A Thread for Small Questions XI

Stubby

18, actually

Yeah, I think Aegon was around a year old at the sack of Kings Landing, so that means if Jon is almost 17, Aegon would be around 18 if he lived.

The fact that Tyrion thinks Young Griff a.k.a. Aegon is around 15 or so, makes me wonder if it's not the real Aegon...or Tyrion is just a bad judge of ages.

Yeah, I think Aegon was around a year old at the sack of Kings Landing, so that means if Jon is almost 17, Aegon would be around 18 if he lived.

The fact that Tyrion thinks Young Griff a.k.a. Aegon is around 15 or so, makes me wonder if it's not the real Aegon...or Tyrion is just a bad judge of ages.

That was exactly why I asked the Question....

it just seems so odd to me that Young Griff is behaving (IMHO) much younger than Jon and if he is supposedly the real Aegeon it seems a bit off.. but I know Tyrion could be bad at ages (Lady Lemore anyone?!) and I know Jon Snow has had to grow up quickly so I guess I'll have to wait and see..

Btw.. is there a link anywhere on if Aegeon is really Aegeon and if not who is?

That was exactly why I asked the Question....

it just seems so odd to me that Young Griff is behaving (IMHO) much younger than Jon and if he is supposedly the real Aegeon it seems a bit off.. but I know Tyrion could be bad at ages (Lady Lemore anyone?!) and I know Jon Snow has had to grow up quickly so I guess I'll have to wait and see..

Btw.. is there a link anywhere on if Aegeon is really Aegeon and if not who is?

I think whether Aegon is really Aegon is up in the air at the moment, as the possibility of him being a fake is raised several times. However, I believe that it's unsurprising that Jon behaves more maturely than him, primarily because bastards are remarked as growing up quicker, because of their situations, because he was in a much more high-stress position, while Aegon does not appear to have faced any real stress on the level of the POV characters yet and because people in Westeros in his age group in general tend to be much more stressed out, because of the war, especially in comparison to people of Essos.

I think whether Aegon is really Aegon is up in the air at the moment, as the possibility of him being a fake is raised several times. However, I believe that it's unsurprising that Jon behaves more maturely than him, primarily because bastards are remarked as growing up quicker, because of their situations, because he was in a much more high-stress position, while Aegon does not appear to have faced any real stress on the level of the POV characters yet and because people in Westeros in his age group in general tend to be much more stressed out, because of the war, especially in comparison to people of Essos.

I definately agree with you on Jon having to grow up quickly as a result of all he's gone through.. and thanks for the reminder of the quote from AGOT where it says being a bastard makes you grow up quickly!

Do you have any ideas on how Aegeon's being older than Jon would effect Succession (assuming R+L=J and that J was legitimate) ?.

I think everyone can agree that the big battle is coming between Ice and Fire. It seems like all of the POV characters represent the Fire side of that equation.

Are we going to get an introduction of a new character that leads the Ice (undead)? There has to be some force behind the undead driving and coordinating their movements, maybe an existing character is killed and will embody this force (Jon). Not saying that I want this to happen, but I'd like to have some insight on the Ice tactics or motivations as the series continues.

Anyone else?

I think everyone can agree that the big battle is coming between Ice and Fire. It seems like all of the POV characters represent the Fire side of that equation.

Are we going to get an introduction of a new character that leads the Ice (undead)? There has to be some force behind the undead driving and coordinating their movements, maybe an existing character is killed and will embody this force (Jon). Not saying that I want this to happen, but I'd like to have some insight on the Ice tactics or motivations as the series continues.

Anyone else?

Many people believe that Jon will be Ice (even before aDwD), since he is from the North and commands over a massive ice wall.

Anyone figured out what was the illness/disease that killed Hoster Tully?

Old age?

Note that Tyrion thought Jon was 12, when he was 14-15. Tyrion is not good at ages, on the evidence we've seen.

I am the last to take anything for granted that isnt spelled out as fact in the books. I keep expecting Syrio Forel to show up for example. There are still 8 of Robert bastards out there unaccounted for. There are a few missing people some of whom may show up and some who may not depending on the needs of the future plotlines. The L + R = J fits just too well but isnt fact of course.

I am sorry I am new and didnt realise there was a separate thread for that

I love this thread bc I see all these little details and take note of them and I am glad others are too.

Archived