserable as us pathetic world-born humans, or is he just too good to even let this affect him? Just a random thought. It's just that I can't imagine him being in such a state, with a runny nose, coughing like a veteran smoker, etc. I think it would be amusing if he was to get the Flu and admit to Proyas, "God, I feel like shit. Get me a tissue." But for some reason I don't think this is going to happen.

lol

Yeah but for some reason it doesn't seem to affect the witches as much, they just get on with it, while he is in his tent moaning he can't fight the horde mobbing cause he feels like crap.

The No-God is not the space between the gods, that's some weird Non-Man concept. As far as we can tell now, the No-God is soulyent green (see what i did there?)

On Bakker getting trolled:

http://requireshate.wordpress.com/gallery-buttmad/

Lol, it was so obvious soon as he linked the original article that it was a troll. How many years does a person have to spend on the internet to realzie these things?

Oh, that's Winterfox/pyrofennec. She hates pretty much everything. Sometimes there are good points amidst the vitriol, but usually it's lots of profanity and complaints about things which don't live up to her representational standards.

Skilled troll, though. This is another notch in her belt for 'getting an author to wank back at her', along with Jim Butcher and N. K. Jemisin.

Yes I think people hardly reading his books then calling him some names is not an indication of the books strength or depth. I personally think they are quite deep, but I wouldn't be holding up Theo and this Pyro's as proof of it.

I also like how the folk responding in favour Bakker are "fan boys" yet the folk that respond to her in the same way aren't "besmirched".

I'm sure there is some prevailing net wisdom about arguing on the internet.

Bakker is perfect for trolls it seems he is very earnest.

Oh dear lol.

Bakker always attracts clowns

Yeah, I can't tell if this is real or not. I still wish Bakker had used a female pen name, I wonder if Prince of Nothing would be speculative fiction's version of Hand Maiden's tale...which, you know, wasn't a genre novel. At all.

Archived