[Pre-ADwD Spoilers] Daenerys 3 - Spoilers for ADWD

Jon Targaryen

Reznak tells Dany that this means Yunkai will take Mereen and rape its daughters and maiden wives. Skahaz Shavepate slaps his sword, saying that he would kill his family before seeing them fall to such a fate.

Skahaz Shavepate, A.K.A. Keyser Soze!

Yup, I mean Marwyn the Mage. We know he is on the way to visit Dany. So he has to be one of the mentioned animals.

What about the Daario thought?

I dont think Daario will equate to the perfumed senechal but thats a gut response.

- I think Varys would have been one of the afore mentioned characters that would be influential enough to be deserving of a prelude before his entrance into Dany's sphere of influence

- I also think that Varys stated dislike of magic makes him a potential adversary to Dany/Dany's dragons because the rebirth of dragons has corresponded/is responsible for the reawkening of magical powers

• 2 months later...
What about the Perfumed Qartheen as the Seneschal?

Why not Varys as the Pale Mare? Or am I confusing mare and gelding? ;)

Seriously though, wouldn't one of the Dothraki "mothers" living in their mountain hall qualify as a "Pale Mare"?

Well, yeah, of course you weren't. And I wasn't replying to your post, so it all works out. However, since you brought it up, I'm not sure how Xaro counts as a steward either, except insofar as he has a household which he may or may not oversee personally.

The description might apply to Illyrio, who is responsible for supplying Dany with more than one retainer and--based on Tyrion II--appears to be overseeing their activity to some extent. Also, while you should always bet on the fake out in any prophecy, in this case I would not be surprised if it's actually the dude working as Dany's seneschal.

The description might apply to Illyrio, who is responsible for supplying Dany with more than one retainer and--based on Tyrion II--appears to be overseeing their activity to some extent. Also, while you should always bet on the fake out in any prophecy, in this case I would not be surprised if it's actually the dude working as Dany's seneschal.

Reznak mo Reznak is the obvious choice but Illyrio's a good candidate for betrayal as well. I never really understood why Illyrio supported Viserys and Dany. Promises of big rewards doesn't hold water since Illyrio already has pretty much everything. You don't get to Illyrio's position by taking big risks and being a bad judge of character. Betting on Viserys with his insanity and stupidity is NOT something Illyrio would do.

I wonder if the guy who bought up all the Fighting Pits in Mereen, Hizdahr zo Loraq, is one of the "good guys" or the "bad guys"? I'd like him to be someone who's loyal to Dany (She could use one of those..) but in the first Dany chapter he, for some reason, gives of a Littlefinger vibe. Charming, funny, about to become a very rich and powerful person because of a seemingly minor decision on Dany's part. Similar to the consequenses of LF being made Lord of Harrenhal.l

Well, Illyrio isn't exactly risking much. What have he given them? Food, shelter and nothing else at first. After that? He sent her one valuable slave and lent her three ships. And she's got something is downright priceless by then. It is a basic gambling - if the pay off is HUGE, and you only have to pay a little bit, then it doesn't take very high odds before it start looking profitable.

Here are some additions made by Jaehaerys from way back:

SUMMARY ADDITIONS (in order as given in chapter, my comments are in italics):

Dany calls a war council in the Great Pyramid’s armory to discuss sending help to Astapor. Her council consists of: Skahaz the Shavepate, Grey Worm and his seconds Callando and Hero, Moragy of the Mother’s Men, Mollono Yos Dob of the Stalwart Shields, Symon Stripeback (named for his scarred back from the whippings in Astapor) of the Free Brothers and Rommo, a wizened jaqqa rhan to speak for the Dorthraki.

Who are the Stalwart Shields? a mercenary company similar to the Stormcrows? Grey Worm and his second represents Dany's unsullied. The Mother's Men are a milita of Meeren slaves. The Free Brothers comes from the freed men Dany brought along from Astapor and Yunkai (Possibly the ones Barristan's training to knights)

wasn't Stalwart Shield the name taken by one of the unsullied?

Yes it was, he was murdered in he first Dany chapter but in the qoute I put up the Stalwart Shields comes off as a gruop of people.

Well, Illyrio isn't exactly risking much. What have he given them? Food, shelter and nothing else at first. After that? He sent her one valuable slave and lent her three ships. And she's got something is downright priceless by then. It is a basic gambling - if the pay off is HUGE, and you only have to pay a little bit, then it doesn't take very high odds before it start looking profitable.

Well you forgot about three dragon eggs that were far too valuable for “protocol†marriage gift. It also pretty clear from AFFC and even more from ADWD spoilers that he involved with Targs for a long time. The question however is what is his personal goal? He is barely looking for Westeros lord position (he could have got this with much less trouble just by turning Tyrion in or earlier by killing Dany) and he has no lack of wealth already.

Well, yeah, of course you weren't. And I wasn't replying to your post, so it all works out. However, since you brought it up, I'm not sure how Xaro counts as a steward either, except insofar as he has a household which he may or may not oversee personally.

So far there is no indication that Illirio is going to Dany he seems to be content in Pentos. The warning must be about somebody who is currently close to Dany or will he near her in ADWD.

So far there is no indication that Illirio is going to Dany he seems to be content in Pentos. The warning must be about somebody who is currently close to Dany or will he near her in ADWD.

See, I'm not sure the "perfumed seneschal" has to be coming to Dany. Quaithe says that some people are coming (pale mare, crow, kraken, etc.), but she just says beware the perfumed seneschal.

Archived