[Pre-ADwD Spoilers] Daenerys 3 - Spoilers for ADWD

Jon Targaryen

And given that Quaithe is plainly talking to Dany, then I'm still confused about your interpretation of the prophecy. Given your belief that the "pale mare" can only be Dany, then what does "soon comes" mean? In what sense is Dany about to come to herself?

Soon comes means that someone is coming in Meeren soon. It's 3rd person (comes), so she speaking about someone who is not there.

Second, Dany does not need to come herself, she needs to come in Meeren (hence pale mare who is coming) where all other people will come (to her).

About monologue, we should ask someone who was there, when GRRM read chapter. You quote part of text which is not written by Martin.

I am still thinking that Crow is TEC. The Crow with Three Eyes who comes to Bran. Victorian on Crow's Eye behalf seems likely, but text does not say otherwise. Maybe TEC will come Dany in sleep, as to Bran.

Hasn't the writer already given this away when he talked about disease being the theme of ADwD? 'Pale mare' seems too suggestive of this to be anything else. I grant that many might not be familiar with the Four Horses of the Apocalypse but to them I say type in "pale horse" and "disease" in Google and see what comes up.

About monologue, we should ask someone who was there, when GRRM read chapter. You quote part of text which is not written by Martin.

The first three DWD chapters were included in a spanish promo book, "Dominio de Dragones" (Dominion of Dragons), back in 2006. It's a official release from the ASOIAF spanish editor and was intended to be a gift attached to AFFC spanish translation.

http://www.tierrasdeacero.com/beta/gen/index.php?mod=lib&sec=libva1&liblib=541

dany was sleeping, the dream seemed to be real, quaithe talks to her and says that's she is not dreaming but at the end Missandei enters into the room and dany was alone.

(well, the book can be found in the web, in spanish as I said)

I am still thinking that Crow is TEC. The Crow with Three Eyes who comes to Bran. Victorian on Crow's Eye behalf seems likely, but text does not say otherwise. Maybe TEC will come Dany in sleep, as to Bran.

no, I think Bran is the Dragon's Mummer, warging Drogon. Or maybe The Crow might be Samwell Tarly.

The first three DWD chapters were included in a spanish promo book, "Dominio de Dragones" (Dominion of Dragons), back in 2006. It's a official release from the ASOIAF spanish editor and was intended to be a gift attached to AFFC spanish translation.

Are you talking about first three Dany chapters? All three chapters? If not, do not troll.

Sualk:

I agree with that. I don't think the pale mare is necessarily a person. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a literal pale mare, though--say a horse with a dead rider on it that comes up to the gates of Meereen and provides the initial vector for the disease in question.

Are you talking about first three Dany chapters? All three chapters? If not, do not troll.

I don't know about the Spanish language edition, but the first three Dany chapters from ADWD were released in English at a booksellers' convention at (IIRC) 2004, and can be found on eBay from time to time. The summaries are based on that selection, so I'm assuming that the prophecy is quoted word for word. (At least, in the past six years, I can't think of anybody who has come onto one of these threads and said that the wording was incorrect, actually it should be X instead of Y or something like that.)

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a literal pale mare, though--say a horse with a dead rider on it that comes up to the gates of Meereen and provides the initial vector for the disease in question.

I have no definite ideas on what will be the impetus for the disease but those boats that Xaro Xhoan Daxos left are awfully mysterious.

I know this is a long shot, but do any of you ever wonder what happened to her baby? That old lady seemed so sure he would come, maybe the prophecy just won't come true. But, we all know how GRRM can throw a curve ball. Mirri Maz Duur said

He was scaled like a lizard, blind, with the stub of a tail and small leather wings like the wings of a bat. When I touched him, the flesh sloughed off the bone, and inside he was full of graveworms and the stink of corruption. He had been dead for years.

Darkness, Dany thought. The terrible darkness sweeping up behind to devour her. If she looked back she was lost. My son was alive and strong when Ser Jorah carried me into this tent, she said. I could feel him kicking, fighting to be born.

That may be as it may be, answered Mirri Maz Duur, yet the creature that came forth from your womb was as I said. Death was in that tent, Khaleesi.

We know we can't trust this Mirri Maz Duur, maybe he didn't die, and she did something w him.....but the way she describes him (scaled like a lizard and blind, a stub tail, small wings of a bat) makes him sound like a dragon. Now I have no clue how Dany could have birthed a dragon, but maybe she did?

Maybe he'll come back? Maybe he really isn't dead?

Yeah I know, I said it was a long shot. This is really GRRM's fault. He leaves us to our thoughts for years on end and we come up w all sorts of crazy scenerios to try and keep up w him, like we could. But something really does seem off about the whole situation. What do you guys think?

As for the "perfumed seneschal" Daenerys needs to beware, isn't there a certain important seneschal at the Citadel (who don't like magic one bit), and didn't Marwyn say he wanted to get to Daenerys before whoever the Citadel was going to send after her did first?

Archived