Asha

ladyriverrun

Come on, it's not too late. Filming barely started, and the actress Gemma Whelan has just been confirmed for the role. Keep the name Asha. PLEASE!!!

:thumbsup: I support this statement.

I don't understand how can they think that a person smart enought to follow the plot so far can be stupid enough not to know the difference between ASHA and OSHA. And they are never even close to one another!

I know that westeros.org gets read by these guys (Producers) because they mentioned it a couple of times in interviews: So if the mods ever are in touch with them....... KEEP ASHA , change OSHA : they havent mentioned her name anyways, nobody will care, she is such a minor character at this point........

And YARA? Isnt that confusing with ARYA with the logic that the change was done in the first place????

I think Osha is going to be a larger counterpart to Theon when he is in Winterfell. They kind of played that up a bit in that scene between them in the first season. So in the first half of season 2, you will have him interact with Asha, and in the second half Osha, which then makes it more dire that Asha sounds like Osha rather than that Yara sounds like Arya. Arya is in a completely separate world this season, and is also much younger. There is even one point where both Asha and Osha is in Winterfell (if they keep that). I still agree that changing Osha's name would have been the better choice, though.

I trust 'em and think they've generally made good decisions with changes so far, with very few exceptions. My only problem with "Yara" is that it doesn't sound quite as....well... strong as "Asha." Can't quite put my finger on what the "strong" sound is in Asha's name, but there it is.

Apart from the similar names and the fact they are both women is there really anyway you could confuse them? To the audience one is a dirty barbarian hunter/wildling and the other is a sexy viking warrior lady/Ironborn Princess. Is it really that hard to tell them apart?

Also couldn't they just emphasise different parts of their names. i.e Asha is Ash-a and Osha is O-sha

I trust 'em and think they've generally made good decisions with changes so far, with very few exceptions. My only problem with "Yara" is that it doesn't sound quite as....well... strong as "Asha." Can't quite put my finger on what the "strong" sound is in Asha's name, but there it is.

Yara sounds like a Russian peasant's name. Asha sounds highborn.

CHANGE OSHA's NAME. NOT ASHA's.

Not only is she a lesser character, but OSHA sounds like the fucking Occupational Safety & Health Administration. Why not change her name to Fema? That sounds like a wilding name more than OSHA, which also evokes the ocean.

EDIT: To say a FERTILIZING company turns up with a search for 'Yara'. How ironic.

Yara sounds like a Russian peasant's name. Asha sounds highborn.

CHANGE OSHA's NAME. NOT ASHA's.

Not only is she a lesser character, but OSHA sounds like the fucking Occupational Safety & Health Administration. Why not change her name to Fema? That sounds like a wilding name more than OSHA, which also evokes the ocean.

EDIT: To say a FERTILIZING company turns up with a search for 'Yara'. How ironic.

You do realize time machines are fictional.

Perhaps not.

Archived