Jaime POV

Robert Fossoway

Yes, Tyrion lied to Jaime, out of spite and, frankly, wrath. I have a feeling Jaimie knew he was lying, though.

Also, Jaimie felt nothing for Joffrey, so I'm not sure how effective that was, even if Tyrion wasn't lying.

Anyway, it's kind of funny and it shows how faulty the memory can be (mine anyway) because I thought I remembered that Tyrion actually did poison Joffrey. And I forgot about Littlefinger's hand in the murder as well as Olenna Tyrell's. I'd also forgotten that Jaimie freed Tyrion only to then become estranged from him following his confession.

Thanks, I like the collage of Direwolf names too. Agreed, I was sad to see the brothers part as well especially the way it happened. I'm sure Tyrion was wrought with bitterness and betrayal by that time though I mean, he defended (some could say saved) Kings Landing with much honor, finally felt worthy of his father and then...Hello! no Vaseline, no kiss afterwards...just a dry fracking.

Thanks! And I agree. He did quite a bit that helped out King's Landing, and for that matter, Joffrey when he definitely didn't deserve it. Not only did they not give him the thanks or appreciation, but they took the credit that he deserved.

I know I was really surprised when I saw that POV too. I'm about halfway through ASOS now and I do find I'm enjoying the Jaime stories. It's showing a whole other side of him and I can definitely see he's Tyrion's brother as he seems to me to have the same sense of humor. He also seems to be the only person so far who truly loves Tyrion, my favorite character. And I love the character of Brienne and want to see where that relationship goes.

That being said I agree that what he did to Bran was horrible, I'm hoping to see some remorse from him for that at some point.

I guess I would not want to skip reading any of the POV's because I'd be afraid to miss key plot points. For instance I thought what Theon did was loathsome but if I hadn't read it I would have missed what happened with Bran, Rickon, Hodor and co.

I know I was really surprised when I saw that POV too. I'm about halfway through ASOS now and I do find I'm enjoying the Jaime stories. It's showing a whole other side of him and I can definitely see he's Tyrion's brother as he seems to me to have the same sense of humor. He also seems to be the only person so far who truly loves Tyrion, my favorite character. And I love the character of Brienne and want to see where that relationship goes.

That being said I agree that what he did to Bran was horrible, I'm hoping to see some remorse from him for that at some point.

I guess I would not want to skip reading any of the POV's because I'd be afraid to miss key plot points. For instance I thought what Theon did was loathsome but if I hadn't read it I would have missed what happened with Bran, Rickon, Hodor and co.

100% agreed. I think Jaime is on the path to redemption in this book. What he did to Bran was horrible, but it was an act borne of love so I always did suspect that he wasn't beyond redemption.

100% agreed. I think Jaime is on the path to redemption in this book. What he did to Bran was horrible, but it was an act borne of love so I always did suspect that he wasn't beyond redemption.

@Shaeyoufool - I love Tyrion too. Jaime is one of my favorite POVs that I read in ASoS, and in my opinion his only got better and better each time. However Alan is right that it was an act done out of his love for Cersei, so, I'm not sure that we'll ever actually see him feel "remorse" exactly. However, I'm not the author so who knows, right?

@Alan of Rosby - I agree about Jaime, but I feel he still has a long way to go as well. I'm interested to see what happens with him after the events that happened at the end of ASoS.

Archived